Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **SPOILERS**

Facekicker

On 7/4/2016 at 2:39 PM, Dan H. said:

Bono just doesn't like queers or women in Star Wars

22 hours ago, Bono said:

I have nothng against gays lesbians, trans or bis and have nothing against them being in Star Wars IF it's for a purpose other than being poltically correct.

22 hours ago, Dan H. said:

I think you just don't like women and gays.

:facepalm:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bono said:

You're an  idiot. I have nothng against gays lesbians, trans or bis and have nothing against them being in Star Wars IF it's for a purpose other than being poltically correct. Your studpidty though doesn't allow you to comprehend that without thinking it's a point of view expressing homophobia. Fucking loser. As for me not liking women in Star Wars again,  just a  fucking douchebag comment of yours with no real attempt to comprehend what's being said. I thought Rey was awesome but no I don't like women in Star Wars. I don't want gay characters forced into Star Wars just for the sake of appeasinga  demographic that doesn't even care about it. But no it's simply a matter of me not liking liking queers(you sound like an idiot using the word queer). 

Hunger Games, Divergent Series, new Ghostbusters, The 5th Wave, Sicario(awesome movie), Force Awakens etc etc and now Rogue One. Clearly there is an attempt in Hollywood the last few years to force the strong female lead onto the public. And if you read my entire post you moron, you'd see I said it looks awesome for sure. 

So the mere inclusion of women as lead characters, or just the general existence of gay people in film is pandering for political correctness? It seems as though your idea of film is one where the men are constantly the leads, with no representation of anyone else on screen. You say that you want some essence of realism in the portrayal of women, but in reality there are women in powerful positions and *gasp* gay people do exist. The inclusion of these groups of people is furthering the realism, as it begins to represent the people who are actually paying to see these films (and films in general). After years of the same boring lead-male trope being forced onto the movie-going public, I think you can handle some lead-women who don't seem to be fleshed out enough for you.

What demographic do you think is forcing themselves into Star Wars, that doesn't actually watch it?

I think this movie looks pretty good! I like the fact that it (Hopefully) doesn't have to deal with a Skywalker. This is a world with trillions and trillions of inhabitants, its nice to pull back the lens and look at the "Common man" so to speak. It looks dark, gritty, and intense. The Walker Scene on the beach in particular :wub:

But then again I'm a huge fanboy so take what I say with a grain of salt lol.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2016 at 4:16 AM, december pain said:

I think this movie looks pretty good! I like the fact that it (Hopefully) doesn't have to deal with a Skywalker. This is a world with trillions and trillions of inhabitants, its nice to pull back the lens and look at the "Common man" so to speak. It looks dark, gritty, and intense. The Walker Scene on the beach in particular :wub:

But then again I'm a huge fanboy so take what I say with a grain of salt lol.

Yeah that's exactly it.

I hope Rey doesn't turn out to be a Skywalker in Episode 8 but it seems that it will happen.

On 8/4/2016 at 4:24 AM, maynard said:

I have no problem with female leads but SW is clearly forcing the girl hero/evil male villain thing... it's kinda pathetic.

But hey, they had a major female villain in The Force Awakens, one scene superstar Captain Phasma. Even Yoda is female now.

Donnie Yen is killing it, real talent.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

The director isn't really known for having electrifying leads. He is much better at visual effects but he will have the main characters simply read lines while the talented actors are pushed to the side  and are simply there to react. 

And the dialog is dreadful. It reminds me of the Hobbit. This doesn't feel like a Star Wars film. At least JJ borrowed a lot from A New Hope to make it appeal to the fans.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2016 at 1:36 PM, toroymoi said:

So the mere inclusion of women as lead characters, or just the general existence of gay people in film is pandering for political correctness? It seems as though your idea of film is one where the men are constantly the leads, with no representation of anyone else on screen. You say that you want some essence of realism in the portrayal of women, but in reality there are women in powerful positions and *gasp* gay people do exist. The inclusion of these groups of people is furthering the realism, as it begins to represent the people who are actually paying to see these films (and films in general). After years of the same boring lead-male trope being forced onto the movie-going public, I think you can handle some lead-women who don't seem to be fleshed out enough for you.

What demographic do you think is forcing themselves into Star Wars, that doesn't actually watch it?

Holy fuck. 

You're so right. I never thought of that. Women and gay people pay to see these movies so it would make sense to shoe horn those types of characters into  leading roles in the movies, because until now women and gays haven't liked Star Wars and there's been a major outcry to make it more real by including them into major roles in the story. I mean shit if Poe doesn't turn out to be gay I'm sure the entire gay community will boycott Episode VIII. Afterall the sexuality of the characters is a major concern of..... well NOBODY.

The desire of some of you to completely miss what's actually being said  knows no bounds. Nothing in your post even remotely reflects my views but nobody here actually wants to comprehend what is actually being said. It's easier for small minds to chalk people up as women hating bigots. That way you can feel righteous on the internet.  I will spell it out for you and everyone else one more fucking time. Unless it's key to furthering the story revealing a  characters sexual preference be it gay or straight is nothing more than pandering to a demographic that doesn't care. Gays do not fucking care if there are gay people in Star Wars just for the sake of it. If it's essential to the telling of the story fine, if not leave it out. As for women being in "powerful roles" yeah sure they are. Not usualy in the kick ass soldier type role though. It's a stretch to think the badass of the rebellion who's stealing Death Star plans would be a woman and anyone who disagrees with that is trying way to hard to be politically correct and simply in denial. I mean you don't see any realistic or even fictional war movies where the lead character in the role of military soldier is a female do you? No you don't but you think forcing  that into what is supposedly a war movie makes it more realistic? Riiiiiiiiight and I'm the one who's just out of touch and against women. 

On 4/11/2016 at 1:57 AM, DR DOOM said:

A Star Wars movie with no Skywalkers, laser swords or force users really could work and yay I hope it does.

Shame about having a girl as the hero again though, enough already.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Be careful man. You don't wanna get accussed of hating women and thinking only men can be in lead roles.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Apparently they showed the new trailer at celebration over the weekend but obviously only for the people in attendance. Vader shows up briefly but apparently only as a reflection on the floor or a mirror or something. Pissed they didn't release it for the public. Maybe it will be a trailer we'll never get to see and what we get will be something entirely different.

14 hours ago, Bono said:

Apparently they showed the new trailer at celebration over the weekend but obviously only for the people in attendance. Vader shows up briefly but apparently only as a reflection on the floor or a mirror or something. Pissed they didn't release it for the public. Maybe it will be a trailer we'll never get to see and what we get will be something entirely different.

I watched a leak of it before it got taken down - really cool. 

• 3 weeks later...

It looks fucking amazing. the only shitty part about that trailer was the shot of Vader. he looked like Dark helmet from Space Balls haha. I mean they could've given a much better quick money shot of Vader that wasn't the back of his head. 

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Holy fuck. I've been worried about this movie because of the re shoots and trying to stay more spoiler free for this and VII I but god damn, this looks epic 

Vader better kill them all

I agree. Or at the very least all the good guys should die in some heroic effort to accomplish the mission. It would make sense and really add some gravity to the whole thing. If the good guys mostly all live it will be kinda stupid.  

• Like 1