Tomb Raider

wasted

Free with Games with Gold.

Surprisingly good. Very cinematic and easy to follow your nose through it, nice action, shooting, puzzle kind of element not too hard.

Never played a TR game before so I don't know how to compare but best game I've played since Bioshock.

You're talking the 2013 reboot right? Yes it's a terrific game. I've got the Definitive Edition for Xbox One. It's fairly different from past Tomb Raider games but it was a series that needed this type of reboot to be fresh again. It's got a bit of an Uncharted feel in places mixed with the cinematic quality of Max Payne 3. I love the feel and style of the game. The sequel is due out later this year so that will be a must for me.

It was good fun, but I missed the puzzle solving elements. Felt more like Uncharted with a girl, which is fine for what it is. I did find the Xbox exclusive campaign for the sequel quite amusing, consisering it's cross-gen and only exclusive for a few months.

Edited by Conor
  • Like 1

It was good fun, but I missed the puzzle solving elements. Felt more like Uncharted with a girl, which is fine for what it is. I did find the Xbox exclusive campaign for the sequel quite amusing, consisering it's cross-gen and only exclusive for a few months.

Yeah I really don't get it. Do they think it'll help sell some more consoles or something? I mean, gamers know it'll be hitting the other platforms anyways so there really is no point for it to be a temporary exclusive. As an Xbox One guy I'm happy to get it early though. ;)

Downloaded it a few weeks ago; pretty stoked that they gave it away for free for Xbox Live subscribers. It's been a game I've been meaning to buy for awhile and now I won't have to.

Might delve into it today. My fiance has her friend coming over today to plan her bachelorette party, so I suppose that gives me a good enough excuse to fire up my 360 and give this game a whirl.

I thought the remake was excellent. Loved playing it and buying it for a bargain last year.

Precisely, it did remind me of Uncharted at times.

• 1 month later...

The 2013 reboot is by far the best in the series. It's alot more beleiveable compared to the rest of the franchise.

Tho i am slightly pissed the new game (Rise of the Tomb Raider) is an xbox exclusive to start with

The 2013 reboot is by far the best in the series. It's alot more beleiveable compared to the rest of the franchise.

Tho i am slightly pissed the new game (Rise of the Tomb Raider) is an xbox exclusive to start with

It just means that the PS versions will probably be released as Complete Editions including any DLC and so on. Suits me down to the ground if that's what Xbox are considering an exclusive these days.

It just means that the PS versions will probably be released as Complete Editions including any DLC and so on. Suits me down to the ground if that's what Xbox are considering an exclusive these days.

More than likely. It just seems strange that the Exclusive has gone to Xbox when the original was on Playstation. Supose it all comes down to money in the end