Layla & Ron's "last goodbye"?

its sound pretty nice, it bought a tear to my eye, Thank god Ashba dint cover it, btw which Layla is this? I only know a Layla by Eric Clapton

They should have covered claptons's one, good rock song

which Layla is this?

its sound pretty nice, it bought a tear to my eye, Thank god Ashba dint cover it, btw which Layla is this? I only know a Layla by Eric Clapton

They should have covered claptons's one, good rock song

which Layla is this?

Derek & the Dominos (Clapton/Gordon)

Yeah I hadn't heard them do that before.

Also, what's all this nonsense about which version of Layla this is? That was the famous outro which is the only reason Layla was ever called a good song. Clapton re-released it years later as an acoustic bit with nothing really awesome about it.

• Like 2

Also, what's all this nonsense about which version of Layla this is? That was the famous outro which is the only reason Layla was ever called a good song. Clapton re-released it years later as an acoustic bit with nothing really awesome about it.

It was only played at the last 3 gigs in Vegas last year.

It was only played at the last 3 gigs in Vegas last year.

Little snippets of it here and there.. https://youtu.be/yO15w3Sg6pc?t=6m45s ;)

Ron is an incredible player, he can play the fuck out of anything you give him, and one of few who can play Bucket's parts. He cared about the fans and cared about the band and it's future, he'll be missed.

Edited by MrSoftie

Wonderful.

I had no idea that they had covered that piece of music. It's one of my favorite love themes of all time. Layla itself is a great song, but the coda takes it to a whole other level. Amazing to see this band give this material its due.

I still don't get how someone can write such a beautiful piano piece could smash their mother in the head with a hammer.

It truly is a mad world we live in. From what I've read about Jim Gordon, his illness is so severe that he doesn't seem to remember that he wrote that piano piece. He's lost in a world of ghosts.

Layla, btw was one of the three songs Axl cited as his favorite tunes.