What are you currently playing? Last game played?

My father-in-law gave us his Xbox360 so we can watch Netflix on the tv. I decided to buy Call of Duty 2 for 8 bucks. Fucking can't get passed the silo level when you have to take out mortar teams with a sniper rifle.

I'm pretty sure I remember that. It's a Springfield right?

Well yeah, I threw it away in favor of the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine, then threw away the M1 Carbine in favor of the Thompson. I think I had to use a German sniper rifle. I suck at sniper rifles because I hate the scope and the fact you have to fuck with the sticks to hold your breath. Fuck that shit.

That was the first game I ever got for PS2. Great memories.

That was Frontline, right? Where they made Omaha Beach the first level. On the PC version it was about halfway through, I remember the night I got it me and a mate stayed up all night until we got to the Omaha Beach level. I borrowed the Spearhead expansion pack from a friend, some pretty cool weapons in that like the Gewehergranate (rifle where you could stick a grenade on the end of it and use it as a primitive RPG).

That was Frontline, right? Where they made Omaha Beach the first level. On the PC version it was about halfway through, I remember the night I got it me and a mate stayed up all night until we got to the Omaha Beach level. I borrowed the Spearhead expansion pack from a friend, some pretty cool weapons in that like the Gewehergranate (rifle where you could stick a grenade on the end of it and use it as a primitive RPG).

Yeah I guess you're right..... looks like there wasn't a PS version of AA. Memory is weird, lol.

Omaha Beach was definitely the first level, I remember than much. The grenade launcher thing sounds familiar, but it's been a while...... a few years ago I replayed COD: Big Red One just for fun, this thread is making me want to do Front Line again.

Yeah I guess you're right..... looks like there wasn't a PS version of AA. Memory is weird, lol.

Omaha Beach was definitely the first level, I remember than much. The grenade launcher thing sounds familiar, but it's been a while...... a few years ago I replayed COD: Big Red One just for fun, this thread is making me want to do Front Line again.

You can get Allied Assault and the expansion packs on the Humble Bundle this week, was a bit tempted because the Bundle includes Mass Effect 2 but I'm holding out for a remastered version of the original trilogy to play the games: https://www.humblebundle.com/

I managed to get the Playstation Now Beta in the UK so running through Arkham City, great game. I wouldn't pay the prices PS Now are charging though, but if it drops or something I'd definitely consider it. I'm more interested in PSX and PS2 games though.

allied assault is just a great game.

been playing planetside 2 and pillars of eternity of late.

I managed to get the Playstation Now Beta in the UK so running through Arkham City, great game. I wouldn't pay the prices PS Now are charging though, but if it drops or something I'd definitely consider it. I'm more interested in PSX and PS2 games though.

I'm probably in the minority here but for me Arkham City wasn't a patch on Arkham Asylum. Still a great game though.

Just finished Tomb Raider myself the other day on my 360. Now I'm not sure what game to play next (I have around 20 games sitting on my hard drive). Might finally get around to playing Bioshock Infinity which I purchased almost two years ago. Also have the entire Gears of War series to play through (thinking of starting with the prequel and the working my way through the trilogy). Then there's Assassin's Creed II and IV, Crackdown, Sleeping Dogs, Rainbox Six: Vegas, Hitman: Absolution, Saints Row: The Third, Dark Souls, Dishonoured, Halo: Reach, Battlefied: Bad Company 2, Darksiders 2, Witcher 2, Army of Two, and State of Decay.

I have to still finish The Last of Us on my PS3.

Going to be a long while before I feel the need to upgrade to an Xbox one or PS4.

Just finished Tomb Raider myself the other day on my 360. Now I'm not sure what game to play next (I have around 20 games sitting on my hard drive). Might finally get around to playing Bioshock Infinity which I purchased almost two years ago. Also have the entire Gears of War series to play through (thinking of starting with the prequel and the working my way through the trilogy). Then there's Assassin's Creed II and IV, Crackdown, Sleeping Dogs, Rainbox Six: Vegas, Hitman: Absolution, Saints Row: The Third, Dark Souls, Dishonoured, Halo: Reach, Battlefied: Bad Company 2, Darksiders 2, Witcher 2, Army of Two, and State of Decay.

Going to be a long while before I feel the need to upgrade to an Xbox one or PS4.

It's amazing how amazing Steam has become. A DRM cloud service that doesn't suck and has great sales and benefits (cloud saves, play on multiple platforms, achievements, etc.). I remember when it first launched hearing what a piece of shit it was and how people were worried that this was the future of gaming. It really has made PC gaming so much more attractive than console gaming.

It's amazing how amazing Steam has become. A DRM cloud service that doesn't suck and has great sales and benefits (cloud saves, play on multiple platforms, achievements, etc.). I remember when it first launched hearing what a piece of shit it was and how people were worried that this was the future of gaming. It really has made PC gaming so much more attractive than console gaming.

I use to be a huge PC gamer back in the 90s but have returned to console gaming. As such, I've never bothered with Steam. Most of the games I listed above are from the Games with Gold monthly giveaways (plus I couple that I purchased through Xbox Live).

I loved PC gaming in the 90s because there was a distinct difference between the kinds of games, levels of control, and graphical output between console and PC gaming. I remember the days when all gaming was done on DOS, and took a considerable bit of memory management through editing autoexec.bat and config.sys files to get games to run. Have never really enjoyed FPSs on a console as the mouse and keyboard control scheme on a PC was, for me, significantly better. And during the 90s, the only place to play great sports and simulation games was on a PC. Games produced by EA Sports during the 90s looked light-years ahead on a PC versus their console counterparts.

Nowadays, people boast about the current graphical differences between PC gaming and console gaming but the difference was far more dramatic back in the 90s when graphical improvements jumped dramatically year over year. I remember in the mid to late 90s when I bought an 3d-processing add-on card for my PC (it was in addition to my graphical card) that pushed things well above what any console could do. Forget about resolution or frame rate differences, I'm talking about the ability to render 3d objections on the fly and the added ability of texture mapping that were far beyond what consoles could do at the time. A buddy of mine is all about PC gaming now and so I've seen what they can do now, but I just don't think there's enough there to justify me spending $700-$1000 on a dedicated gaming system. While I know you can output PC visuals to a television, I don't really see the point since my LED television only does 1080p and the high resolution graphics produced by a PC would be lost at that point.

I think PC gaming is highly associated with the hobby nature of PCs. People seem to enjoy the craft of building their PCs just as much as they enjoy playing the games. I use to be like that, but now my tinkering is limited to photography/camera gear, playing piano, and I guess this forum.

The other big reason why I left PC gaming is the fact that I was always having to format the computer as a result of viruses/malware. I bought a top of the line Dell laptop in 2006 and by 2008 I had reformatted the hard drive five times. I then bought a MacBook Pro and never looked back. I don't see myself ever returning to the PC world as a result. The issue now is that Macs do not receive much attention from game designers, so another reason why I fell back with consoles. I'm currently using a beast of an iMac 27" machine that I'm sure would blow my xbox 360 away in terms of graphical performance, but again, I'd rather sit on my couch and play on my 46" television screen. The other thing is that the few games that are released on OS X hardly ever seem to go on sale, or when they do, I've already played them on my 360.

I'm on a Mac (2012 MacBook Pro Retina, so prob nowhere near as powerful as your iMac) as well, and until a week or 2 ago most games I wanted were on OS X on Steam (Valve games, Bioshock, Deus Ex). I installed Windows 7 via Boot Camp recently to play a few Windows only games, but I still mostly game on OS X (and my Dreamcast :P ). The Steam sales are really good, you should keep an eye out on them, also GOG.com and HumbleBundle.com. The new consoles aren't offering anything that I really want to play, apart from the Wii U games which look like they'd be a lot of fun in multiplayer (Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Splatoons). With Sony it's just the Naughty Dog games I want to play (Uncharted and Last of Us) and maybe some of the classics on PS Now.

I'm probably in the minority here but for me Arkham City wasn't a patch on Arkham Asylum. Still a great game though.

I think they improved the gameplay with a lot of little things, but I'd tend to agree with you. That said, Arkham City has a much better ending than Arkham Asylum, and one of the best endings of any game (along with Red Dead Redemption and Metal Gear Solid 3). I think they're both fantastic games and I get the impression Arkahm Knight is going to make it one of the best trilogies released. I just ordered Arkham Origins for a few quid as well actually, I was never going to pay full price for what is fairly obviously a cash-in but I like the gameplay and the formula, and I've heard good things. I don't really consider it part of the series though.

Hero's Quest: So you want to be a hero?

I used to play this at school in the "computer lab". I googled it, found screen shots and found out it's name. Yesterday I downloaded dosbox and have been messing around with the game. No idea what I'm doing, but I'm psyched to be playing it again.