The Onion in the GNR break-up

Despite Guns N Roses enormous critical and commercial success, things had grown troubled for the band behind the scenes. Singer Axl Rose had begun casting three shadows, and guitarist Slash had begun casting four shadows just to outdo him. Each day, Rose and Slash would show up to rehearsal casting more and more shadows as each attempted to assert his dominance as the shadow king. This rivalry came to a head when both Rose and Slash showed up with 50 shadows each. Unable to continue in the wake of what they had witnessed, the band broke up the next day.

http://www.clickhole.com/article/why-these-8-famous-bands-broke-2231?utm_campaign=default&utm_medium=ShareTools&utm_source=facebook

If only they'd have known that less than 20 years later both of them had eaten enough on their own to cast 1 shadow large enough to encompass all of those other shadows, this whole damn mess could probably have been avoided.

Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 2

The band never broke up though. As a member left a new member replaced them. There was no point when there was no band at all.

That's the thing that bugs me about people saying Axl shouldn't have the GnR name.... There was never a point when everyone left at once. They all left gradually and got replaced. At what point should Axl have said "We're done". People say when Slash left, but I don't think Slash was a big influence of GnR.... I think Izzy was the most influential member besides Axl, would you rather GnR have broken up in 1991?

I always viewed GnR as Axl's band... Even before the new band. Axl started the band, Axl was the one that wrote most the songs, and Axl was the bad guy who made GnR dangerous.

• Like 1

The band never broke up though. As a member left a new member replaced them. There was no point when there was no band at all.

That's the thing that bugs me about people saying Axl shouldn't have the GnR name.... There was never a point when everyone left at once. They all left gradually and got replaced. At what point should Axl have said "We're done". People say when Slash left, but I don't think Slash was a big influence of GnR.... I think Izzy was the most influential member besides Axl, would you rather GnR have broken up in 1991?

I always viewed GnR as Axl's band... Even before the new band. Axl started the band, Axl was the one that wrote most the songs, and Axl was the bad guy who made GnR dangerous.

Well of course you would, because thats what Axl fans think. Sorry, but that was never true. Axl was not the singular one that made GNR dangerous. They were all dangerous in their own way. Slash and Duff showing up drunk to the AMA awards and cursing on live television being one example that springs to mind. And the only reason everyone left gradually until Axl was the only one was because Axl was a dictator that made it impossible to be part of a band. Everyone left Guns N Roses, thus the band broke up, and became the Axl Rose band.

• Like 1

Well of course you would, because thats what Axl fans think. Sorry, but that was never true. Axl was not the singular one that made GNR dangerous. They were all dangerous in their own way. Slash and Duff showing up drunk to the AMA awards and cursing on live television being one example that springs to mind. And the only reason everyone left gradually until Axl was the only one was because Axl was a dictator that made it impossible to be part of a band. Everyone left Guns N Roses, thus the band broke up, and became the Axl Rose band.

:lol: Getting drunk and swearing like an asshat is dangerous now? I must be one of the most dangerous people on the planet.

• Like 2

:lol: Getting drunk and swearing like an asshat is dangerous now? I must be one of the most dangerous people on the planet.

I'll eat you for breakfast. Then you can down pray.

I'll eat you for breakfast. Then you can down pray.

Don't blame me when you choke.

I know a lot of drunk people... They must be dangerous too!

Maybe we can get a bunch of drunks together and start a band. It must be dangerous when they're all on stage falling down drunk, they might sprain their ankle!

Forget the people who cause riots and jump into the audience to beat people, they're wimps. They're not going to cause any harm, they might get the venue destroyed or get a few people killed and injured, but that's NOTHING compared to a sprained ankle by a band member.

• Like 1

Maybe we can get a bunch of drunks together and start a band. It must be dangerous when they're all on stage falling down drunk, they might sprain their ankle!

Forget the people who cause riots and jump into the audience to beat people, they're wimps. They're not going to cause any harm, they might get the venue destroyed or get a few people killed and injured, but that's NOTHING compared to a sprained ankle by a band member.

Have you guys picked out your wedding china yet?

Have you guys picked out your wedding china yet?

Clearly you don't understand the fucking danger you're in talking shit to us like that. Look at that, I'm swearing like a motherfucking sailor. Fucking dangerous!

Edited by Damn_Smooth