Rock Bios

wasted

Recommend rock bios or any bios.

I just read Make up to Break Up by Peter Criss.

I thought it was good although I don't know if he was lying or much about Kiss. Still entertaining.

I was on the verge of buying Genes book about business, but I realised I was being scammed.

Anthony Kiedis's autobiography is really good. I read it while also listening to their music in chronological order sorta, so around the time I'd be reading about the making of their first album I was actually listening to their first album for the first time. Fun experience

• Like 1

Word of warning. A purchase of Gene's magnum opus will deliver a percentage to, Gene.inc, which will, basically sit there and develop interest amidst the other trillion percentages!

I am into boxing biographies right now. If you want my advice, skip rock bios. Although, and it is strange that you mention it, but I am currently reading a superb book on Mozart: Mozart A Life by Maynard Soloman.

I've read heaps over the years.

Peter Criss' book was pretty good, definitely better than the one Ace's which was a bit light on really.

I haven't read Paul or Gene's but I definitely will at some stage.

Bob Daisley's For Fact's Sake is a must for any Ozzy, RR, Rainbow or Gary Moore fan.

I've read all of these apart from Keefs book. I'd be interested in an Ozzy book.

I read Tysons book. Money will put a book out after Pac knocks him out in the first round.

Scar Tissue was great. Really she'd light on the lifestyle.

I read Manson Long Hard Road Out of Hell and gained more respect for him.

Mozart must have got some primo coke back in the day. Wigs and opium.

Edited by wasted

I've read all of these apart from Keefs book. I'd be interested in an Ozzy book.

Ozzy's book (I Am Ozzy) is very funny, it's a great read in that respect but it contains more than a fair bit of bullshit/revisionist history when it comes to the music side of it.

Bob Daisley kept a diary, and his book covers the writing and recording of Blizzard, Diary and BATM in great detail and is filled full of rare pictures...Ozzy's book covers all this in a paragraph or two and basically says Ozzy and Randy Rhoads wrote everything :rofl-lol:

Tyson book was very good. Maybe people know a lot more than I did going in but it seemed insightful, it's the whole story.

So the Daisly one is better. Actually I have mick walls Sabbath journalism articles book. I read WAR and felt it was fair for the most part.

Anthony Kiedis's autobiography is really good. I read it while also listening to their music in chronological order sorta, so around the time I'd be reading about the making of their first album I was actually listening to their first album for the first time. Fun experience

That+s exactly what I did. Before reading it I have never heard 2 first albums :D

That was great read in general.

I read Pet Cemetary listening to Introduce Yourself by Faith No More it worked somehow.

Knowing sports as I do I can call bullshit on it and I'm less mesmerised. I guess the way the media builds and uses them and builds them up into icons is interesting. Certain scandals are interesting. I could read a Glen Hoddle book he had it going on.

Actually read Paul Mersons book about being degenerate gambler. And Gary Neville's book which was more pedestrian.

I've got Cheryl Cole's book too.

Edited by wasted

Duff's book is a great book in general let alone a great autobiography. His writing is both engaging and inspirational and there's a boatload of great information and stories. Slash's and Adler's are worth a read too.

I've read heaps over the years.

Peter Criss' book was pretty good, definitely better than the one Ace's which was a bit light on really.

I haven't read Paul or Gene's but I definitely will at some stage.

Bob Daisley's For Fact's Sake is a must for any Ozzy, RR, Rainbow or Gary Moore fan.

Paul's is the best of the KISS autobiographies. It's the most informative and covers the most ground in terms of band history. That said, Peter's book was quite enjoyable as far as pacing and storytelling went. Gene's is okay but because it came out over a decade ago it misses some KISS history. Ace's is the weakest. He barely talks about KISS except for bashing Gene and Paul which doesn't leave him with much else to talk about. A very dry read.