What are you currently playing? Last game played?

Haven't played a game all the way through since RDR2 in 2018.

Capcom released one of my all time favourite games of Mac OSX last week (and strangely launched it at 50 percent off), so I picked up Resident Evil 4.

I have a fairly stacked MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 96 GB RAM, 2 TB SD) that I use for work, so I've been curious how it would handle graphically challenging games.  The visuals of the RE4 remake have been astounding.  I've been able to turn everything up to max and run it at 4K 60fps with hardly any dropped frames (though, it's the first time I've ever heard the fans run on my laptop). 

The game itself has been a lot of fun.  It's likely been almost 17-18 years since I last played the original on my GameCube.  There's so much of the story that I've forgotten.  The Villa scene at the end of Chapter 5 is intense.  I'm kind of surprised I had forgotten all about this part of the game.  I'm just starting Chapter 6 and looking forward to going back after I beat it to collect all the missing treasure I missed.

title.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gone back to Sekiro in the last couple of weeks. I've been trying to beat the same boss on and off for about 3 years now and thought I'd really have a go at it. I've put about 15 hours into the bastard since mid Feb and I still can't get past him but I've been dying with a little more dignity at least. :D 

I’ve got about 4 or 5 new games – bought or even already downloaded – waiting for me, including gems like RDR2. And where am I instead, for about a thousandth time? That’s right, I’m messing around in the Harran slums, as the right maniac that I am. 
Dying Light 1 
This game is so unique, I can’t get enough of it.