Axl's silence

He is just a lazy person and will do things when he wants to do, Its sad all his recent televised interviews have been, i dont know what you call that word, like he doesnt talks about Slash at all, like all the questions are given to the interviewer in advance and Axl is only asked those questions

He is just a lazy person and will do things when he wants to do, Its sad all his recent televised interviews have been, i dont know what you call that word, like he doesnt talks about Slash at all, like all the questions are given to the interviewer in advance and Axl is only asked those questions

Insecure.

Just an update would be cool - let us know the status of the band regarding BBF, and if they plan to release an album and/or tour in 2015.

"We are working very hard to release the album, We have tons of material, Axl has a lot up his sleeve, I will take a bullet for him, there will be a tour and a brand new album soon, please buy my Swag" - DJ Ashba

Just an update would be cool - let us know the status of the band regarding BBF, and if they plan to release an album and/or tour in 2015.

"We are working very hard to release the album, We have tons of material, Axl has a lot up his sleeve, I will take a bullet for him, there will be a tour and a brand new album soon, please buy my Swag" - DJ Ashba

xpvtzt.jpg

• Like 1

He did a few interviews from 1999 thru 2002. Since then he does one here and there (a few in 2006, a few in past years).

I think Axl will only interview when something big is happening.... Unlike a lot of celebrities who do interviews any chance they get, Axl really only does it when something big is coming. (I.e Chinese Democracy in 1999-2002, 2006, the vegas residency for kimmel, etc).

I when we have a new record coming we'll see a little more of Axl. I'd love to see the new band perform on TV and do an interview together.

Plus, he's probably worried stuff he says will get taken out of context or he'll get asked about something that makes him feel uncomfortable. He seems to be uncomfortable during the Kimmel interview.... Especially when he's talking about his first job and Slash.

Edited by liers

When Axl does an interview a lot of negative things get brought up. Rather that be the filtering of interview questions, the media perception or simple jokes about his tardiness. It's rare that you get a good interview anymore that wants to talk about music, rather than antics.

Now days Axl knows he isn't doing anything and probably feels there is no reason for him to jump in the spotlight. He doesn't make a big deal about himself, regardless of what others think.

• Like 2

Because he knows the questions he's going to be asked: New album coming soon? "Work still in progress". Tour? "Maybe" ("I don't know, that is Team Brazil work"). Reunion? "No, thank you". There's nothing new musically in the interviews Axl's been doing lately.

Because he knows the questions he's going to be asked: New album coming soon? "Work still in progress". Tour? "Maybe" ("I don't know, that is Team Brazil work"). Reunion? "No, thank you". There's nothing new musically in the interviews Axl's been doing lately.

Yeah, I'm sure it does get tiresome to hear the same old shitty questions every time you're interviewed.

Yeah, I'm sure it does get tiresome to hear the same old shitty questions every time you're interviewed.

Especially when you've been giving the same bullshit answers for years. Axl probably doesn't do interviews because then he'd be confronted with his own embarrassing lack of progress in the last 7 years. He'd rather bury his head in the sun-drenched sands of Team Brazil.

I think he is sick of the attention he has got his whole life, the pictures with fans seem to attest to that. He looks like a lifeless corpse in most of them. Doing interviews regularly will only result in more unwanted attention. I think he is in a phrase in his life where he puts the most value in his privacy. He is in the senior years of his life, so that seems like a logical thing to do.

"We are working very hard to release the album, We have tons of material, Axl has a lot of my dick up his ass, I will take a bullet for him, there will be a tour and a brand new album soon, please buy my Swag" - DJ Ashba

That's closer to the truth.

• Like 1

1. If he was more active in his career then he wouldn't get the "same old" questions every time

2. But somehow other musicians are able to overcome the emotional distress that a 30 minute interview can apparently cause a rock star. If I've got 100 million dollars in the bank, live in a mansion, can bang models every night.....do you think doing a 30-minute interview every couple of months is going to be tiresome??? I personally go to work 40-hours a week - you don't think that is more tiresome than doing spending an hour every couple months on an interview?

His silence, actually, speaks volumes....

Yes, it says "I know that nobody gives a fuck about me and they all think I'm a big joke. So, I'll take a page from Bob Dylan, play up the mystery card, be a recluse, try to garner some sympathy because I'm such a "sensitive" soul. They'll wonder what I'm writing, doing, what my grand vision is." Unfortunately, time has called his bluff and exposed him for a fraud.

Edited by majormayhem

If he has no music to talk about then what can he talk about?

People are desperate for him to talk about Slash and he doesn't wanna do that (at least not in the time being). If it's not about old GNR then interviewer has to move onto private life and Axl hates talking about his private life, so really, aside from music there's not much you can ask him, unless he was willing to open up and give one of those massive historic interviews Oprah style, which will not happen in the immediate future.

Yes, it says "I know that nobody gives a fuck about me and they all think I'm a big joke. So, I'll take a page from Bob Dylan, play up the mystery card, be a recluse, try to garner some sympathy because I'm such a "sensitive" soul. They'll wonder what I'm writing, doing, what my grand vision is." Unfortunately, time has called his bluff and exposed him for a fraud.

A fraud? WTF!

Axl is such a millionaire he must have travelled the world 20 times already. Just because he's not on the cover of People magazine every month every year doesn't mean he's a "recluse". I'm pretty sure he goes wherever the fuck he wants to go, stays months in the Everest mountain and you would never find out. That recluse bullshit is so old and boring and certainly exposes yourself for a fraud.

In the early 90's, Axl Rose did a lot of interviews and was very outspoken. Do you think he looks back on those interviews and realizes what a jackass he was? And now chooses to be silent out of embarrassment? To build up mystery? Or, both?

I don't think so.

First of all, I don't think Axl was a complete jackass back when real Guns N' Roses was around. He was a troubled man, and he wanted to speak his mind, I think the problem was, most of the time he didn't know how to.

If we're going to discuss the reason behind his silence after real Guns N' Roses broke up, we'll get more than one answer, and at the same time, no answer at all. I mean, why didn't he say anything about "Slash lies" in the early 00s? Why would he choose to rant about Slash and Duff in his concerts instead of telling his TRUTH!! to the press? Probably because he thought the press was out ta get him and would twist everything he could say or, which I think it's more probable, he knew that most of the things Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt said were, in fact, true.

Now, another reason could be, he had nothing to promote. Yes, he had a new band, but he didn't have new material and he knew that "when is the new album coming?" was going to be a priority question in every single interview. You see, back in the early 00s, most people around the world still cared about 'Guns N' Roses'. The failed 2002 World Tour didn't help either so, yet again, he chose to hide and say nothing. Then by 2004 he lost Buckethead and with that, his "new band" started falling apart.

As you can see, his silence could be interpreted in many ways, but "embarrassment" is not one of them. I think he regrets doing some of the things he did in the past the way he did them but I don't think he regrets saying what he thought was his true understanding of the world. I mean, he called out his own mother and his own family, the guy trusted no one, he virtually lost every single person in his life and had to rebuild everything from scratch. I sincerely don't think he feels embarrassed for things he did or said 25 years ago. No way.

As for the present, what is he supposed to say? Or promote? What is the mystery he would be building up for? He has nothing to offer, yet a lot to "lose" (in the sense of, what Axl thinks is harmful to him or his 'band'). Interviewers would badger him with questions about the old band, Slash, old band, old band, Slash, reunion, Slash. Hell, I think some of them would even ask him what is his opinion about Myles Kennedy. :lol: Seriously, when you think about it, you understand why he's not out there right now, doing an interview, and even if he were, would you care? He would be discussing things most of the world don't care about (new album, replacement of Bumblefoot, new tour).

I know that as a fan of real Guns N' Roses, I would have loved to hear or read his side of the story, but that was never going to happen and will never happen. And I also know that I, as the 99% of the forum, would love to see the man doing more interviews, or even commercials, collaborating with other musicians, embarking in new projects, instrumental music, original scores but... that's not Axl Rose. If we truly want and/or expect those things from him, we chose the wrong artist to "support."

• Like 1

If he has no music to talk about then what can he talk about?

People are desperate for him to talk about Slash and he doesn't wanna do that (at least not in the time being). If it's not about old GNR then interviewer has to move onto private life and Axl hates talking about his private life, so really, aside from music there's not much you can ask him, unless he was willing to open up and give one of those massive historic interviews Oprah style, which will not happen in the immediate future.

A fraud? WTF!

Axl is such a millionaire he must have travelled the world 20 times already. Just because he's not on the cover of People magazine every month every year doesn't mean he's a "recluse". I'm pretty sure he goes wherever the fuck he wants to go, stays months in the Everest mountain and you would never find out. That recluse bullshit is so old and boring and certainly exposes yourself for a fraud.

Right, he didnt leave his mansion for 8 years out of embarrassment. Decided to reinvent himself as the recluse. Now, he goes on tour when he wants to, he travels the world and does what he wants and has his handlers take care of him. He sings the hits badly and rakes in cash. He certainly isn't pushing himself creatively, nor has he for 20 years, because he knows he's got nothing. What he does have is disciples who have fallen for his act. He talked about a vision he had for the band and, coupled with his long absences, this creates intrigue. This is why we get one shitty album in 20 years, because, in reality, hes not doing anything creatively. Thats why band members keep leaving. It's also why the band members are forced to sign gag orders, it strips them of their right to speak out and expose him for what he is and also it further builds the mystery surrounding him and the band. Eventually, they see the light and realize they are selling their souls to be part of a glorified cover band.

Time has exposed him as a fraud.

• Like 1

There is nothing for Axl to benefit from by doing interviews anymore. If he has nothing new to offer in regards to new music, interviews at this point will only make him look like a fool. Really what's he supposed to say? He's made it very clear that HE IS Guns N Roses yet he squandered any hope that band had away. He's done next to fuck all the last 20 years. He's had full control of the band to bring his vision to fruition and he's done nothing except release CD and tour off AFD. I imagine in some regards he feels pretty embarrassed about how it's all played out because let's face it, he took the band for himself and drug it through the mud. GnR is equal parts rock icons and an absolute joke at this point. Axl Rose is soley responsibly for the joke side of it and interviews now, with nothing new to announce just reinforce that. He's better off not saying anything at this point.