Dividing Time

Słash

Hey Marc, I wanted to ask you that during the early days of GNR, how did you Divide your time between Canters Deli and working/hanging around with GNR?

I know photography is your passion, but Canters Deli is your family owned business, so dint your family members got mad at you that why are spending so much time with some "freaks" and not at your own business?

In 1983 when I was helping Slash out it did put a dent in my sleep because I would drive him to band practice and didn't get back until 3 am and had to be at work at 7 a.m. but not really so much with GNR because there were only a few shows a month and they practiced in the small studio where they lived. I did spend most of my money on things that the band needed to get to the next gig but what I did with my money was up to me not my family unless I was using my money on drugs which I didn't even do drugs.

No, the band didn't pay me back but I never asked them to. I did ask slash for the money he owed me separate from the band. It was in 1989 when I got Married. Money was a bit tight and we fell a bit short paying for the wedding photos.

However Axl invited us many times to gigs and flew us out and put us up in the hotels on his own dime. The band also gave us a gnr pinball machine. I guess in the end it doesn't matter the band was family

• Like 1