Worst Airport You've Been In

Facekicker

Seattle. Horribly crowded with slow lazy staff who couldn't give a fuck.

At an airport in Greece my girlfriend got stopped by security because they'd found a butter knife in her handbag. We explained how it was an accident and that we'd really like to take it with us so out cutlery set would stay complete. They actually allowed us to take it with us in our hand baggage. :P

Inverness had one small runway that was nearly in ruin. VERY bumpy landing. And I already hate flying. :(

• Like 1

At an airport in Greece my girlfriend got stopped by security because they'd found a butter knife in her handbag. We explained how it was an accident and that we'd really like to take it with us so out cutlery set would stay complete. They actually allowed us to take it with us in our hand baggage. :P

Inverness had one small runway that was nearly in ruin. VERY bumpy landing. And I already hate flying. :(

You can't stab someone with a butter knife...or can you? :drevil:

Aaand, now I'm on an NSA watch list :ph34r:

Airports in England, I've hung out in those all day...

Like arriving in at 7am for a 12 noon flight or at 9am for a 4pm flight...

Philadelphia, I've always had to run to the gate and last time I got there, they were boarding.

Edited by Snake-Pit

You can't stab someone with a butter knife...or can you? :drevil:

Aaand, now I'm on an NSA watch list :ph34r:

I think you could do at least as much damage with tweezers or a nail clipper. Which also aren't allowed on. ;)

Inverness has an airport???!!!

Yup! Who'd have thought huh? ;) One landingstrip and an arrival- and departure hall that are actually in one hall.

When I flew into SeaTac a few years back I was feeling pretty groggy and hungover after a 9 hour flight with complementary booze all the way. When I got to security I was pulled to one side and had my carefully packed backpack emptied all over the conveyor belt and searched. I got a little worried when the security lady pulled out a little travel mirror I had with me and asked what all the white powdery residue on it was. :lol:

When I flew into SeaTac a few years back I was feeling pretty groggy and hungover after a 9 hour flight with complementary booze all the way. When I got to security I was pulled to one side and had my carefully packed backpack emptied all over the conveyor belt and searched. I got a little worried when the security lady pulled out a little travel mirror I had with me and asked what all the white powdery residue on it was. :lol:

How did you explain that one?

LAX is way over rated!

JFK is good much better, no problems

LHR is great particulary through T5

Etc etc

ERM.... Tees Valley takes some beating for crap! And if you scared of flying, Leeds/Bradford isn't the place to be landing on a winters windy day (re high up and short runway)

Edited by UK SUBS

I haven't been in enough airports to have a least favourite.

I think I've been in Manchester, Gatwick, Berlin, Kraków, and one in Turkey.

I once collected my sister from Heathrow.

They were all a long time ago and ar pretty non-eventful places so don't remember much.

Philadelphia, I've always had to run to the gate and last time I got there, they were boarding.

Why would you get there at 9am for a 4pm flight?? I know it's you, and a lot of weird shit can just be put down to that but that's bizarre even for you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Why would you get there at 9am for a 4pm flight?? I know it's you, and a lot of weird shit can just be put down to that but that's bizarre even for you.

I might be slightly exaggerating there; I think I got there around 11am, I remember it was June, hot/sunny but compared to where I landed (later that time warped day) where it was grey, raining but hot in a much more humid way - Made me realise; London has a dry heat.