Facekicker

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **SPOILERS**

308 posts in this topic

I  felt sort of cheated with the way TFA the movie was promoted. I mean I was expecting to see Han, Luke and Leia in starring roles. That wasn't the case. On top of that all we got from Luke is a cameo. I can understand why many things seems like out of nowhere as long as we have answers in episodes VIII and IX. But I still there are things that just don't fit a proper sequel of to the original trilogy.

My ranking

1 Empire

2 ANH

3 ROTJ

4 Rogue One

5 ROTS

6 AOTC

7 Phantom Menace

1 hour ago, Padme said:

I  felt sort of cheated with the way TFA the movie was promoted. I mean I was expecting to see Han, Luke and Leia in starring roles. That wasn't the case. On top of that all we got from Luke is a cameo. I can understand why many things seems like out of nowhere as long as we have answers in episodes VIII and IX. But I still there are things that just don't fit a proper sequel of to the original trilogy.

My ranking

1 Empire

2 ANH

3 ROTJ

4 Rogue One

5 ROTS

6 AOTC

7 Phantom Menace

I think the reason it doesn't feel like a proper sequel is cause it's more of a new beginning about the new characters. Where's TFA on your ranking btw?

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think the reason it doesn't feel like a proper sequel is cause it's more of a new beginning about the new characters. Where's TFA on your ranking btw?

It is not. I would rank it at some point, after I see VIII, IX. I need the context of the complete trilogy. I put Rogue One because I think it's great

1 hour ago, Padme said:

My ranking

1 Empire

2 ANH

3 ROTJ

4 Rogue One

5 ROTS

6 AOTC

7 Phantom Menace

I mean, all reports indicated it would be a passing-of-the-torch situation. Even back when Lucas wanted to do the sequel trilogy, it was going to be a passing-of-the-torch. Of course they had to make a big deal out of Harrison, Carrie, and Mark being back though, regardless of their level of involvement. 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

No offense but you sound like you are trying to convince yourself that you like it haha.

Yeah reading my post again does seem a bit like I'm in denial. :lol:

But no, I think I did myself a favour by waiting a year to watch TFA and enjoy it for what it is instead of getting caught up in the hype and/or criticisms.

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I mean, all reports indicated it would be a passing-of-the-torch situation. Even back when Lucas wanted to do the sequel trilogy, it was going to be a passing-of-the-torch. Of course they had to make a big deal out of Harrison, Carrie, and Mark being back though, regardless of their level of involvement. 

But that's the thing. Nobody passed the torch to Rey. She knew everything, or at least some it. She knew how to use a lightsaber without any traning.  We know that Luke was trying to reconstruction of the Jedi Order. But he fucked it up with his nephew and he went into exile. 

On January 18, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Padme said:

But that's the thing. Nobody passed the torch to Rey. She knew everything, or at least some it. She knew how to use a lightsaber without any traning.  We know that Luke was trying to reconstruction of the Jedi Order. But he fucked it up with his nephew and he went into exile. 

Yeah that I'll agree with. It felt like the movie was missing a proper mentor character cause they wanted han to be in the "obi-wan position" and luke to be in the "Yoda position." Which, in a way, does make more sense. The only problem is that han isn't a jedi. They shoulda given that Maz character a larger role to play in the story and have her train rey for a little bit in some way. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah that I'll agree with. It felt like the movie was missing a proper mentor character cause they wanted han to be in the "obi-wan position" and luke to be in the "Yoda position." Which, in a way, does make more sense. The only problem is that han isn't a jedi. They shoulda given that Maz character a larger role to play in the story and have her train rey for a little bit in some way. 

Yeah a mentor and all the mithology from previous trilogies. I just find it a weird Star Wars sequel. I think they should've focused more in Expanded Universe for the script of the movie