DJ Ashba - New Interview (Nothing happening)

At the end of the most recent Guns N’ Roses residency at the Joint, rumors abounded that Axl Rose had no plans for any further touring or recording with the current lineup of GNR.

But Ashba expects to return to the stage with Rose, saying, “I’ve got his back whenever he needs me. Ever since I joined GNR six years ago, it’s almost been nonstop touring. But we’ve kind of talked of more touring, and I’m looking at this more as a hiatus than the end.”

At the end of the most recent Guns N’ Roses residency at the Joint, rumors abounded that Axl Rose had no plans for any further touring or recording with the current lineup of GNR.

But Ashba expects to return to the stage with Rose, saying, “I’ve got his back whenever he needs me. Ever since I joined GNR six years ago, it’s almost been nonstop touring. But we’ve kind of talked of more touring, and I’m looking at this more as a hiatus than the end.”

that's some news right there.

GNR/AXL are on hiatus.

No touring this year. No releasing anything. No recording. Members leaving.

The plan seems to be to stay "present" on social media with no news of the band, becoming some sort of buzzfeed.

You know it's bad when DJ starts losing faith.

I see that as a great thing myself, DJ can get the fuck out of here.

I just wonder if it really is the end this time. Unless Axl woke from his food coma, realized DJ sucks and cut him out of the loop. We never know anything. There'll probably be another Vegas residency in a year, or a brief SA tour. Something like that. And I'll continue to care for some unknown reason.

Axl said he had two completed albums. Why sit on them for years?

I'm starting to wonder of the mythical GnR heavyweight songs maybe aren't as good as we all assumed. The General. Soulmonster. Checkmate. The one that was supposed to be Nov Rain meets disco or something like that.

Maybe what's complete are another round of Scraped and Rhiad and Silkworms.

You know it's bad when DJ starts losing faith.

I see that as a great thing myself, DJ can get the fuck out of here.

I just wonder if it really is the end this time. Unless Axl woke from his food coma, realized DJ sucks and cut him out of the loop. We never know anything. There'll probably be another Vegas residency in a year, or a brief SA tour. Something like that. And I'll continue to care for some unknown reason.

Something as useless as DJ causing the end would be the perfect ending to this nonsensical roller coaster ride. Fitting really.

• Like 1

I think it's sit around and wait for reunion time. Once Slash is done touring his album, I think a reunion will happen. When DJ says nothing is happening, that means it's over. If Axl had plans to keep up the New band, I think they would know something...

• Like 1

Axl said he had two completed albums. Why sit on them for years?

Because he wasn't entirely thruthful and knows a little bit more work is needed before he can let them go and simultaneously knows that "a little work" easily turns into 5 years of agony followed by 10 years of ridicule?

• Like 1

Can we have a Bumblefoot appreciation thread?

I think him leaving the band has caused Axl to take this break. A break is the only way that Axl will change his appearence and vocals. Maybe it will get worse but there's a chance it gets better during a long break like this.