Meeting Band Members

Słash

Now as everyone is busy with their life, Slash is busy in touring, you are busy handling your deli, so when Slash is not touring, how often you meet him?

When and where was the last time you met the following people

Slash

Duff

Izzy

Steven

Axl

Buckethead

Robin Fink

DJ Ashba

Ron Bumblefoot Thal

Erin Everly

Tom Zutat

Vicky Hamilton

Robert John

Flea

Adriana Smith

Michelle Young

Barbie Von Grief

• Like 1

what does Flea have to do with GNR??

other than being in the same school with Slash?

ok, I wouldn't label as GNR any of the post 1993 members either, but ok.

btw, why are all those ppl incl Ron, Robin, Bucket, Ashba on the list but Matt and Gilby aren't?

Well ask him then!

Marc, when was the last time you saw Matt, Gilby and Dizzy?

Marc,

Thanks for taking the time to respond and being so forthcoming. I was wondering if you ever met Ole Beich or Rob Gardner and if so when was the last time you spoke/saw them?

I met Ole back in 1984 and that was the last time I saw him. I know he passed away many years ago.

btw, why are all those ppl incl Ron, Robin, Bucket, Ashba on the list but Matt and Gilby aren't?

Well ask him then!

Matt I see around LA sometimes last time was 4 or 5 months ago. Gilby I saw at Slash's Hollywood Star event which was about a year ago or so. Dizzy was about 5 years ago. My son was jamming with some people that Dizzy also jammed with so we bumped into him that night at a small club on Pico and Robertson in LA

Edited by recklessroad

Well ask him then!

I kinda have a hunch Marc is not much attached to anyone after the 1984/85 era, therefore mentioning anyone from post that period is almost the same.

regardless was it a Gunner, till '93 era, or a cover band, post 2000.

nevertheless, what was Flea doing on the list of Gunners??

Edited by shotsfired cro

Marc, have you ever talked with Vicky about the fact she seems to think that she introduced Axl to Slash, at the Music Machine when Slash was in Black Sheep? Or would it be a dinner conversation killer?

I have talked to her about that. She is confused about that. The biggest problem with that is Slash was not in Blacksheep until May of 1985 and Slash only played one gig with them at the Country Club. Axl and Slash were in Hollywood Rose together a year before Slash even joined Blacksheep. The only thing that I can think of is that maybe she was at The Blacksheep gig at the Country Club when Axl and Izzy were there tring to get Slash to join back up with them just before the June 6th gig at the Troubadour. However Slash did know Vicky in 1984 while he was already in Hollywood Rose because they played a gig with Poision at the Troubadour and Matt Smith the Guitar player of Poision thought Slash was a killer guitar player and wanted Slash to take his place when Matt left to start a family. It could also be that Vicky was at the battle of the bands gig at Gazzarri's the night that Slash Steven and myself went to check out Hollywood Rose. It was after that gig that Slash and Axl met. Izzy and Slash already knew each other because Izzy was looking for the Aerosmith sketch that Slash did and walked into Hollywood Music which was a guitar store that Slash was working at and Izzy gave Slash a Rose demo and told him that they were looking for a guitar player. That is the whole reason we went to see Hollywood Rose that night. So maybe Vicky had something to do with booking that gig and introduced them somehow that night?

Edited by recklessroad

Marc, have you ever talked with Vicky about the fact she seems to think that she introduced Axl to Slash, at the Music Machine when Slash was in Black Sheep? Or would it be a dinner conversation killer?

I have talked to her about that. She is confused about that. The biggest problem with that is Slash was not in Blacksheep until May of 1985 and Slash only played one gig with them at the Country Club. Axl and Slash were in Hollywood Rose together a year before Slash even joined Blacksheep. The only thing that I can think of is that maybe she was at The Blacksheep gig at the Country Club when Axl and Izzy were there tring to get Slash to join back up with them just before the June 6th gig at the Troubadour. However Slash did know Vicky in 1984 while he was already in Hollywood Rose because they played a gig with Poision at the Troubadour and Matt Smith the Guitar player of Poision thought Slash was a killer guitar player and wanted Slash to take his place when Matt left to start a family. It could also be that Vicky was at the battle of the bands gig at Gazzarri's the night that Slash Steven and myself went to check out Hollywood Rose. It was after that gig that Slash and Axl met. Izzy and Slash already knew each other because Izzy was looking for the Aerosmith sketch that Slash did and walked into Hollywood Music which was a guitar store that Slash was working at and Izzy gave Slash a Rose demo and told him that they were looking for a guitar player. That is the whole reason we went to see Hollywood Rose that night. So maybe Vicky had something to do with booking that gig and introduced them somehow that night?

Sorry for the off topic, but have you recorded any Hollywood Rose gig? or gigs with the Tracii line up?