Would Slash recognize Chinese Democracy if it was played instrumentally?

Mendez

Say that there was some interview and 'Better' was played starting after the end of the first solo where the riff where axl always gets pumped up (in concerts) starts (I hope you know where I'm talking about).

Would he recognize it or any other song if was an instrumental version?

Another (unrelated) question:

Have you heard this mashup of Slither & If The World?

What are your thoughts on it?

If Slash & Axl ever reunited, do you think either of them would be open to playing it live?

Edited by Mendez

Axl's melodies are so powerful that I think Slash would recognize some of those songs if he heard them again in that form. There is chemistry between Axl and Slash musically that if they were to work together again, it could be just as good as it once was. However its not just those 2 that made it work. It was a mix of all of them and even some of the people that were around them at that time that had an influence with what was going on at the time. One example would be someone like Barbi just hanging around with Axl could make a difference on the end result. Also keep in mind a lot of what was written for lyrics had a lot to do with what was going on in their lives at the time. Things are a lot different now in their daily routine.

Edited by recklessroad

Axl's melodies are so powerful that I think Slash would recognize some of those songs if he heard them again in that form. There is chemistry between Axl and Slash musically that if they were to work together again, it could be just as good as it once was. However its not just those 2 that made it work. It was a mix of all of them and even some of the people that were around them at that time that had an influence with what was going on at the time. One example would be someone like Barbi just hanging around with Axl could make a difference on the end result. Also keep in mind a lot of what was written for lyrics had a lot to do with what was going on in their lives at the time. Things are a lot different now in their daily routine.

On a somewhat related note, how often do you listen to Chinese Democracy? And the older material?