Slash's New Album - Conspirators III

Slash2baz

I have pinned this and unpinned the "World On Fire" thread.

Hopefully, we will get to hear more about the new album in the following months. Can't wait to see Slash again!

RIP, my thread

Slash2baz is for more worthy than me for the new Slash thread :headbang:

• Like 2

"We're working on new material now, for another record, and so I think that what it is that I'm into is just trying to do what's the most inspiring thing, and picking up some new stuff along the way," he said. "There's always that element of new discovery that ends up on the next record. But the one thing they can always expect, it's going to be really sort of from the heart, hard-rock material, whatever it is that I end up putting out. I'm always true to the school."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-what-fans-can-expect-from-next-album-im-always-true-to-the-school/

"We're working on new material now, for another record, and so I think that what it is that I'm into is just trying to do what's the most inspiring thing, and picking up some new stuff along the way," he said. "There's always that element of new discovery that ends up on the next record. But the one thing they can always expect, it's going to be really sort of from the heart, hard-rock material, whatever it is that I end up putting out. I'm always true to the school."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-what-fans-can-expect-from-next-album-im-always-true-to-the-school/

Both happy and disappointed to hear their working on another record. Happy in that I just love how much music he pumps out to us, and his track record so far is very good. Disappointed in that I haven't even seen the tour for THIS album yet and they're already working on more. As much as I love almost all of his music, I feel he's destined for just an OK one soon, and when that happens I'm gonna wish he took a little more time in crafting more memorable songs as opposed to just recording the first new ideas he gets.

^^ After hearing some of those stories about him, some not pleasant, and after hearing how badly Metallica's Death Magnetic sounds (songs were great, but most people hated the production) under his watch, I hope not.

Edited by Anguyen92

^^ After hearing some of those stories about him, some not pleasant, and after hearing how badly Metallica's Death Magnetic sounds under his watch, I hope not.

I love the sound of Black Sabbath's 13. It's the most RnR sounding record I heard in easily a decade.

• Like 1

Man I would be happy if he'd working with Rick Rubin some day

Nooo, not with the greedy dwarf

Stay the fuck away from Slash!

^^ After hearing some of those stories about him, some not pleasant, and after hearing how badly Metallica's Death Magnetic sounds under his watch, I hope not.

I love the sound of Black Sabbath's 13. It's the most RnR sounding record I heard in easily a decade.

Because of the musicians...

Rick Rubin is the most over rated producer in history

So, out of curiosity, is Elvis Baskette going to work with these guys again for this one?

and the answer is definitely yes ! :headbang:

Good news. I feel he's the right man for the job. Everything is like a well oiled machine now, there is no need to replace anyone, just keep the momentum going and capture Slash's sound. (and can we please get more Todd? he can wail)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

Didn't they use rubin for a VR record and end up replacing him because he was never there?

Didn't they use rubin for a VR record and end up replacing him because he was never there?

Correct. That was for Libertad. They went with Brendan O'Brien eventually, and he worked closely with Rubin for years I believe.

They didn't accept Rubin to work with other bands simultaneously. They wanted him to concentrate on Libertad full time.

I think that was the reason if Im remember correctly

that was one of the reasons, the other one was that rubin didn't think they had enough good songs at that time, so he makes them keep writing and writing...till they finally fired him..

Edited by Gem Archer