The Beach Boys

Daft Punk

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Michael Jackson

Elton John

I'm such a hipster.

Nobody puts baby in a corner

edit: best word filter EVA :headbang:

It's only made worse that it's a quote from what is basically the shit-rock of movies. Edited by bacardimayne

1. Led Zeppelin

2. Guns n' Roses

3. Van Halen

4. Jimi Hendrix

5. Tie- Pink Floyd and AC/DC

7. Aerosmith

8. John Lennon

9. The Beatles

10. Chuck Berry

Honerable Mention

Queen, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Doors, Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker, Michael Jackson, Prince, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Rage Against The Machine, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Billy Joel, The Rolling Stones, The Who

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

No order:

Guns N Roses

Kanye West

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Black Sabbath

The Beatles

The Beach Boys

Daft Punk

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Michael Jackson

Elton John

I'm such a hipster.

Nobody puts baby in a corner

edit: best word filter EVA :headbang:

It's only made worse that it's a quote from what is basically the shit-rock of movies.

What is it a filter for?

I have no idea how people make lists like this. There are way too many people that i rate equally high to be able to fit in ten. And also, like...take a genre, take rock music...now I'll have one of two bands in mind that i think are clearly above the rest but then everything else that i love i could probably put it like, on the same level. Like Iggy Pop and Johnny Thunders, how could i seperate the two and say ones better? Based on what? I enjoy em and I enjoy em both, what makes one bit of enjoyment more substantial than the other?

Or like...take Jazz, you got Bird, you got Coltrane, you got Theolonious Monk...they're all three of them fucking titans...how do i seperate em and say ones better than the other?

Soul music is even worse, it's just stuffed to the brim with amazing artists Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, Michael Jackson, James Brown, how do you seperate people when the level is that high, what puts Sam above Marv' or Marv' above Otis or James Brown above Sam? I can never quantify this stuff, i find it impossible as an idea, there comes a point where you are just 10 out 10 and there's hundreds of you, it's like an embarassment of riches, it's hard to seperate.

And the Blues, oh my God, the blues, Charley Patton, Robert Johnson, T Bone Walker, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Leadbelly, Mississippi John Hurt, Skip James, Blind Lemon Jefferson, on what basis do you seperate these immense talents?

I have no idea how people make lists like this. There are way too many people that i rate equally high to be able to fit in ten. And also, like...take a genre, take rock music...now I'll have one of two bands in mind that i think are clearly above the rest but then everything else that i love i could probably put it like, on the same level. Like Iggy Pop and Johnny Thunders, how could i seperate the two and say ones better? Based on what? I enjoy em and I enjoy em both, what makes one bit of enjoyment more substantial than the other?

Or like...take Jazz, you got Bird, you got Coltrane, you got Theolonious Monk...they're all three of them fucking titans...how do i seperate em and say ones better than the other?

Soul music is even worse, it's just stuffed to the brim with amazing artists Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, Michael Jackson, James Brown, how do you seperate people when the level is that high, what puts Sam above Marv' or Marv' above Otis or James Brown above Sam? I can never quantify this stuff, i find it impossible as an idea, there comes a point where you are just 10 out 10 and there's hundreds of you, it's like an embarassment of riches, it's hard to seperate.

And the Blues, oh my God, the blues, Charley Patton, Robert Johnson, T Bone Walker, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Leadbelly, Mississippi John Hurt, Skip James, Blind Lemon Jefferson, on what basis do you seperate these immense talents?

I just stuck to "hard rock".

• Like 1

Yeah, perhaps im taking it a little bit too much like ive just been empowered with partitioning India eh? :lol:

Come to think of it, the romantic frisson between Nehru and Lady MtBatton, chucking in Gandhi and your chap, Jinna, Does seem to resemble the experience of compiling an internet top 10.

• Like 1