The Star Wars Battlefront Thread

Holy fucking shit nuts fucking awesome I can't wait $%^@@$%@^$&*@$&*(@$*&(@$&*(*(&@$(&*@$&*(@$

I've been very very excited for this since they announced it, being an avid BF player and someone who was severly disappointed when Battlefront 3 was cancelled years back. Really looking forward to seeing some gameplay/more info. Gonna pre order the second it's available, hope the release is stabler than BF4 and BF3. :lol:

Wtf only 360p though :S.

Edited by OmarBradley

Really not a fan of these "cinematic" trailers or "vertical slices of gameplay", I just want to see what the game will actually play like.

Still looking forward to it.

I like cinematics a lot, this wasn't exactly cinematic though - I mean sort of, but that is what the game looks like, it's actual shots from Frostbite 3.

And we were able to see a few cool new features, like that blaster shield, and the jetpack. Not to mention the ships towards the end, air combat looks good.

Really not a fan of these "cinematic" trailers or "vertical slices of gameplay", I just want to see what the game will actually play like.

I like cinematics a lot, this wasn't exactly cinematic though - I mean sort of, but that is what the game looks like, it's actual shots from Frostbite 3.

And we were able to see a few cool new features, like that blaster shield, and the jetpack. Not to mention the ships towards the end, air combat looks good.

Ever since the disparity between the E3 2003 Halo 2 trailer and the disappointing (but still good) final game, I've learnt to be wary of how representative preview trailers can be. I did get excited for Watch Dogs after its first trailer but by the 2nd trailer it was clear they had overhyped the game. Things like custom animations and scenarios (the rebels helping each other up, facing off against Vader) that I know won't appear in the game... I feel like they're just setting up for disappointment. I remember people going crazy for The Old Republic trailer, now that game is almost entirely forgotten.

Ever since the disparity between the E3 2003 Halo 2 trailer and the disappointing (but still good) final game, I've learnt to be wary of how representative preview trailers can be. I did get excited for Watch Dogs after its first trailer but by the 2nd trailer it was clear they had overhyped the game. Things like custom animations and scenarios (the rebels helping each other up, facing off against Vader) that I know won't appear in the game... I feel like they're just setting up for disappointment. I remember people going crazy for The Old Republic trailer, now that game is almost entirely forgotten.

Yeah I do get what you're saying, but Battlefield trailers have been this way since... well since the beginning of Battlefield pretty much. Is gameplay ever as nuts as the trailer? Usually, no. Is still quite good? Usually, yes. I doubt I will be disappointed the first time I load it up.

Huh, not sure how to feel about this. I was expecting a campaign for certain, and more than 4 maps.... but are the maps huge? I don't know, another article I read said the max players per server may be 40............... not high enough IMO if true.

I hope this is still great, but they're going to charge a fucking arm and leg for DLC.

Huh, not sure how to feel about this. I was expecting a campaign for certain, and more than 4 maps.... but are the maps huge? I don't know, another article I read said the max players per server may be 40............... not high enough IMO if true.

I hope this is still great, but they're going to charge a fucking arm and leg for DLC.

If people will pay for it, EA/Ubisoft/Capcom will charge for it.

Although space battles were the tits, I can live with them not being in. You'll probably find you can still do a "vehicles only" match or something in its place. I don't care about fewer planets assuming there's a few maps for each, but I the lack of a campaign is real shit.

EA made a mint with Titanfall and that was multiplayer only with barely any maps, then they charged an arm and a leg for DLC.

Honestly, if gamers are upset they should stop encouraging these practices by not buying these games, and instead lending support for developers and publishers who aren't trying to milk every last penny out of their customers.

If I can't play offline I'm not buying it, simple as. I enjoy online gaming as much as anyone else, in fact, Battlefront II was one of the first games I played online (at least on a console), but I've also gone for months without having internet access in my flat and I'll be damned if I'm having EA telling me when I can and can't play a game I've paid for. No thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus Christ, what does this game have?

No iron sights, no class system, 5 (two are deserts) planets (I don't care how many maps, 4 planets sucks), no space, no AT-ATs, no prequel content, no campaign, and only 40 players

"BUT OMG WE LURVE STAR WARS! LOOK! WE WASTED TIME VISITING LOCATIONS IN REAL LIFE FOR THE GRAPHICS!" -Dice and EA

Big fuckin' deal, who cares if everything is exactly like the movies in terms of details. I couldn't give a shit if they have the AT-ST's screws depicted perfectly. If that's where they put all their energy as opposed to content, fuck them.

Seriously, 40 players sucks too. Battlefield is 60+, Planetside is 1000+. There is no reason a game focused on large scale battles should only be 40 playes

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1