Has anyone here actually heard anything from CD2 that hasn't been leaked?

CD 2 will be mostly unheard if it ever releases. The debacle of CD will not happen again. The leaks were fun but they put a dagger in the album.

WTF did he expect people to do?! He broke up and drove out members of one of the best bands of all time, at least in our eyes. Nothing came from that, until we finally got some leaks from this long rumored album. And because people cared enough about what he was actually doing while nothing was being released and the name was becoming a joke, it ruined the album? The sad part is I don't think you're wrong, but in no way was anyone wrong in that scenario. Had Axl been honest and open and communicative about his plans for the album he could have released the record he always wanted to. But no, he made others pry it out of him and thus GNR fans, the only ones that bothered to stick around for this shit show, become the bad guys that "daggered" his beloved record.

Only in GNR land...

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 1

CD 2 will be mostly unheard if it ever releases. The debacle of CD will not happen again. The leaks were fun but they put a dagger in the album.

WTF did he expect people to do?! He broke up and drove out members of one of the best bands of all time, at least in our eyes. Nothing came from that, until we finally got some leaks from this long rumored album. And because people cared enough about what he was actually doing while nothing was being released and the name was becoming a joke, it ruined the album? The sad part is I don't think you're wrong, but in no way was anyone wrong in that scenario. Had Axl been honest and open and communicative about his plans for the album he could have released the record he always wanted to. But no, he made others pry it out of him and thus GNR fans, the only ones that bothered to stick around for this shit show, become the bad guys that "daggered" his beloved record.

Only in GNR land...

haha you're right. nobody can be at fault here. What happened, happend. Leaks can ruin any album. This one inparticular. We waited so long for it and when we got it there were 3-4 fresh songs on the album. The rest had been heard. It felt like we waited all this time for 3 songs...but the reality was there was alot of material on that album. But we had heard it already. I'm not saying the album was any good from a good listen stand point, but from a hardcore fan stand point it is special in the sense that we waited for this. we know the history of this album, we finally get to hear what Axl has been keeping a secret. But it wasn't a secret, we knew most of the songs.

I think you are blaming Axl too much here though. It was his album, it was his work, we will never know what is like to have something that we put alot of time in, get passed around unfinished. I understand that as fans we sat here and waited on every move form gnr and put alot of our time and money in this, but Axl had alot of plans. He was putting together some fantastic artwork, the three album covers, the stories behind the songs, and trying to make these songs what he wanted them to be. It would suck to wake up one day and you get word that people are already listening to your unfinished project.

But yea nobody is to blame really. The worst possible thing happened from an artist standpoint. He had his work leaked, and there is nothing you can do about that. From the fans standpoint it was great. We got to finally here Axl again on an album that many thought was just a myth.

The dagger is that the album will never get appreciated like Axl inteded us to appreciate it. We will never get the artist version of this album. I'm not saying it is anything ground breaking, but it would have been cool to walk into a store, pick out the hand grenade cover, go home throw it in the cd player and read through the artwork, while listening to the album as a whole for the first time.

• Like 1

Do we know if the full Checkmate / Jackie Chan is out there? I was on this board the night the original 15-20 second clip leaked (5/17/2006).

Who is the guy that cuts in around 16 seconds in and says "Did I mention?...f*!# you!" ? I don't remember what that was all about.

The prospect of hearing the rest of this teaser is about all that keeps me occasionally checking in on the saga.

Edited by TheViper

As Axl stated there is not a lot of material Baz or anyone else mentioned before.

And being the songs from chidem leaked straight out of the news it waz being mixed and mastered. This confirmes things aren't really in motion.

Most singles and albums leak right after the mixing and mastering stages. And I think nothing has been handed in and gnr is maybe really looking into what to do next. No tour announcement makes me a bit hopefull.

Yeah they should get some RnR after five years of touring. So maybe behind the scenes things are gearing up. We know Dj said a summertour or perhaps fall/winter is in the works. And maybe things are in motion for a next release and Axl wants Dj put his spark on things and even Richard has said they are doing some recordings here and there already so things have been done.

Perhaps they wanna keep it on the downlow and not say a word before all deals and everything is 100% in black n white

Lets be hopefull! 2015 is gearing up. Guess before may we hear some news from the big man himself.

And maybe things are in motion for a next release and Axl wants Dj put his spark on things and even Richard has said they are doing some recordings here and there already so things have been done.

I don't mean to single you out, but its sentences like that that just make me crack up and truly think "really? Is this what some people ACTUALLY believe?!" Come on. Nothing's going on. We all know it. If it does, that would be great. But do you really think they are quietly working on a new record and Axl wants DJ to "put his spark on things"? The amount of credit we give this band is insane.

Only in GNR land...

haha you're right. nobody can be at fault here. What happened, happend. Leaks can ruin any album. This one inparticular. We waited so long for it and when we got it there were 3-4 fresh songs on the album. The rest had been heard. It felt like we waited all this time for 3 songs...but the reality was there was alot of material on that album. But we had heard it already. I'm not saying the album was any good from a good listen stand point, but from a hardcore fan stand point it is special in the sense that we waited for this. we know the history of this album, we finally get to hear what Axl has been keeping a secret. But it wasn't a secret, we knew most of the songs.

I think you are blaming Axl too much here though. It was his album, it was his work, we will never know what is like to have something that we put alot of time in, get passed around unfinished. I understand that as fans we sat here and waited on every move form gnr and put alot of our time and money in this, but Axl had alot of plans. He was putting together some fantastic artwork, the three album covers, the stories behind the songs, and trying to make these songs what he wanted them to be. It would suck to wake up one day and you get word that people are already listening to your unfinished project.

But yea nobody is to blame really. The worst possible thing happened from an artist standpoint. He had his work leaked, and there is nothing you can do about that. From the fans standpoint it was great. We got to finally here Axl again on an album that many thought was just a myth.

The dagger is that the album will never get appreciated like Axl inteded us to appreciate it. We will never get the artist version of this album. I'm not saying it is anything ground breaking, but it would have been cool to walk into a store, pick out the hand grenade cover, go home throw it in the cd player and read through the artwork, while listening to the album as a whole for the first time.

I don't entirely disagree with you, but I think you're giving Axl far too much credit (no surprise, you thought I was being too harsh on him). IMO I think Axl Rose is 100% to blame. From now on, I'm gonna say "we", but I'm speaking about the community in general because I was not a part of it at the time. We waited all through the 90s for Axl to finally reemerge. He didn't. And then he did briefly in the early 2000s, played some new songs. Then he went away. When he went away that second time and cancelled the tour, I don't think he has anyone to blame but himself. Thats when the leaks really started coming (if I'm correct) and thats when things really started falling apart. People weren't happy, but they kind of gave him that time to understandably recover from GNR falling apart. When it became 10 years, I think thats when it was it. All bets are off. Leaks, something, we needed proof that something had been done. And thats what the leaks were for.

I do think you're right that the leaks ruined his vision, and for that I do feel bad for him. We all get how hard he worked on this. But the bottom line is without the leaks, there's really no telling when this album would have come out. Yeah, you could have said maybe a year. But it could have been another 10. You didn't know. Clearly producers and labels couldn't get Axl to move any faster. It was only when it became public what he was working on did things (as usual, extremely slowly) starting moving forward. If it were anyone else, I may agree with the artist. But he just kept everyone waiting SO long, mostly because of hold ups on his end. If he wanted to truly make a record and make it right, he could have worked night and day to complete his vision. Its absurd to think otherwise. Either he got nervous or he got lazy, or he got a bit of both, but the bottom line he wasn't giving 100%. We needed to coax it out of him, and thats just really not right. He started a new Guns N Roses, and asked for support. And people gave it to him. For a bit, until it became that we needed something else. He wasn't giving it, so it got stolen. Thats just how life goes. Had he not waited so long, he could have avoided the whole thing.

I truly agree with you that the album will never get the appreciation it deserves. And thats really sad. Cause its not a bad record. But IMO its all at the hands of Axl Rose just as everything in GNR was at the hands of Axl Rose. He is his own worst enemy, and the album won't be appreciated because of his actions. Yes, he's not 100% to blame. But I'd be truly shocked if he's not 50-75% the reason this album became the joke it did and doesn't get its respect. He brought it upon himself. And to try to pin it on other reasons, frankly, I think reflects worse on Axl. I get that its so easy to say all this in retrospect, but the bottom line is he's offered nothing for us to think otherwise. Yeah, there's Chinese Whispers, but in every situation people think of Axl Rose as "Axl Rose, the man who can do anything." Funnily enough, when you read about Chinese Democracy he becomes "Axl Rose, the man that is constantly wrong and backstabbed and being bullied around by the big bad music industry." Just put out music. He couldn't. And it bit him in the ass and unfortunately, I think in 5 years when GNR stops being a band cause he's too old, the end of this legacy is Chinese Democracy is the album that ended his career.

• Like 1

What do you people think is considered Chinese Democracy II? For all I know, some people could have heard unreleased songs but that doesn't necessarily mean that the same song (or songs) they heard are going to be included in the next album, or the next album after that. I mean, what is "CD2"?

At this point, there isn't a single person outside Axl's camp that could answer this question. If you find someone claiming they did, they're full of shit. 100% bullshitters trying to get attention for themselves. Never forget that! ;)