Roger Waters-Amused To Death: Remix/Remaster - 07/24/15

RussTCB

Cool, what are usually the most notable differences with these remixes/remasters? Love the new artwork. Do not agree with Waters that it surpasses every Floyd record except The Wall and Dark Side tho. Animals and Wish You Were Here are superior imo.

Cool, what are usually the most notable differences with these remixes/remasters? Love the new artwork. Do not agree with Waters that it surpasses every Floyd record except The Wall and Dark Side tho. Animals and Wish You Were Here are superior imo.

I honestly like ATD more than everything Floyd did. I love the new artwork too btw!

This particular remix/remaster should be pretty special in that James Guthrie did it. I'm assuming that it will have a cleaner sound overall. The original sounded great in it's own way, but there were some muddy parts where things got lost. I would assume James will fix that.

• Like 1

I can't say I ever had a problem with the old cover, but whatever, this one is cool too.

In real life, I've never met anybody else who has heard or knew of this album except one guy- in I think 95 or 96 I had just bought the CD and was sitting on a bench in the shopping center reading the booklet and this guy came up to me and said it was a great album and congratulated me on buying it :lol:

It's a really heavy album though, it's got some great stuff on it but a bit like The Final Cut it isn't exactly easy going.

Jeff Beck's playing on it is wonderful.

Three Wishes has always been one of my faves.

...In real life, I've never met anybody else who has heard or knew of this album except one guy- in I think 95 or 96 I had just bought the CD and was sitting on a bench in the shopping center reading the booklet and this guy came up to me and said it was a great album and congratulated me on buying it :lol:

Where did this happen, because it was probably me :lol:

...In real life, I've never met anybody else who has heard or knew of this album except one guy- in I think 95 or 96 I had just bought the CD and was sitting on a bench in the shopping center reading the booklet and this guy came up to me and said it was a great album and congratulated me on buying it :lol:

Wrong hemisphere :P

Anybody I played it for didn't like it either, and these would be people who liked Pink Floyd.

That's what I like about forums like this, full of audiophiles...as soon as I got a job I was straight onto hunting down discographies, I even tried to get into Syd's solo albums :facepalm:

Do you like Radio KAOS?

Wrong hemisphere :P

Anybody I played it for didn't like it either, and these would be people who liked Pink Floyd.

That's what I like about forums like this, full of audiophiles...as soon as I got a job I was straight onto hunting down discographies, I even tried to get into Syd's solo albums :facepalm:

Do you like Radio KAOS?

Love KAOS but that one took a long time to grow on me.

Love Pink Floyd, and particularly Waters, but have never been able to get into his solo albums. Pros And Cons warmed up to me after years (its just too much of Waters screaming and not enough music!), Radio KAOS totally lost me, and Amused was too long and rambling. I will say that Amused was the perfect balance, but just too long. It was not as storytelling, and the songs were better than KAOS and a bit more radio friendly. Some excellent tracks on there, obviously Perfect Sense. I actually think a lot of the tracks worked better live, with the ones he played on the In The Flesh tour making more of an impact on me than when I heard the record.

Maybe I'll give it a relisten. But yeah, Roger's solo stuff never truly resonated with me. But the person that had me listen to them LOVES them, so I guess its just different strokes.

I honestly like ATD more than everything Floyd did. I love the new artwork too btw!

This particular remix/remaster should be pretty special in that James Guthrie did it. I'm assuming that it will have a cleaner sound overall. The original sounded great in it's own way, but there were some muddy parts where things got lost. I would assume James will fix that.

Whoa...I love Amused to Death, but better than everything Floyd did?!

Actually now that I think about it, there seems to be a lot of people who like the Beatles solo work better than their albums as a band. I guess it's not that far-fetched.

Great news! This is probably one of the most underrated albums I know.

That said it's not better than the 4 great Floyd works. But it's still amazing.

When I first saw Rog' live in 2006 they played DSOTM in it's entirety. Now, I still firmly believe that's the best album ever made and it was amazing in every way. But the highlight for me of that concert was definitely Perfect Sense. It was that good.

Edited by username
  • Like 1

I hope he tours the album.

close-up-of-fingers-getting-smashed-unde

Andrew-Lloyd-Webber-on-the-piano.jpg

Cats! Jeff fucking Beck!

Well done on the It's A Miracle reference :D If I could like your post twice, I would.

Amazing album better than AMLOR, The Division Bell and Dave`s solo albums combined.

I've always said that I think Amused To Death, together with The Division Bell would be easily the greatest Floyd album of all time. TDB destroys aMLoR for a lot of reasons, but it's still not as good as ATD. However, TDB mostly focuses on lack of communication as it's theme, which factors into the ATD to an extent. If the 4 of them had worked on ATD, I think the resulting album would have been closer to ATD but would have included some of the best spots from TDB.

Jesus...............that's a LOT of abbreviations haha.

• Like 1

Back then, Roger taking 4 years to work on "Amused to Death" was seen as extremely long but not as long as "Ca Ira".

Yeah. I bought Ca Ira pretty much just because Roger wrote it, but I don't think I ever actually listened to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...