What are you currently playing? Last game played?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm still going through my NG+ playthrough of The Witcher 3. I'm also playing F1 2016 and Transformers Devastation.

Just waiting on Mass Effect and Yooka-Laylee at this point. Then it'll be time for Sonic Mania. And then whatever else comes after. Pretty good Spring season for gaming.

I was in a bit of a PS2 mood so I decided to start the Grand Theft Auto trilogy from scratch. I'm about halfway done GTA III. God, what terrible driving and shooting mechanics. It's almost unplayable by modern standards and the missions border on a little too simple, but you know what? It's still a lot of fun. It was definitely revolutionary for 2001 and Rockstar's sense of humour fills it with some mindless joy. I'm eager to get onto Vice City and San Andreas but I'll finish this up first.

On 2/8/2017 at 4:40 PM, James Bond said:

I was in a bit of a PS2 mood so I decided to start the Grand Theft Auto trilogy from scratch. I'm about halfway done GTA III. God, what terrible driving and shooting mechanics. It's almost unplayable by modern standards and the missions border on a little too simple, but you know what? It's still a lot of fun. It was definitely revolutionary for 2001 and Rockstar's sense of humour fills it with some mindless joy. I'm eager to get onto Vice City and San Andreas but I'll finish this up first.

I've been playing the shit out of San Andreas lately. What a masterpiece.

Also bought Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for PS2. God DAMMIT Alpha 3 is hard.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

What do you find terrible about the driving? The shooting I will agree wholeheartedly, especially in GTA III. 

When I replayed III last year I was surprised some of the missions were much easier than I remember. I failed Espresso 2 Go about 10 times back in the day. Maybe it's because I know how to do the mission or maybe they made the stands easier to destroy. I dunno. 

I find it unresponsive. Everything feels like it's moving in slow motion, especially the turns. The smallest of cars handles like the bus. I almost need to use that better handling cheat. :lol:

10 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Finally started it 2 weeks ago myself. Got to Irithyll of the Boreal Valley just the other night. Man, I thought the Smoldering Lake sucked, but this place is even worse!

In just one day? Wow. What class?

Edited by nikosgnr

Just now, nikosgnr said:

In just one day? Wow. What class?

Nooo, I started the game two weeks ago. Been playing it on and off since then. Took me 3 days of stupid frustration to get through Smoldering Lake (and I have to go back to get one or two things actually, and one of the "side" quests didn't go as planned in my game so that sucks) and I just got to IotBV but this area is annoying as fuck, so I've taken a few days off :lol:

I started out with the Merc class but wish I would have done something else so my stats could be more where I'd like them to be. I'm building a strength class and am currently using a +4 Giant Machete with 32 Strength. Trying to get my Strength to 40 so I can use the Fume Ultra Greatsword two-handed (takes 50 to use one handed).

Have you beaten it yet, or where are you at?

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

Nooo, I started the game two weeks ago. Been playing it on and off since then. Took me 3 days of stupid frustration to get through Smoldering Lake (and I have to go back to get one or two things actually, and one of the "side" quests didn't go as planned in my game so that sucks) and I just got to IotBV but this area is annoying as fuck, so I've taken a few days off :lol:

I started out with the Merc class but wish I would have done something else so my stats could be more where I'd like them to be. I'm building a strength class and am currently using a +4 Giant Machete with 32 Strength. Trying to get my Strength to 40 so I can use the Fume Ultra Greatsword two-handed (takes 50 to use one handed).

Have you beaten it yet, or where are you at?

Oh I see. Unfortunately I left it on Road of Sacrifices and gave it to a friend to play.

I'll have it back soon I guess to explore everything else. Add me on PS if you like..!

Edited by nikosgnr

• 3 weeks later...

Had to sell Watchdogs 2; I was forcing myself to play it. That went with the latest COD - only managed 5 minutes of the multiplayer with that - got £32 which will either go on Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghost Recon Wildlands or Mass Effect Andromeda. Got Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY to tide me over until I decide.

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

I felt that way with Fallout 4. It was like work lol.

The next 2 games I have on my radar are Resident Evil 7 and Mass Effect Andromeda which I am cautiously optimistic about but I also feel like they could fuck Andromeda up. I wasn't that impressed at all with any of the trailers so far, just seems a bit flat I dunno.

I was also disappointed with fallout 4; I loved fallout 3 but only did one play through of 4 and gave up halfway through the Far Harbour DLC.

I can appreciate the reservations about ME, the game changed so much during the trilogy and was pretty much a shooter with RPG elements by the third game. I'll be keeping an eye on reviews and will watch some youtube videos before I commit.

Dragon Age Inquisition is dull as fuck; I have had more fun waiting for a bus. Glad I only wasted 12 quid on it, I bought it based on playing a demo of DA2 way back when, but the combat is lame and the story is forgettable. Real shame because it looked like a sure thing a few days ago. 

Edited by SoundOfAGun