What are you currently playing? Last game played?

As an old DooM fan, this is pretty much how I feel right now:

And to think that back in 2008 they rebooted the whole development because they felt like it was too much a Call Of DooM game. Ah... 'thesda, I just hope I will be able to finish the first level without game crashing or barfing at this monocromatic mess.​

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my pre-ordered Rise of the Tomb Raider today which included the GameStop exclusive bonus, whatever that was since I already forget. :lol:

The game looks unbelievable - I can't wait to dive into it.

I really enjoyed the first one but won't get a chance to play the follow up until I get around to buying an Xbox One.

Let us know how the game plays after a week or two.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up my pre-ordered Rise of the Tomb Raider today which included the GameStop exclusive bonus, whatever that was since I already forget. :lol:

The game looks unbelievable - I can't wait to dive into it.

I really enjoyed the first one but won't get a chance to play the follow up until I get around to buying an Xbox One.

Let us know how the game plays after a week or two.

A little past the week or two I suppose. :lol:

The game is absolutely phenomenal though. I haven't had as much time to play it as I would have liked just due to this being a busy month, but it's every bit as good as the first one and even better. The graphics are top notch and the story is fantastic. The mechanics and formula take what was established in the first one and improve it in every way. Combat feels a lot more satisfying and the bonuses are decent. I'll wait until I finish the story before I try out the extra modes and DLC stuff.

• Like 1

I played through Final Fantasy VII again, as good as ever. The PS4 version comes included with a couple of cheats though, which is probably why I made it all the way through again. That said, I think you should only be able to access them upon completion. I've played through it plenty of times, so it was pretty sweet running through Midgar in a couple hours streamlined the whole experience.

I played through Final Fantasy VII again, as good as ever. The PS4 version comes included with a couple of cheats though, which is probably why I made it all the way through again. That said, I think you should only be able to access them upon completion. I've played through it plenty of times, so it was pretty sweet running through Midgar in a couple hours streamlined the whole experience.

FFVII is the only FF game I didn't like, didn't even finish it. :shrugs:

blasphemy!

my favorite would be FF III/VI kefka was the best. i really like XII as well but FF has been hit or miss for a while.

blasphemy!

my favorite would be FF III/VI kefka was the best. i really like XII as well but FF has been hit or miss for a while.

It's the materia system I like so the most, by far the best magic system they've had in any game. I appreciate it's not the best one, but it is certainly my favourite. Helps that it was one of the very first games I ever had. I remember getting out of Midgar and seeing the World Map for the first time. "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!"

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to finishing Rise of the Tomb Raider. Those pricks even included an after credits scene. Now I just can't wait for the next game. Overall, I enjoyed the gameplay in this game a lot more. The world felt bigger and the side quests felt more worthwhile than the first game. There's still a few side missions and tombs I have yet to finish but I'll get to them. Near the end I was getting too into the story to continue interrupting the main game with the side stuff so I just went for it.

I finally got around to finishing Rise of the Tomb Raider. Those pricks even included an after credits scene. Now I just can't wait for the next game. Overall, I enjoyed the gameplay in this game a lot more. The world felt bigger and the side quests felt more worthwhile than the first game. There's still a few side missions and tombs I have yet to finish but I'll get to them. Near the end I was getting too into the story to continue interrupting the main game with the side stuff so I just went for it.

I'm looking forward to it when I play it on PS4 with all the add-ons included.

I'm looking forward to it when I play it on PS4 with all the add-ons included.

Right? That's what pisses me off about this "timed exclusive" stuff. The version that arrives on PS4 will likely have all the extras included in the base price. A "complete edition" or whatever. Pricks!

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Bioshock 2 and the Minerva's Den DLC.

Both were quite excellent.

I really hope Bioshock 3 will be in a new setting when it comes out, though.

I was playing Bioshock 2. Isn't Infinite Bioshock 3?

I enjoyed Dishonored. Worth checking out.