Slash's New Album - Conspirators III

Slash2baz

Slash2baz, you should ask Slash to set up like a guitar duel with Myles in their live shows -- like he does with Mark Tremonti!

Slash is so fun to watch interacting with other guitarists.... it'd be so cool ... and Myles can shred, man.

Edited by Ant

Slash2baz, you should ask Slash to set up like a guitar duel with Myles in their live shows -- like he does with Mark Tremonti!

Slash is so fun to watch interacting with other guitarists.... it'd be so cool ... and Myles can shred, man.

I like me the idea of a guitar duel between the combinations of Mark, Myles, and Slash, but here's a problem with that idea taking place during a Slash show. With Slash being the main draw of the band in the guitar front, it kinda seems a bit too counter-intuitive to have Myles show his guitar chops, like he would in AB, but him not playing guitar live is part of the thing, imo, that kinda restricts Myles as a live musician, in my eyes, which are really different than what people will see, with Slash/Conspirators compared to AB. Honestly, there's not really much they could do about it, based on how the show is designed. People are there to see Slash play guitar superbly, and everyone will be mesmerized by it, and see Myles sing. All there is to it.

Edited by Anguyen92

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing i can tell you is that Myles feels very comfortable playing with Slash, touring the world and so on. I assume he earns much money too !

There's definitely a kinship there and a chemistry. I have to think Myles gets something from Slash, Todd and Brent, that AB can't provide.

Slash2baz any new info ?

I heard Todd say that they had 3 new songs and 2-3 more ideas around.

About what ? :lol:

Nothing new since the last update. C'mon Slash is off the road, taking time with his family.

He works on his new movie.

Regarding the new album the band rehearsed before the King of Chaos gig 15 days ago but nothing more since then.

Slash went to the "Straight Outta Compton" premiere in .LA yesterday. He was with Meegan and her daughters but No Red Carpet. The girls just wanna take a pic with Snoop but that's it. Nothing really interesting musically speaking.

1.jpg

2.jpg

There's definitely a kinship there and a chemistry. I have to think Myles gets something from Slash, Todd and Brent, that AB can't provide.

True, I get that part, but you can say that when the roles are reversed. The thing is what he may get from Slash/Conspirators, that AB cannot provide, is something that kinda restricts Myles, in my eyes. I've seen from areas like the Download Festival Forum say things like Myles seems to have more fun with Slash/Conspirators than AB and he's more of a frontman because he's not playing guitar and standing still (something that people still give Myles flak for with Slash/Conspirators) and I get this negative shaky feeling in me when I read stuff like that.

People are looking for entertainers (something that guys like Axl possess and be damn appealing) that can give them a spectacle, nothing wrong with that. I just don't think Myles is that kind of guy, and I don't want him to be that kind of guy, but that's fine, because that's mainly the reason why he appeals to me. He's got a very real and honest, no prefab BS, non-pretentious aura that I love. He's the guy that I can relate to the most, along with Mark, and I feel like that sort of relatability shows more in AB than with Slash/Conspirators in my honest opinion.

That's all I got say for that post, but I had to get some of that tension out in manageable bits.

Still looking forward to what Slash/Myles/Conspirators bring though.

Edited by Anguyen92

True, I get that part, but you can say that when the roles are reversed. The thing is what he may get from Slash/Conspirators, that AB cannot provide, is something that kinda restricts Myles, in my eyes. I've seen from areas like the Download Festival Forum say things like Myles seems to have more fun with Slash/Conspirators than AB and he's more of a frontman because he's not playing guitar and standing still (something that people still give Myles flak for with Slash/Conspirators) and I get this negative shaky feeling in me when I read stuff like that.

People are looking for entertainers (something that guys like Axl possess and be damn appealing) that can give them a spectacle, nothing wrong with that. I just don't think Myles is that kind of guy, and I don't want him to be that kind of guy, but that's fine, because that's mainly the reason why he appeals to me. He's got a very real and honest, no prefab BS, non-pretentious aura that I love. He's the guy that I can relate to the most, along with Mark, and I feel like that sort of relatability shows more in AB than with Slash/Conspirators in my honest opinion.

That's all I got say for that post, but I had to get some of that tension out in manageable bits.

Still looking forward to what Slash/Myles/Conspirators bring though.

Pretty much nailed it

Nawww, no, no, no. It's got to be one or the other all the way. I honestly do not see or want to see Slash put Myles/Conspirators on the side for the reunion if he's willing to work so hard getting his solo band over that Myles got to inadvertently put AB on the side. Can't have it both ways, baby. Granted, if Slash does the impossible and the reunion happens, maybe Myles can tour on the backs of his solo album. I'd go to that.

Edited by Anguyen92

Reunion of Conspirators for sure ! Other reunion won't happen ;)

Pretty sure Conspirators will tour next year again that's why i'm kind of worried for AB fans :lol:

Myles hopes to tour to promote his new solo album so we'll see what will happen.

With you saying that, now I'm feeling worried as well. Now honestly, I have no problem with Alter Bridge taking another year off in 2016 if the following happens, A. Myles would invest a few months in 2016 touring his solo album in the usual markets (The big cities in US and Europe/UK) playing stuff from that solo album with a couple, not too many, Mayfield Four, AB, and Slash/Conspirators songs. B. AB would return fully touring in 2017 and really commit to hit all the areas in the world that Slash/Myles/Conspirators hit this year (which is a lot) and try to freshen up their setlists (I still want them to do a couple of "An Evening With" shows and document it for a live release) a little bit more to get a great balance of their 4 (at that time, soon to be, 5) albums.

Edited by Anguyen92

Trust me or not, i'd love to see AB live again. I hope Myles & Mark will take time to write some songs for the next AB album this year.
Honestly i think seeing Myles playing solo in small clubs is fn' exciting ! :headbang:

Damn 4 albums in 6 years for Slash ! :wow:

• Like 1

Slash2Baz.... You that sure no Slash and Axl reunion?

Personally, so far, my answer is yes. But i'll give you the "Slash answer": i don't see it happening in the near future but you never know. :lol:

Regarding the new album, you guys can check out the place where the band works on Slash's periscope : https://www.periscope.tv/w/aKEaaDQ2Njg3NzR8NjMwNTQxNDHqWrSnKvIt3L0-mHB6fYUS-arvTLhmIlqIIBNX5g05Xg==

Sorry to put some Alter bridge here but it helps to understand Slash's schedule with the new album.

This is from a Mark Tremonti interview http://www.alternativenation.net/interview-mark-tremonti/

What’s next for Alter Bridge?

I’m touring with Tremonti through the end of the year, and then the plan is to do an Alter Bridge record the first three months of next year. It always takes a few months to put out an album, mix and master it. That’s when we’ll split off again and Myles and I will go off and do our touring with Slash and Tremonti, and then come back together for a couple weeks of press before the Alter Bridge tour kicks off.

So new AB album in 2016 + new Slash album in 2016 + touring for both :headbang:

Edited by Slash2baz
  • Like 3

Hey Slash2baz, do you happen to know if Slash and Izzy are still cool? Just seems weird he and Slash haven't done anything the past five years. I mean Duff and Izzy have recorded stuff together recently, you'd think he could make a live appearance playing Mr. Brownstone or something...

I know I'm just probably paranoid in thinking they had a falling out of some sort, but do you happen to know anything from the inside?

Hey Slash2baz, do you happen to know if Slash and Izzy are still cool? Just seems weird he and Slash haven't done anything the past five years. I mean Duff and Izzy have recorded stuff together recently, you'd think he could make a live appearance playing Mr. Brownstone or something...

I know I'm just probably paranoid in thinking they had a falling out of some sort, but do you happen to know anything from the inside?

Don't worry about relation between Izzy & Slash it's all cool.

Here's an extract from a Q&A I did with him in 2013:

4/ When have you seen Izzy Stradlin' for the last time ?

Last time I saw Izzy I think was when he came & played on "Ghost". Ive been on the road since then. We text every so often though.

Funny pic of the guys in the studio yesterday

2015-08-18.jpg

Edited by Slash2baz