Anybody listening to Scott Weiland's new album Blaster?

Carlos Castaneda

So far I rank it below 12 Bar Blues and Happy In Galoshes. I like how for Happy ,he did that Best Buy deluxe edition with the extra disc of songs. In the new Rolling Stone he mentions how he won't play certain STP songs with The Wildabouts like Plush or ILS. He refers to those as holy grail songs. I guess he's saving them for the inevitable STP reunion someday.

So far I rank it below 12 Bar Blues and Happy In Galoshes. I like how for Happy ,he did that Best Buy deluxe edition with the extra disc of songs. In the new Rolling Stone he mentions how he won't play certain STP songs with The Wildabouts like Plush or ILS. He refers to those as holy grail songs. I guess he's saving them for the inevitable STP reunion someday.

Actually he did do Interstate at the Niagara Falls gig in 2013, but that was also back when the set was mostly STP songs - now it's more of an even split. But I think it's right for him not to do Plush solo, it's the one STP song I think really needs all four original members to sound right. STP & Chester weren't doing it for a while either, but I guess they started playing it sometime last year.

Actually he did do Interstate at the Niagara Falls gig in 2013, but that was also back when the set was mostly STP songs - now it's more of an even split. But I think it's right for him not to do Plush solo, it's the one STP song I think really needs all four original members to sound right. STP & Chester weren't doing it for a while either, but I guess they started playing it sometime last year.

I think that was the Purple at the Core tour. When it was originally announced it was billed by promoters in ads as Weiland playing all of Purple and Core. I knew that would never happen since he doesn't play long solo shows. I won't go see him again unless he mixes in a few songs from 12 Bar Blues and Happy In Galoshes. These current shows with half of the new album and random STP hits just isn't worth it for me to see.

I think that was the Purple at the Core tour. When it was originally announced it was billed by promoters in ads as Weiland playing all of Purple and Core. I knew that would never happen since he doesn't play long solo shows. I won't go see him again unless he mixes in a few songs from 12 Bar Blues and Happy In Galoshes. These current shows with half of the new album and random STP hits just isn't worth it for me to see.

Im with you man. His shows are too short. I won't go out of my way unless he expands his set list which he won't. Even STP shows are short. whatever i suppose. I love the guy though

Did you guys read that "news" item about Weiland being a dick to fans who paid $150 to meet him a few weeks ago? I can't imagine paying that to meet anyone but at least he apologized for it later on Facebook.

Matthew:
I did the meet and greet as well and he said “let’s suck a dick!” to me and that was it. Over and done in 10 seconds. He was definitely drunk and ready to get outta there. I was about as drunk as he was so I didn’t really feel disappointed until looking back today. It’s funny, but also disappointing. Overall though I met some cool people and had a blast before and after the show. Thats what really counts.

http://www.alternativenation.net/fans-disgusted-disappointed-scott-weiland-meet-and-greet/

My encounters with Weiland went a little better. This is from the Family Values Tour, 2001 I think where Linkin Park played before STP. I brought a sign that said "CAN I SING CREEP WITH YOU?" and it worked. The part of the sign visible in this pic said "STILL REMAINS" which is my favorite STP song.

407993_10150580288782456_1961785166_n.jp

This next pic is from after an STP show in 2011. He wasn't every eager to stop but he did. Having a Guns N'Roses hat and a Velvet Revolver t-shirt on probably didn't help my cause.

304086_10150366305327456_557296541_n.jpg

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1