Scott Weiland Flyers Handed Out After STP Show Comparing Band To Journey Without Steve Perry

STPFAN

As long as they are pushing the band forward, I don't mind them moving on without Scott. I'm kind of interested to hear a whole album with Chester.

I wish Velvet Revolver could have stayed together longer.

Which they're not. When he joined he went on in interviews about how he could literally do any STP song at the drop of the hat since they were/are his favorite band. The DeLeos were busy saying that they can play more deep cuts and varied setlists because Scott was always the problem. So what do they do? Go out and play the same old shit with Chester instead of Scott. We're 2 years on from Chester joining STP and they've got a 5 song EP and precisely zero exciting setlists to show for that time.

If STP is going to be a nostalgia act, I'd rather see them with Scott.

It hasn't been that long. This is only their second tour with Chester and they are playing a lot of deep album cuts this time around, like "Pruno." I do think it's odd that they are only playing one song from High Rise though--"Out of Time." They are working on a new album though--so hopefully after it is released they will play their own material from STP version 2.0.
They did their first show with Chester on May 18, 2013. I haven't looked at the current setlists honestly, but all the dates in 2013 and 2014 were boring as fuck as far as the setlist goes.

EDIT: Just checked this year's setlist. It's better, but Pruno and Adheisive (Which is one of my favorite STP songs) aren't enough to make me want to see them with Chester yet.

i find it hard to support weiland these days without feeling guilty, like i'm supporting his downward spiral.

i know when richard patrick (frontman of filter) said something to this effect within the past couple weeks, weiland retaliated by saying he hasn't done heroin in 13 years. cool, bro. but you're an alcoholic with a huge pill addiction -- documented by a cover article he did for spin a few years ago, during the STP reunion, when he showed up hours late, piss drunk, pissed off the whole photography crew, and elaborated to the interviewer about his relapse with alcohol and pills. this is something he's clearly still struggling with. so when he says "i haven't stuck a needle in my arm in 13 years" he's doing that classic addict trick of only telling a partial truth.

his new album sucks, btw.

• Like 1