Demos and General things

Słash

Hi Marc, I hope you are doing good, I had a few questions

1). Which was the first Guns N' Roses demo you heard and who gave you to listen to it?

2). Which and when was the first Chinese demo you heard and how did you listen to it? Axl had it in Ipod/mp3 player?

3). When you were in talking terms with Axl from 2002 to 2008, you could call Axl directly or you had to go through TB to talk to him?

4). Has Axl heard Slash's solo albums? did he talk about VR songs or other songs by Slash when he met you?

Kindly Reply

1). Which was the first Guns N' Roses demo you heard and who gave you to listen to it?

2). Which and when was the first Chinese demo you heard and how did you listen to it? Axl had it in Ipod/mp3 player?

3). When you were in talking terms with Axl from 2002 to 2008, you could call Axl directly or you had to go through TB to talk to him?

4). Has Axl heard Slash's solo albums? did he talk about VR songs or other songs by Slash when he met you?

Kindly Reply

I watch them record and help pay for their first demo which was Jungle ,Anything geos, Don't Cry and Back off Bitch Oct 1985 at the time they cost $5.00 a copy and I bought 2 copies from the studio.

The first time I heard CD demos were in the studio with Axl in the end of 2000.

I would just call the house

I'm sure Axl has heard Slash's solo records but the only one that I talked to Axl about was VR 1 which he liked but thought that it could have been produced better. I think he felt that Slash could have done better if pushed a bit harder.

• Like 1

Kindly Reply

I watch them record and help pay for their first demo which was Jungle ,Anything geos, Don't Cry and Back off Bitch Oct 1985 at the time they cost $5.00 a copy and I bought 2 copies from the studio.

I'm sure Axl has heard Slash's solo records but the only one that I talked to Axl about was VR 1 which he liked but thought that it could have been produced better. I think he felt that Slash could have done better if pushed a bit harder.

Have you tried to call Axl's house in the recent years to wish him Happy birthday or something?

After the band broke up, how did you manage to be in the studio with Axl at the end of 2000, I know you and Axl know each other well, but you and Slash are more closer, I had thought Axl din't wanted to do anything with the people related to Slash, Did you call up Axl or Axl just called you and said Hey March drop by the studio?

When you were in talking terms with Axl, did he invite you to his halloween parties? did you attend them? He calls up people to invite or he sends invitation cards?

I havent tried to call the house but a few years back I did call Beta because we wanted to come see the band at the Forum but Beta texted me back that I have said all these bad things about Axl. Funny how people see things, when I all I do is defend Axl when needed. I think the problem is if I say something nice about Slash, they might see it as a dig about Axl?

After the Axl and Slash split, my wife and I were somehow grandfathered in because we were so close with Axl. Axl knew that we still talked to Slash but the history we had with Axl was strong enough to keep things good still.

I think Axl dropped by my house one day near the end of 2000 and wanted me to come with him to the studio to hear what he had been working on with the new band. At that time he still respected by opion. I have always told Axl my true thoughts. I didn't work for the band and he knew that I would tell him my honest opion. It 's sad that he feels that is now gone.

Beta always took care of inviting the people to the Halloween parties. Yes we went to all of them that we were invited to.

• Like 1

How do you know, when Beta says you can't talk to Axl because you talked shit about him, that they are indeed Axl's orders of not letting you in or it is Beta's own judgement on who can talk to Axl or not?

:shrugs:

Good point. Like when they tried to stop Duff from seeing Axl in London back in 2010.

Kindly Reply

Did you like early demos of the songs ?

How do you know, when Beta says you can't talk to Axl because you talked shit about him, that they are indeed Axl's orders of not letting you in or it is Beta's own judgement on who can talk to Axl or not?

It seems Beta controls Axl and she keeps him away from the people related or saying Good things to Slash, but I guess If Axl tells her to shut up, then she cant do anything, like the thing with Duff, once Axl and Duff met even Beta could not stop them to be together

Marc has never talked bad things about Axl, in many cases he has defended Axl, so Marc knows who is right and wrong which is the best thing of him, Its sad that so many people come inbetween so they cant be friends again, If marc had called Axl directly then I don't think so Axl would have said NO YOU DONT COME cause somewhere even Axl knows that he and marc were very good friends

never understood why a grown man needs a babysitter. why does he let her control his life the way she does. I know he can be childish but cmon grow up

She's not a babysitter... She was hired in first place to assist him with household and domestic things. I'm pretty sure Duff, Slash and the rest also have people employed to help around with mundane things. We all need help at some point.

Axl lives in a mansion... that mansion needs maintainance... do you think Axl is going to mow the lawn? cook on a daily basis? wash clothes, iron, clean house, etc. There are so many things to be done in a house and him being a single person, a celebrity and probably a lazy guy.. well, he does need assistance with all that and he's got the money to pay for that service.

When you have a housekeeper and you don't have other family around, it's pretty common that those people become "family" to you. They live with you and deal with your life on a daily basis. It's inevitable that at some point they will know you and support you more than your own relatives. She gained Axl's trust and she has acted like a mother to him. What's amazing is that she's one of the few people who stuck around with Axl and didnt get fed up like his ex-bandmates. How is that possible? I don't know but it intrigues me.

It seems Beta controls Axl and she keeps him away from the people related or saying Good things to Slash, but I guess If Axl tells her to shut up, then she cant do anything, like the thing with Duff, once Axl and Duff met even Beta could not stop them to be together

Marc has never talked bad things about Axl, in many cases he has defended Axl, so Marc knows who is right and wrong which is the best thing of him, Its sad that so many people come inbetween so they cant be friends again, If marc had called Axl directly then I don't think so Axl would have said NO YOU DONT COME cause somewhere even Axl knows that he and marc were very good friends

While it is a problem to have filters between people and its not good to not address problems personally, I think if Axl really wanted to talk to Marc then he would pick up the phone himself and try to fix it. Looks like when Axl doesn't want to deal with a person he sends someone from his entourage to deal with them, which is not cool either.