Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **SPOILERS**

Facekicker

11 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Me too. I kept thinking, "this means VIII is only a year away"!

Now, I am feeling the hype for this

Speaking of VIII, when the fuck are we gonna get a title? VII we got the title the September before release. Hell, even with the prequels we had titles well over a year before release IIRC.

4 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Yeah, apparently Darth Vader is Luke's dad.

/banned

2 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

We also had a teaser by now in 2014. 

Rumor has it VIII will be Forces of Destiny. That's worse than The Force Awakens. 

I heard Echoes Of The Dark Side, which I wouldn't be too mad about. Forces of Destiny is just face palm worthy. 

Echoes of the Dark Side is a fake title from some reddit asshole's alleged plot line for VIII that turned out to be bullshit.

his outline said that Rey's abandonment on Jakku was a direct result of Kylo's massacre of the new jedi order. We know now thanks to the canon novel bloodlines and shit that's been said in interviews that Rey's abandonment happened WAYYYY before kylo went nuts and killed all his jedi friends.

if I have to hear "I heard the title is Echoes of the Dark Side" one more time I swear...

Wow, reviews are coming in really strong for this movie.  The trailers already had me pumped to see it; it's always great to hear that movie you're excited about seeing is being received well by the critics.  

And LOL at those who take issue with TFA for not being original.  Really?  Are you familiar at all with the amount of "borrowing" the original Star Wars took from Flash Gordon and other movies that preceded it?  Save for Empire Strikes Back, I wouldn't look to Star Wars as a whole for plot/story innovation or creativity.  

36 minutes ago, downzy said:

Wow, reviews are coming in really strong for this movie.  The trailers already had me pumped to see it; it's always great to hear that movie you're excited about seeing is being received well by the critics.  

And LOL at those who take issue with TFA for not being original.  Really?  Are you familiar at all with the amount of "borrowing" the original Star Wars took from Flash Gordon and other movies that preceded it?  Save for Empire Strikes Back, I wouldn't look to Star Wars as a whole for plot/story innovation or creativity.  

That's kinda the problem. Empire was so good that anything else looks "meh" in comparison. It's the same reason why all the post-1987 GNR records feel "meh" in comparison to Appetite.

good reviews? It has a 78% on rotten tomatoes at the moment and a lot of what I've been reading seems to suggest that it's so-so.

Reviews for Rogue One are sounding incredible. the guys from Jedi Council Kristian Harloff and Mark Ellis even go as far to say the movie actually leans more towards an R rated movie. That's inieresting.  I can't see it till Sunday but I'll see it in regular 3D, then Monday night in 3D IMAX and then Tuesday night have tickets to see it in 3D with those d-box seats. I've never watched a movie like that before so I'm interested to see if it enhances or detracts from the experience. 

• Like 2

I saw it just now, its an amazing movie, way more creative and unique than The Force Awakens, I'm not saying that it's better than TFA, but it leaves you thinking why didn't they do a more innovative story for VII, I'm not saying this is the most creative shit ever, but it does expand the SW universe in a more natural way.

And, oh my god that ending...

• Like 2