April Nightrain Assembly from GunsNRoses.com

I got this email today. Must be April Fools' Day. Typically bands try to increase membership in advance of something happening, which is clearly not the case.

Anyone who joins The 2015 Nightrain before the end of April can participate in this month's contest.

Once you've got a membership, head over to GUNSnROSES.com/contests to enter.

#getonthenightrain

Nightrain, the official Guns N’ Roses Fan Club, is back in action and better than ever. On the Nightrain, you’ll find a close-knit community of fellow rock-n-roll fanatics and the perfect platform to discuss all things GNR.

As a member of Nightrain 2015, you gain:
+ Access to Members Only Forums, Blogs, and Photo Galleries
+ Access to Monthly Fan-Club Perks*
+ Access to Concert Ticket Pre-sales and VIP Packages**
+ A Place to Connect with other Nightrain members

Head over to the Nightrain store and get your membership today!

*In many instances, members must manually opt-in to contests and giveaways; prizes not guaranteed.

**Concert ticket pre-sales and VIP packages are not available for all tour dates. When available, tickets or packages are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. When a code is needed for a pre-sale, it will be posted in your Account Dashboard up to 10minutes prior to that pre-sale.

Full disclosure: Beta was given advanced notice regarding the changes (turning the forum into a non-profit entity and launching the members lounge where bettering the fan experience, and not making money off of fans while providing little in return, are the main priority) we would be making at MYGNRFORUM.

Not saying that this is a response to the changes being made here, but I find the timing very convenient.

• Like 3

Full disclosure: Beta was given advanced notice regarding the changes (turning the forum into a non-profit entity and launching the members lounge where bettering the fan experience, and not making money off of fans while providing little in return, are the main priority) we would be making at MYGNRFORUM.

Not saying that this is a response to the changes being made here, but I find the timing very convenient.

I wanted to ask you a question, why do you have to inform everything what you do with the forum to Beta or Fernando?

As Axl has the right to the name Guns N' Roses does he also has the right to shut down all the GNR fan forums?

As a member of Nightrain 2015, you gain:+ Access to Members Only Forums, Blogs, and Photo Galleries+ Access to Monthly Fan-Club Perks*+ Access to Concert Ticket Pre-sales and VIP Packages**+ A Place to Connect with other Nightrain members

1. Paying for deserted and/of heavily moderated forums with no freedom of speech making them nowhere near as good as the FREE and NON-PROFIT best GnR forum in the world.2. Such as getting a towel in or a signed piece of plastic somewhere mid 2019.3. Implying GnR is still capable of selling out venues within minutes. Really, there's NO need for any of this.4. This is a repeat of #1, which was dumb to begin with.I honestly don't understand why anybody would pay money for this scam.

I joined. I honestly thought I had a decent chance at winning the signed poster. I already have the deluxe AFD so I don't think I'll enter the new contest. If they had a contest where some winners could meet Axl I think they'd have a decent number of new memberships sold.

• Like 1

Why would anybody pay to join that fan club?

Show unreleased concert footage, feature unreleased music, show bits and pieces of the Illusions backstage footage, have band members answer/respond to fan questions, have band members do QnA sessions on a monthly basis.........then I might join.

• Like 1

As a member of Nightrain 2015, you gain:

+ Access to Members Only Forums, Blogs, and Photo Galleries

+ Access to Monthly Fan-Club Perks*

+ Access to Concert Ticket Pre-sales and VIP Packages**

+ A Place to Connect with other Nightrain members

1. Paying for deserted and/of heavily moderated forums with no freedom of speech making them nowhere near as good as the FREE and NON-PROFIT best GnR forum in the world.

2. Such as getting a towel in or a signed piece of plastic somewhere mid 2019.

3. Implying GnR is still capable of selling out venues within minutes. Really, there's NO need for any of this.

4. This is a repeat of #1, which was dumb to begin with.

I honestly don't understand why anybody would pay money for this scam.

Thank you.

lol Axl's band

Show unreleased concert footage, feature unreleased music, show bits and pieces of the Illusions backstage footage, have band members answer/respond to fan questions, have band members do QnA sessions on a monthly basis.........then I might join.

They had memberships for as low as $10. For me it's worth that just for the chance that they do anything that you mentioned.

They had memberships for as low as $10. For me it's worth that just for the chance that they do anything that you mentioned.

Oh, man. So young and naive.

I had watched a few parts of the Dizzy Live chat and it really seemed boring, btw did anyone ask him questions about Slash? or they were not allowed to ask questions about Former members?

I wanted to ask you a question, why do you have to inform everything what you do with the forum to Beta or Fernando?

As Axl has the right to the name Guns N' Roses does he also has the right to shut down all the GNR fan forums?

I didn't have to inform anyone of anything. When I purchased the forum from Subs, he introduced me to Beta where I provided her with information about myself and my plans for the forum. Legally, i was under no obligation to provide her, Axl, or the band with anything; just extending the courtesy as the new owner.

Guns N' Roses is owned by Axl Rose, but there's something called the fair use doctrine. Anyone can used a trademark or copyright material so long as it is limited to commentary, criticisms, news reporting, discussion, parody, research, scholarship and others. Each country has its own fair use laws, but most adhere to these basic conditions.

So no, Axl could not shut down any website legally unless that website was selling and transmitting copyrighted materials that he owns. That is why we do not permit and do everything we can to prevent the sharing, selling, and distribution of any copyrighted materials, regardless of ownership.

• Like 1

I didn't have to inform anyone of anything. When I purchased the forum from Subs, he introduced me to Beta where I provided her with information about myself and my plans for the forum. Legally, i was under no obligation to provide her, Axl, or the band with anything; just extending the courtesy as the new owner.

Guns N' Roses is owned by Axl Rose, but there's something called the fair use doctrine. Anyone can used a trademark or copyright material so long as it is limited to commentary, criticisms, news reporting, discussion, parody, research, scholarship and others. Each country has its own fair use laws, but most adhere to these basic conditions.

So no, Axl could not shut down any website legally unless that website was selling and transmitting copyrighted materials that he owns. That is why we do not permit and do everything we can to prevent the sharing, selling, and distribution of any copyrighted materials, regardless of ownership.

Thanks for clarifying it, when you told Beta about your plans what you are going to do with the forum, what was her reaction? she said good, bad or do whatever the hell you want?

Yeah I agree about the timing of adding those things on the Nightrain forum, but well as a fan i would be here rather than there

Thanks for clarifying it, when you told Beta about your plans what you are going to do with the forum, what was her reaction? she said good, bad or do whatever the hell you want?

I'll be sure to let you know if and when I ever hear back :P

I'll be sure to let you know if and when I ever hear back :P

I think you should expect your forum strategies to be mimicked at every turn - with no official recognition that this is actually happening of course.

The difference is their greed will always fuck the thing in the end.

But wasn't Prince able to shutdown pretty much every fan website dedicated to him?

But wasn't Prince able to shutdown pretty much every fan website dedicated to him?

I'm fairly certain Prince fan sites still exist. Most of his lawsuits are baseless and likely only win out as a result of war of attrition. There is a legal case when a site provides a forum for unlawful distribution and selling of copyrighted material. But under the fair use doctrine, there is little basis for litigation over the use of a copyright name (such as Guns N' Roses) for the purposes of news reporting, discussion, criticisms. Otherwise, any artist could sue publications like Rolling Stone or Spin if and when such publications do something the artists do not like (i.e. give their latest album a bad review). I would imagine that such a lawsuit, filed on that basis, would be thrown out in US courts as the complaint, were it to be upheld, would violate a person's rights to free speech and expression.

Moreover, think how badly Prince came out in that transaction. Suing a fansite is no way to win any favours with your fans and the press. I suppose Axl/GNR could file a cease and desist order in regards to copyright images taken and commissioned by and for the band, but images taken by users are again, not liable as in most jurisdictions the person who takes the picture owns the rights to that picture.