Slash's New Album - Conspirators III

Slash2baz

TBH I doub't there would be any GNR reunion soon, Slash is happy in what he is doing and Axl is happy in what he is doing.

Slash is working with Myles and the band and they are actually working pretty hard and are rehearsing and all, so I guess Slash's first priority will be the album with Myles and the gang.

Unless they announce differently, this is what's happening.

Glad he's enjoying his current project; he says those kind of things (it's his best band, the songs on the writing are amazing, ....) in every project he has - I'm a GN'R fan since 91 and have followed all of theirs solo projects ever since, including Slash's Snakepit, Blues Ball, VR,... I've been around for long, since the Dust N' Bones maillist, snakepit.org, HTGT gnrlive.com,,...

I just feel that Slash's best chance to have been comercially sucessfull as a solo artist was when he released the Slash & Friends album, taking the example of Santana's Supernatural just years before which was a tremendous sucess; unfortunatelly Slash didn't faced the same luck, but it was great anyway, just didn't catched people's attention so I feel that Slash's solo projects are destined to have this average success..

I pointed the obvious - the Myles & Conspirators project is still Slash's solo project and it's his money on the table, he's the boss (which he said to enjoy a lot instead of being just a member) and it'll be hard to become really sucessfull. It's all great but GN'R is still GN'R for him, still runs in his vains - that's why he's just covered the Perlita tatoo with a gun, crossing the rose ;)

I have no doubt that Slash is happy with this current project; all I say is that if the chance came up he would reunite with GN'R in a heartbeat.

I pointed the obvious - the Myles & Conspirators project is still Slash's solo project and it's his money on the table, he's the boss

Except that it's really not. All band members are involved in the creation of the songs in some way. He's even said the plan is to just go by The Conspirators at some point. Actually, it sounds to me that it's much like nugnr. He's the boss of a band. Does anyone question that nugnr is a band when it's really Axl and his employees? Doubt it.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
No further Gn'R discussion. Thanks.

Conspirators are getting bigger and bigger everytime they tour in Europe

Yeah, which sucks because they went from playing the awesome Brixton Academy in London to the sucky Wembley Arena :P At least in Paris they played at Zenith, those shows kicked so much ass!

Saw one more show at Wembley Arena, System of a Down, they were great but I'll avoid that venue in future if I can. Just felt so soulless. Seen Faith No More and Jane's Addiction at Brixton Academy and while I'm just a casual fan of those bands those gigs were amazing in large part to the atmosphere there.

I think that Slash's talent really shows is when he works as a band member instead of leader. That's why he sounded so great in GN'R and VR; the albuns wheren't just about Slash's playing guitar from the 1st second to the last, it had diversity - you could hear Izzy/Dave Kushner tones and licks to contrast real nicely with Slash's tone and playing, you heard keyboards / piano parts,... Slash's guitar playing real shines when there's diversity.

WOF had "too much" Slash in it; sometimes less is more.

I hope that for the new album he brings a rhythm guitar player to write and play on it and other musicians / instruments (piano / keys in particular) to make his guitar parts real cut the mix on the right moments, instead of being there all the time.

Of course this is just my subjective opinion.

I am a huge Slash fan.. I have every album/DVD he has released since leaving Guns and then some.. I never miss a tour.. I just agree that this project has run it's course and for me it is just Myles voice.. I have been sticking up for the guy the whole time on the forums and in the real world. I had the Roxy show in my car and my buddy that goes to all the shows with me just blurted out "I can't stand Myles Kennedy, he sounds like a whiny little bitch.. I just like to hear Slash rip". That may have been a bit harsh but I know other Guns fans that I tried to show Slash's solo stuff and they couldn't take his voice either. I am just being honest with myself now.. I don't like it either.. I mean he sounds good on some songs.. I think he sounds great on songs like Back From Cali, Bent To Fly and Anastasia but he just cannot sustain it for an entire album. I liked World On Fire and Listened to it for a month straight but it wasn't because of Myles. I'm done.. I will listen to the next one online before buying it and most likely just buy one or two songs on Itunes,

I'm in the same boat, if I was managing the Conspirators I'd issue a mandate to Myles to only write vocals in his low register - he's great down there but up high he sounds like a wasp stuck in a bottle.

I am a huge Slash fan.. I have every album/DVD he has released since leaving Guns and then some.. I never miss a tour.. I just agree that this project has run it's course and for me it is just Myles voice.. I have been sticking up for the guy the whole time on the forums and in the real world. I had the Roxy show in my car and my buddy that goes to all the shows with me just blurted out "I can't stand Myles Kennedy, he sounds like a whiny little bitch.. I just like to hear Slash rip". That may have been a bit harsh but I know other Guns fans that I tried to show Slash's solo stuff and they couldn't take his voice either. I am just being honest with myself now.. I don't like it either.. I mean he sounds good on some songs.. I think he sounds great on songs like Back From Cali, Bent To Fly and Anastasia but he just cannot sustain it for an entire album. I liked World On Fire and Listened to it for a month straight but it wasn't because of Myles. I'm done.. I will listen to the next one online before buying it and most likely just buy one or two songs on Itunes,

I'm in the same boat, if I was managing the Conspirators I'd issue a mandate to Myles to only write vocals in his low register - he's great down there but up high he sounds like a wasp stuck in a bottle.

Problem is that Slash's guitar playing style goes great with a vocalist that has a wide range, and can also be capable of singing those high notes with power and personality.

I think that was one problem with VR: Scott is not that kinda vocalist, and Myles doesn't have the right timber imo for Slash, especially in SOME of his high register screams.

I think that was one problem with VR: Scott is not that kinda vocalist, and Myles doesn't have the right timber imo for Slash, especially in SOME of his high register screams.

I thought Scott and Slash sounded great together. The only problem with Velvet Revolver is that they tried too hard (to please Scott) and try not to sounds like Guns N' Roses.. That caused Slash to hold back from his natural style causing blues rick oriented songs and shorter solos, if any at all. He was totally restrained. All that being said, I still loved the band and all of their music.

It's a shame that John Corabi only came back out into the spotlight to front Dead Daisies, because I think his gritty raspy vocals would perfectly match Slash's guitar playing.

But I think the thing that keeps Slash happy with Myles, is that Myles is a no bullshit, drama free, hard worker, and he does have the range to sing everything, even if he does sound whiny in the higher pitches.

There were moments on World On Fire that were awesome, Wicked Stone and Beneath the Savage Sun in particular, and if Slash & Myles can deliver another album which features at least a few songs of this caliber, I'll still support them.

But I think the thing that keeps Slash happy with Myles, is that Myles is a no bullshit, drama free, hard worker, and he does have the range to sing everything, even if he does sound whiny in the higher pitches.

There were moments on World On Fire that were awesome, Wicked Stone and Beneath the Savage Sun in particular, and if Slash & Myles can deliver another album which features at least a few songs of this caliber, I'll still support them.

This. Plus the live shows are amazing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If its 90% complete, then I assume it should be out by March next year.

negative. that's just writing. they still need to go into the studio and unless they go straight into the studio right after they come back from tour (the end of November, I think), the first part of 2016 is out. Myles will be in the studio with Alter Bridge recording their 5th album in the first part of 2016. Mark Tremonti is saying that the next album from his band, Tremonti, will be out in March, so it sounds like he's saying that AB's recording will be done around or by then. seems like March would be the earliest that SMK&C could go in to record. also, I can't see the SMK&C album coming out before or anywhere near AB's album. AB is talking about a fall tour next year, so I'm thinking their album will be out around Sept/Oct (which is about normal for them). I would then think that SMK&C would be early 2017 at the earliest.

Edited by uctalum01

negative. that's just writing. they still need to go into the studio and unless they go straight into the studio right after they come back from tour (the end of November, I think), the first part of 2016 is out. Myles will be in the studio with Alter Bridge recording their 5th album in the first part of 2016. Mark Tremonti is saying that the next album from his band, Tremonti, will be out in March, so it sounds like he's saying that AB's recording will be done around or by then. seems like March would be the earliest that SMK&C could go in to record. also, I can't see the SMK&C album coming out before or anywhere near AB's album. AB is talking about a fall tour next year, so I'm thinking their album will be out around Sept/Oct (which is about normal for them). I would then think that SMK&C would be early 2017 at the earliest.

The new Conspirators album will definitely be out in 2016. The band should tour next summer ! :headbang:

The new Conspirators album will definitely be out in 2016. The band should tour next summer ! :headbang:
I just saw an article headline saying he expects to record in Spring, which basically goes along with what I thought. They're probably going to tour over the summer once AB's and their albums are recorded, but no chance it'll be out before, or even while, they're on tour. Honestly, don't like the idea of the album coming out so close to AB's album, which it will if it is out in 2016. That would make 2 albums with Myles' lead vocals out with a few months span. I'm personally happy to get as much of Myles work as possible. The more the better for me! Just being so close together doesn't sound great in the larger picture.

Honestly, i won't complain if the new Slash album and the new AB album are released at the same time ! This means MORE music ! :P
Conspirators recording is planned for early spring. Quite sure we'll get a single for the summer tour and probably the album for Xmas.
AB won't tour long i assume, Slash will grab Myles again and tour the world in 2017 ! :tongue2:

Oh and i've learnt that Myles' solo record is finished BUT the guy still doesn't know when it will be released...c'mon Myles ! ^_^

Honestly, i won't complain if the new Slash album and the new AB album are released at the same time ! This means MORE music ! :P

Conspirators recording is planned for early spring. Quite sure we'll get a single for the summer tour and probably the album for Xmas.

AB won't tour long i assume, Slash will grab Myles again and tour the world in 2017 ! :tongue2:

Oh and i've learnt that Myles' solo record is finished BUT the guy still doesn't know when it will be released...c'mon Myles ! ^_^

That part I'm going to have issues with....