Would you be excited by a new band?

seagullview

If Axl retired Gn'R and started a new band how would you feel? Assuming they would release music would it be a breath of fresh air or would you prefer Guns to stay together? I'm not talking merely about a name change, but a new band with new members or even Axl solo. What about an Axl, Izzy and Duff acoustic trio lol.

I think at this point it would actually be cool to see a new band. They would be more free in choosing a different style of music and all the other burdens of the Guns name would be freed.

Not that it's ever going to happen and realistically the slow release of new music would be the same as now

I think a new band would have a chance for there music to be judged better by critics. Does that really matter? Not rly. Also they won't sell to many records or fill up stadiums. So best case scenario for a new Axl band (and anyone else minus slash) is to release a rly great record that gets critically acclaimed as really good and they do some badass shows.

Isn't that the case already? Axl and a rotating swag parade of musicians? With Bumble gone, I'm sure Axl will find a new guitar player to shred cause fuck knows Ashba can't do it, and no, Axl is not giving the shred up and Fortus can't really shred. It's beyond him. Not in the level of Bucket and Bumble at least.

Edited by Rovim

"Excited" is a word that should be forbidden to use when you discuss Axl's band.

Can I still listen to Chinese while being excited inside? if it will be forbidden to use positive words to express our satisfaction by Chinese in a Guns forum, anything will be possible. Great advice pete. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rovim

If Axl retired Gn'R and started a new band how would you feel? Assuming they would release music would it be a breath of fresh air or would you prefer Guns to stay together? I'm not talking merely about a name change, but a new band with new members or even Axl solo. What about an Axl, Izzy and Duff acoustic trio lol.

I think at this point it would actually be cool to see a new band. They would be more free in choosing a different style of music and all the other burdens of the Guns name would be freed.

Not that it's ever going to happen and realistically the slow release of new music would be the same as now

Excited by a new band, I was in 2001/2 and 2006 , more in the tour that started in 2009 I think it was Korea or Tokyo when gnr did the near 4 hour gig , not since then, you know what's happening or not happening more like it

Yeah. That'd be a nice choice. And I have thought of Duff and Izzy working with Axl. It would be like a Velvet Revolver backwards.

I wish there was room for both Duff and Tommy, cause I feel like Axl is ready to go for that and even wants to. But there isn't room.

As for Izzy, he's a good pal, but I just don't see them working together in the near future. Perhaps some day.

We have Down In The Ocean as the nearest possible potential release of an Axl/Izzy collaboration. If that's ever released and it's a great song, will people still not consider it Gn'R, or it will just be labeled as "almost Gn'R"? I think a lot about these things.

Yeah. That'd be a nice choice. And I have thought of Duff and Izzy working with Axl. It would be like a Velvet Revolver backwards.

I wish there was room for both Duff and Tommy, cause I feel like Axl is ready to go for that and even wants to. But there isn't room.

As for Izzy, he's a good pal, but I just don't see them working together in the near future. Perhaps some day.

We have Down In The Ocean as the nearest possible potential release of an Axl/Izzy collaboration. If that's ever released and it's a great song, will people still not consider it Gn'R, or it will just be labeled as "almost Gn'R"? I think a lot about these things.

I dont like Tommy, he's a drunk man. LOL.

Duff inclusion would strengthen the image of the current GNR. But I swear I have no clue what's gonna happen. At this point I'm so tired of thinking and I guess nothing will happen for a loooong time, really :/

I don't really care.

I just wish Axl would share his music with his millions of fans.

Only if it was drastically different and Axl didn't attempt to sing like his old self. Like, if he was doing the piano based stuff he talked about doing solo on here ages ago, that I'd be down with. But I'd just laugh if Axl started another rock band at this point.

"Excited" is a word that should be forbidden to use when you discuss Axl's band.

Can I still listen to Chinese while being excited inside? if it will be forbidden to use positive words to express our satisfaction by Chinese in a Guns forum, anything will be possible. Great advice pete. :thumbsup:

Pete?

Lol

On topic: I would love to see Axl go solo, but it's too late now...

almost too late for a new record, though

and definitely too late for a reunion so anybody who hopes for a reunion is a moron, imho

Edited by Strange Broue

A new band would open up potential and lose the GNR luggage. It might be a positive thing.

Releasing self titled GNR record with Dj gets me more wet.

Probably Axl in GNR is the best he can be and Slash and Izzy solo are the best they can be. Axl works best as the frontman of a big name band.

Edited by wasted

I don't really care.

Axl probably has a million fans worldwide?

Pete?

Lol

On topic: I would love to see Axl go solo, but it's too late now...

almost too late for a new record, though

and definitely too late for a reunion so anybody who hopes for a reunion is a moron, imho

Agreed about the reunion morons. I don't know about too late though. It's not like Gn'R is relevant in the eyes of the public. The fan base will always welcome new music. Even if it's released 10 years from now.

I don't really care.

This, I just want Axl to release some music. I don't care if it's called GNR or something else. Based on the past, I have high hopes that I'll like anything Axl puts out.