Slash's New Album - Conspirators III

Slash2baz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/22/2017 at 1:48 PM, Free Bird said:

As awesome as the reunion is, no new music is awful.

I'm done with the reunion. If they split and call it quits with GNR, I wouldn't care. In fact, I want Slash back! An album of new music every 2 years + a reasonably priced tour where he changes up the set every night... yeah, I'll take that over Axl huffing through the same GNR set every night at the price of a couple hundred dollars each time.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

I'm done with the reunion. If they split and call it quits with GNR, I wouldn't care. In fact, I want Slash back! An album of new music every 2 years + a reasonably priced tour where he changes up the set every night... yeah, I'll take that over Axl huffing through the same GNR set every night at the price of a couple hundred dollars each time.

I know you are ready for Slash to go back to his solo band, but is everyone else here ready honestly?  

Personally, from my end, I want Slash to continue working with GNR as long as possible so that Myles can keep going with what he has with Alter Bridge and maybe he can finally get his solo album out (Slash being in GNR again is the biggest window Myles has in getting that album out).  I mean Alter Bridge is playing with an orchestra next month.  I highly doubt that glorious opportunity would arrive if Myles had the schedule he had when working with Slash.

Edited by Anguyen92

5 hours ago, Anguyen92 said:

I know you are ready for Slash to go back to his solo band, but is everyone else here ready honestly?  

Personally, from my end, I want Slash to continue working with GNR as long as possible so that Myles can keep going with what he has with Alter Bridge and maybe he can finally get his solo album out (Slash being in GNR again is the biggest window Myles has in getting that album out).  I mean Alter Bridge is playing with an orchestra next month.  I highly doubt that glorious opportunity would arrive if Myles had the schedule he had when working with Slash.

While id love for slash to continue with GNR I think at the end of 2017 they should go their separate ways for a year or so so we can get more Axl/DC and some more Conspirators stuff i'm honestly interested in seeing how the reunion affects Slash's setlist seeing as he now plays a the GNR tunes he covered with GNR maybe we will see some more Velvet Revolver stuff. But at the same time i want to hear Myles solo album and would love for him to do an acoustic tour or a small venue one at the least

• 2 months later...

I think it is entirely possible for SMKC to at least get the album done prior to Myles solo run, then mix it while he is on the road and release it at the end of summer, with a short Fall 2018/winter 2019 tour before going back to Alter bridge to release an album in later 2019 when the cycle starts over again

4 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Myles will tour his album, maybe Slash will put SMKC back together for some sessions but it's not likely.

Yes, that's what we know from Myles and Tremonti. Actually I want official informations by Slash now that the GNR tour is resting for some months.

Slash hasn't talked to anybody in public since the end of 2015. Time to spread some fucking infos!

There's no way he won't do anything until June '18. I think he'll come out and tell us soon.

51 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

25073251_10154992356461921_3045377938675

Slash, Frank, Todd and Brent. If they're not writing any music I'm sure they'll rehearse before a New Year's Eve Show or something. SMKC is back.

They've already written the upcoming album. They're in the studio recording it. 

Just Myles' not there because he's busy with AB and his solo album.

Regulary Slash writes on his own while touring and meets the guys after the tour for working the songs out.

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

25073251_10154992356461921_3045377938675

Slash, Frank, Todd and Brent. If they're not writing any music I'm sure they'll rehearse before a New Year's Eve Show or something. SMKC is back.

New Years' Eve is not a possiblity because Todd will be playing with Axl's lapdog that day (unless he plays two shows in a row) but hopefully they'll be playing together soon. I'm optimistic about the possibility of all or some of them playing a few songs together at Todd's birthday show this sunday.

13 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

They've already written the upcoming album. They're in the studio recording it. 

Just Myles' not there because he's busy with AB and his solo album.

Regulary Slash writes on his own while touring and meets the guys after the tour for working the songs out.

I don't think so, the album wasn't ready prior to GNR reunion, they still have work to do. Hopefully they'll do it soon, I miss SMKC!

7 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I don't think so, the album wasn't ready prior to GNR reunion, they still have work to do. Hopefully they'll do it soon, I miss SMKC!

Are you sure? If I'm not mistaken they were ready for going into the studio.

That's what I remember, but I can be wrong.

13 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Are you sure? If I'm not mistaken they were ready for going into the studio.

That's what I remember, but I can be wrong.

They were gonna hit the studio for pre production I think but I've been told they had 9 songs up to that point. I guess they were gonna keep writing in the studio, they've done that before. You're A Lie originally had Shadow's Life's riff but they kept chaging the song until the last minute.

4 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

Pre Production for SMKC - it starts now 

I hope this is information because that's exactly what I want.

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

They were gonna hit the studio for pre production I think but I've been told they had 9 songs up to that point. I guess they were gonna keep writing in the studio, they've done that before. You're A Lie originally had Shadow's Life's riff but they kept chaging the song until the last minute.

I hope this is information because that's exactly what I want.

I just looked it up. In october 2015 in this thread Slash2baz said writing was 90% done and they were up to go into the studio in spring 2016. I think they're ready for recording. Some changes can be made everytime. 

I don't even care TBH. I just wanna hear new music. It's been a while now!

Edit: 9 out of 10 songs = 90% :P

Edited by Free Bird

10 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I just looked it up. In october 2015 in this thread Slash2baz said writing was 90% done and they were up to go into the studio in spring 2016. I think they're ready for recording. Some changes can be made everytime. 

I don't even care TBH. I just wanna hear new music. It's been a while now!

Edit: 9 out of 10 songs = 90% :P

October 2015 and a new album was pretty advanced, those were the days! :cry:

One thing is for sure, they must have enough ideas to record a triple album so it's just a matter of getting together and turning them into complete songs. Without GNR and Myles solo record in the middle, we would be getting SMKC III fairly soon.

I hope it will come out at some point next year, I need new music too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Majestic Beast said:

Actually in the new album i would prefer a new voice,we heared Myles,it's time for a change maybe? We will hear Myles in his solo album,in new alter bridge,it's a bit tiring and boring don't you think,too much myles stuff.

First of all I want new music. If it's Myles it's cool. If it's somebody else it's even better :P