Reckless Road Approval

Słash

Hi Marc, I wanted to ask about your book, Im not a technical person, but to release the book with the photographs of band members/crew members did you had to get written permission from each one of them?

I know you shot those photos and you have every right to use it wherever you want, but sometimes I guess one needs to get permission to use the face of the other person or something, cause when someone does not have permission they blur the face

So did you have problems regarding this thing?

Axl gave me verble permision when I started putting together the book and everyone that we interviewed signed off on it too. I think a book is a little different than a movie or TV. With a book, you don't really have to do that much as far as getting people to sign off. My publisher just did it to be save. Even Izzy was happy that I was doing the book about their early days when I talked to him on the phone, but chose not to speak in it. If there are people in the crowd at the gigs that appear in the book, then I guess its ok because they were at the gig in a public place. Plus I'm sure they they are happy to be in these photos. There was 1 stripper that was toopless and in my draft. I tracked her down to make sure that she was cool with it but it tured out she didn't want it in so I pulled it. Thats a bit different because she had a different life and didn't want anyone to know about her stripper days.