HTGTH

Słash

I dont know if this topic can be discussed in the main forum, but yeah its related to GNR, and I dont know if it has been discussed before, so please dont ban me over this

HTGTH is owned by Jarmo and I guess he started it in 1996 and he is one of the Yes Men of Axl, I wanted to know that how did Axl came to know about him? through TB? As he is Axl's Yes men I guess he hates Slash or something, I heard somewhere that talking about Slash is banned in his forum?

Ive seem him touring with Axl and all, so the admins or the mods or some "Legit Insiders" or anyone can give more details on who the hell he is and how he went inside Axl's circle?

• Like 2

I don't know exactly how Axl/TB discovered HTGTH/Jarmo. My guess would be though that it was the first really big GN'R fan site on the internet. It was online (And popular) a good 6 years before MyGNR, and I think other sites like CD.com came along even later than MyGNR. At the time it would've been the most popular GN'R website on the internet, the band didn't even have an official website yet (I think gnronline.com went online in 2001?). So Axl/Beta probably just reached out to Jarmo and that was it? :shrugs:

Yeah, don't know the exact dates, but Jarmo started HTGTH in the mid 90s while opening the discussion forum I believe in the early 2000s (maybe late 90s). It really was the only source of GNR news unless you belonged to the Dust N' Bones mailing list managed by Jeff Boerio. As P5 alluded, GNR did not have a website of their own until they launched gnronline.com, which was eventually shut down. I actually have a gnronline.com t-shirt they gave away for promotion when Oh My God was released in tandem with the movie End of Days. I believe it was a promotional thing coordinated with the Dust N' Bones mailing list.

So in that sense, HTGTH operated as the de facto GNR presence on the web. It only made sense for the band to secure closer ties considering they weren't seemingly willing or interested in launching their own. The site also benefits from Jarmo touring with the band in the sense that he records and broadcasts setlist as they happen.

However, due to his moderating style, other forums, such as this one, grew in popularity. Say what you want about his moderating style, but Jarmo is owed a world of credit for giving GNR fans space on the web when there was none and the band seemed uninterested in such a thing. Plus, he's a pretty good guy to talk to in person.

I think it became apparent by the end of the last decade the HTGTH was no longer the go-to destination that it once was for GNR news and discussion. I think that's why the band attempted to create its own forum through the Nightrain fan club. It would make sense since having direct control and ownership of a forum with the most GNR fans is a no-brainer. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out in their favour as most fans seem to see little value in paying $50 (or whatever it was) to post on an online fan forum. You can't compete with free unless you offer something that fans can't get anywhere else. So far they haven't done that.

• Like 2

Thanks for the Info, any idea why did he chose HTGTH as a name of the website and not something like Gunners.com or GNR.com or AFD.com which would make more sense, but even with that name, his site became very famous

Is there a page of history of mygnr? how did you guys started? it was whose idea? who is on the team now and who was on the team before? I heard that this site had its downfall also and TB helped and everyone was banned and then somehow you got it back?

It would be great if you could shed some light on that too

A guy named Eric started MyGNR back in late 2001/2002 - he still owns the mygnr.com domain as part of the deal when he sold mygnrforum.com to Subsy in 2012. I don't feel it's my place to go into too many details about the problems with Eric, but it will suffice to say that he didn't always have the forum's well-being at the forefront of his mind. The other admin on the forum for most of the forum's history was Madison. While Madison was hugely integral in growing the forum to be the biggest GN'R site on the internet, she also had a particularly hardline approach to moderating. She frequently banned members (Good members at that) over minor offenses, often without any sort of verbal warning or explanation for the banning. Madison eventually got sacked from the staff in 2010 - depending on who you ask it may or may not have been as a result of a particularly vicious post Axl made about her on here.

The post-Maddy, pre-Subsy years on here were a mess. The forum started deteriorating due to a lack of involvement from Eric since Maddy had usually taken care of a lot of the forum issues. In 2011 Eric announced the forum would be closing within several days. Subsy was close to striking a deal to buy the forum at this point, but in the eleventh hour, Eric backed out and announced the forum would live on due to an "anonymous benefactor". Subsy and HV (And I think ER and one or two more staff members?) were really unhappy with Eric over calling off the sale, and resigned from the staff. It was at this point I came on as a mod. The next year was absolutely awful on here. Basically, the staff was Eric, Gunsguy, Montrealer, Zint, and myself. Eric was the sole admin, and he didn't do shit for the forum. The rest of the mod team were completely in the dark about everything going on with the forum. There were frequent blackouts where the site would go offline, sometimes for several days at a time. We'd all email or text each other and wonder if Eric had finally shut the site down and not bothered to tell everyone. Honestly, every time there was a blackout, I thought it was the end of the site.

Eventually talks opened back up between Eric and Subsy, and this time they struck a deal for Subsy to buy the forum from Eric. Subsy and HV became the new admins, and the rest of the staff was quite similar to the current team. Now we're better than the old one.

I think that should just about catch you up to speed.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the info man, What did Madison do that Mr. Axl Rose himself made a comment about her? If its something personal then you can PM me or you can tell here so other fans who spend so much time here can also know, well they deserve to know

Subsy and Downzy are the same people or different? so basically Subsy is the main owner? what about the other admins like RussTCB? have they divided their share for the yearly domain and hosting fee's? are they from the same places or different?

You being on this site from a long time, did you ever get to meet the Admins or other mods in real life?

Subsy or other admins have a direct contact with TB because when Fernando came here back in 2008 or If he was here from before, how would the admins know if he is the real deal, today my screen name is Slash, it doesnt makes me the real Slash (or who knows maybe Im am Slash lol), So I assume there would be some sort of contact between the Admins and TB?

I've moved this to Civil War. It's a reasonable topic but one that has potential to be contentious.

Pussy.

What are you so fucking afraid of?

Nothing. Just making appropriate use of our designated categories. Civil War is a place where people can be a little more argumentative (but not impolite) so it seemed the best place for it.

tldr: I'm tidying up. Us pussy people are good at that. ;-)

As he is Axl's Yes men I guess he hates Slash or something, I heard somewhere that talking about Slash is banned in his forum?

I'm a frequent poster over there. To clear something up, you can talk about Slash as much as you want on the forum. There's a dedicated section for that.

Even if the topic of Slash naturally becomes a part of the discussion in the main section, it's not censored or removed.

Thanks for all the info man, What did Madison do that Mr. Axl Rose himself made a comment about her? If its something personal then you can PM me or you can tell here so other fans who spend so much time here can also know, well they deserve to know

Subsy and Downzy are the same people or different? so basically Subsy is the main owner? what about the other admins like RussTCB? have they divided their share for the yearly domain and hosting fee's? are they from the same places or different?

You being on this site from a long time, did you ever get to meet the Admins or other mods in real life?

Subsy or other admins have a direct contact with TB because when Fernando came here back in 2008 or If he was here from before, how would the admins know if he is the real deal, today my screen name is Slash, it doesnt makes me the real Slash (or who knows maybe Im am Slash lol), So I assume there would be some sort of contact between the Admins and TB?

Axl posted chewing Madison out for insisting that venues on the Canadian tour in 2010 were citing Axl as the reason people were being forced to take their Slash/AFD shirts off before entering the venue, something that Axl insists is untrue. Personally, I believe Axl since it wasn't happening at every show on the tour, but that's beside the point. But he came on here and tore her a new one in a really vicious post. Later that day she got dropped from the team. Some of the staff at the time claim that there were already discussions about dropping her before the Axl rant, but I don't know the whole story there and I'm not going to pretend I do. The topic of Madison comes up every few months and it usually gets pretty heated as she's a very divisive member, so let's leave the Madison discussion at that.

Subsy and Downzy are different people. Downzy came on to the mod team over the Summer, and recently bought the forum from Subsy. Downzy is now the owner of the forum. Hosting fees are (mostly) covered by our revenue from Google Adsense, and Downzy covers the remaining server costs. We have a new revenue idea launching soon which will hopefully cover the remainder of the server fees so Downzy doesn't lose money by owning the site :) The rest of the admins (Russ, ER, and Forsaken) are admins in the sense that Maddy was; they help run the site, but have no stake in the ownership.

Yes, I've met several of the staff members in real life, regular members as well. As far as the staff goes, I'm good friends with Black Sabbath - we go to a good number of gigs together, and we roomed together for a week of the second residency last year in Vegas. I've also met up with Gunsguy, Downzy, and Zint at various gigs. All great guys :) I've met up with several former staff members as well (Including Eric), but the ones I mentioned are it for current staff members.

Typically when someone from GN'R/TB has posted on here in the past, they verify their account with an admin, and we tag them in their own group. You see where on a mod's post there is a badge that says "MODERATOR"? We tag them with a badge that says "GN'R", so other members know they're verified.

I've moved this to Civil War. It's a reasonable topic but one that has potential to be contentious.

Pussy.

Totally uncalled for. But if Alfie was "scared" of anything, she would've deleted this thread instead of just move it to another section of the forum. This discussion is GN'R related, but not strictly speaking about GN'R - therefore it doesn't belong in D&N.

• Like 2

Pussy.

Get the fuck over yourself arsehole. Alfie is the shit, show some respect. Never liked your posts you come off as a complete cock. Edited by UK SUBS
  • Like 4

Thanks for the Info, any idea why did he chose HTGTH as a name of the website and not something like Gunners.com or GNR.com or AFD.com which would make more sense, but even with that name, his site became very famous

Is there a page of history of mygnr? how did you guys started? it was whose idea? who is on the team now and who was on the team before? I heard that this site had its downfall also and TB helped and everyone was banned and then somehow you got it back?

I wrote & asked him about the name HTGTH as a name and he replied that he bought a GNR t-shirt with that written on the back. Might have been at an early show he attended, I can't find the message he sent me sorry.

It's interesting they created a forum for GnR in 1996 and that it's been able to survive for 19 years... It's not like there was news or much to discuss from 1994-2001 and from 2003-2006. I'm guessing the name came because, well, GnR was there one day as the biggest band and then the next day was silent and noone heard much from them.

It's interesting hearing stories about the lost years of GnR and the history of the forums.... It's strange how with the lack of news, the long periods of time with silence, and one album in 20 years that there's so many active GnR forums, compared to other bands that have one or two forums that have maybe 3 or 4 posts a day.

• Like 1

I wrote & asked him about the name HTGTH as a name and he replied that he bought a GNR t-shirt with that written on the back. Might have been at an early show he attended, I can't find the message he sent me sorry.

I've had a t-shirt with "Here Today Gone To Hell, Theatre Tour 1991" written on the front.

• Like 1

Is there a link of the thread or post where Axl blasted out at Madison? After she was kicked out or removed as an Admin, she came here as a normal person? As you said she was in in charge of everything before Subsy, So I assume she did spent a lot of time here and she would be a big GNR fan, so does she drops by here or she has no contact with anyone from here now?

Is there a link of the thread or post where Axl blasted out at Madison? After she was kicked out or removed as an Admin, she came here as a normal person? As you said she was in in charge of everything before Subsy, So I assume she did spent a lot of time here and she would be a big GNR fan, so does she drops by here or she has no contact with anyone from here now?

Not sure where the actual thread is, but here is the "rant":

What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!! -Axl

I think she pretty much disappeared afterwards. She has posted a few times in the last six months or so, so she at least visits the forum from time to time.

EDIT: I think the rant was awful and totally inappropriate, but I can't help but LOL at the For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!

Edited by Lio
  • Like 1

Well that rant was.....I dont know what to say........it sounded like that 16 year old Bill Bailey roaming the streets in Lafayette........it sounds pretty vulgar......

I guess Axl dint directly tell the security to kick out people wearing Appetite or Slash's tshirts, but from what ive heard people were told that they wont be allowed inside unless they take it off and just wear it inside out, Maybe it was TB's orders? When Axl came to know about this situation, he should have told TB or the Security people that let people wear what they want

I guess the forum is in good and better hands now, but its good to know about the History, I dont know Madison personally but I guess she did work very hard on here handling everything when Eric dint care to do anything, but well she banned people for stupid reason also, what was it a thread where she posted about this topic or she kept on repeating it that Axl does this and does that?

Who knows Axl would drop here from time to time from another account and not as Dexter

I think she pretty much disappeared afterwards. She has posted a few times in the last six months or so, so she at least visits the forum from time to time.

EDIT: I think the rant was awful and totally inappropriate, but I can't help but LOL at the For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!

He used his favourite word - misguided!!

Not sure where the actual thread is, but here is the "rant":

What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!! -Axl

I wish instead of writing a rant on here he made that into a song... That would probably be the meanest GnR song ever. :headbang:

Originally I was a member at HTGTH. But anytime you mentioned to original band out of the "defined area" to talk about it, you were berated.

I couldn't stand having to argue with him about every post that pertained to the original band. So I left and came here where you can have

any opinion about the band you want. That site is a dead horse now. I consider it the "Myspace " of forums.