Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **SPOILERS**

Facekicker

On November 30, 2016 at 7:33 AM, DieselDaisy said:

TFA was absolutely terrible. Horrendous film. Somehow they actually did the unthinkable and made a film worse than the prequels! What a conception?

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's worse than the prequels but in hindsight the film does feel a bit like a missed opportunity 

• Like 1

I didn't buy tickets yet but I found out the theater by my house is doing the same thing they did with TFA. They're playing it non-stop from opening night through the entire weekend. So I'll probably just go see it at like 4am again like I did with TFA just for fun and less crowds. Either way, I'm very much looking forward to it.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:33 PM, DieselDaisy said:

TFA was absolutely terrible. Horrendous film. Somehow they actually did the unthinkable and made a film worse than the prequels! What a conception?

Totally agree. It looked great, but that's about all I can say for it.

I walked out of the cinema thinking "it needed George Lucas".

31 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

I love all the retrospective hate for TFA. That film reinvigorated a dead franchise that had been beaten into submission by prequels that fans loathed. It's not a perfect film but it's precisely what it needed to be and the ideal stepping stone for the future of the series. 

Retrospective? No, I hated the film the minute it came out. I actually saw the film second day from the premier and sat in the theatre thinking it was about the worst film I've ever seen.

TFA was enjoyable. It was pretty generic, and a shallow retelling of A New Hope, but it had great action, sets, sound, and characters.

Also it didn't fuck anything up, which now makes the Star Wars series as a whole 57.1% not a fuck up, and I'm in favor of that

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It was charmless in its badness though. It was a corporate job, a reboot made in a board room. Terrible. Why people like this film is beyond me. 

People like it cause they intensely loathed the prequels for being so drastically different to the point where they didn't feel like classic SW, and were therefore more willing to digest a "soft reboot" of the original trilogy than put up with more strange aesthetics that failed to remind them of their childhood. If you remember, before TFA came out everyone was saying "I want something that feels like a new hope and empire strikes back." While I can give TFA a slight pass for this, I do certainly hope they venture into more interesting territory going forward, and allow for all the different filmmakers to put more of their creative stamp of each movie. Only time will tell. If anything, Im glad the franchise is no longer the sad joke it had become when lucas drove it to the ground circa 1999-2012.

Hey, I grew up on Star Wars in the 80's and yeah the prequels were and are a letdown but be fucked if this/that is what I wanted.

Like DD said, it's a movie made by a boardroom/committee, ticking boxes and not doing anything worth a damn.

Yeah, people wanted something that FEELS like A New Hope and Empire, not a movie that just blatantly rehashes them, and in a rush to boot.

I'd prefer the "franchise" was in Lucas' hands, even if that meant no more Star Wars movies.

Killing Han like that was bullshit, I'm not opposed to him dying but there was ZERO build up to it, there was basically zero build up to anything in TFA except Luke at the end.

And I bet they kill him off in the next one just as cheaply.

• Like 1

On December 5, 2016 at 5:59 AM, DR DOOM said:

Hey, I grew up on Star Wars in the 80's and yeah the prequels were and are a letdown but be fucked if this/that is what I wanted.

Like DD said, it's a movie made by a boardroom/committee, ticking boxes and not doing anything worth a damn.

Yeah, people wanted something that FEELS like A New Hope and Empire, not a movie that just blatantly rehashes them, and in a rush to boot.

I'd prefer the "franchise" was in Lucas' hands, even if that meant no more Star Wars movies.

Killing Han like that was bullshit, I'm not opposed to him dying but there was ZERO build up to it, there was basically zero build up to anything in TFA except Luke at the end.

And I bet they kill him off in the next one just as cheaply.

To each their own. I was just speaking about the starwars fan community in general?

no build up? Imo there was too much build up in that scene (as in they made it too obvious that he was about to die lol)