UPROXX Mini-Documentary

axlweave

Hey Marc, i just saw an add on Facebook stating how you will be the one to get Axl and Slash to re unite, lol I guess the writer has not seen your post on here. jeeze how stories get started.

Edited by downzy
Included the video

I just saw it and this is amazing man, it really bought a tear to my eye, really thank you so much what you have done for the fans and what you are doing for the fans, I hope one day Axl realizes that you were a good friend of his and how much you care about him

They could book a rehearsal space but Axl would not show up. Axl couldn't even be bothered to turn up for the sessions for CD with his new guys and this is an expensive studio with expensive equipment on his own album. The chances of him downsizing and working in a sweaty rehearsal space again in a democratic manner are slim.

• Like 1

Hi Marc.

What do you think about being presented in that video as the man who can reunite GN'R?

Thanks.

I guess they really didn't want someone that Axl knew he could trust that would always give him some good advice for things that might come up. There were people that knew Axl sometimes would call me for some advice on what he was working on. I don't know if Axl was seeing an adviser at that time or not.

It feels like Axl's friends from before 1993 were all removed and/or scared away by someone..... Aside from Del and Sebastian Bach, who are his friends nowadays?

People who were there during the best years of the band and Axl seem to have disappeared from the picture. Do you see it that way too?

Hi Marc.

What do you think about being presented in that video as the man who can reunite GN'R?

Thanks.

I guess they really didn't want someone that Axl knew he could trust that would always give him some good advice for things that might come up. There were people that knew Axl sometimes would call me for some advice on what he was working on. I don't know if Axl was seeing an adviser at that time or not.

It feels like Axl's friends from before 1993 were all removed and/or scared away by someone..... Aside from Del and Sebastian Bach, who are his friends nowadays?

People who were there during the best years of the band and Axl seem to have disappeared from the picture. Do you see it that way too?

I remember my name turned up on an Axl Enemy list in 2008 and i remember reading something about how it was sent around a few times and then was sent to Axl. That right there tells you that someone might be telling Axl who is enemies are. That whole thing was very strange to me. Fisrt of all why would there even be a list that was typed out. If you don't want to deal with people and think for some reason that they are bad people why would it have to be typed up on a list? It just sounds to me that there is or was someone telling Axl who he should be friends with and also wants Axl to believe that there is a group of his enemies. I don't remember all the people that were on that list but I do remember that most of them in no way were his enemies. Infact most of them were people that really care for him and would only want the best for him. Its not cool that things like this were going. The thought that someone might have had some sort of mind control over a good friend that you really care about is not good. I could be wrong but it just sounded so strange to me that there is this list.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 2

I remember my name turned up on an Axl Enemy list in 2008 and i remember reading something about how it was sent around a few times and then was sent to Axl. That right there tells you that someone might be telling Axl who is enemies are. That whole thing was very strange to me. Fisrt of all why would there even be a list that was typed out. If you don't want to deal with people and think for some reason that they are bad people why would it have to be typed up on a list? It just sounds to me that there is or was someone telling Axl who he should be friends with and also wants Axl to believe that there is a group of his enemies. I don't remember all the people that were on that list but I do remember that most of them in no way were his enemies. Infact most of them were people that really care for him and would only want the best for him. Its not cool that things like this were going. The thought that someone might have had some sort of mind control over a good friend that you really care about is not good. I could be wrong but it just sounded so strange to me that there is this list.

Thank you, Marc :)

Yes, that enemy list is so ridiculous and at the same time, really damaging to someone's mental health. Unfortunately, a person like Axl will always and forever be surrounded or sought after by unscrupulous people who will do anything to be close to him, either to earn fame, money, popularity, boost their egos or whatever. It must be so hard to be Axl (or a celebrity in general terms) and have a clear mind to determine who is who.

I guess the vulnerable state he went into after the UYI tour ended is what favored the entrance of people in his life who didn't like him for who he really is but for the celebrity he is. I totally understand your concern and sadness about this situation.

Hopefully "nothing lasts forever even cold november rain...." :shrugs:

• Like 1

Is Axl really that naive? Is he that kind of guy who believes in everything some people say? That's really hard to believe ... someone who lived so much things in his life, like he did, being so manipulable :facepalm:

I think almost everybody will understand what you're saying as "TB's fault" and you probably don't want to talk about names but ... why would somebody need to keep Axl away from you?

In that video is quite obvious how much you like him ... and, more than a reunion, what you would like most was to get along with him and that all of them could get along with each other ... it's obvious how much sad you are for the current situation ... I really think those are noble feelings from you. What keeps you away from getting in touch with him? Doesn't he even reply to your christmas/birthday cards, or something? Doesn't he have a phone where you can call him without passing by no one's "filter"? Can't you just invite him to dinner, for a drink or whatever? Sorry to ask, but it's something that goes beyond me. :(

Hey Marc,

You speak often (and in this mini-doc) about the possibility of Axl and Slash hashing out their differences. You seem optimistic that some common ground could be reached should these two icons of rock were to ever find themselves in the same room with proper mediation (ie. no vested interested by those mediating the meeting). But I'm curious whether you think your own relationship/friendship with Axl could be restored to what it once was? Or is Axl the kind of guy that once he's made up his mind on someone, once he considers a former friend no longer loyal and hence no longer deserving of his own time, attention, and loyalty, is there any way of coming back from that? Do you ever find yourself saying stuff in public via interviews or even what you wrote in your book and think, "well, Axl's not going to like this, but oh well."

This came to mind when watching the mini-doc, as I wonder what Axl might have thought when you mentioned how the wedding theme of November Rain was something that originated from your own wedding (btw, I think everyone here can agree that having Axl perform at your wedding is probably the coolest thing ever). Do you think Axl would agree with that assessment regarding the wedding imagery eventually used in November Rain, and if not, do you think it might put more space between the two of you? And at this point, do you even care if what you say bothers Axl? Have you gotten to the point where saying what you truly feel now supersedes how it will be interpreted by the members of the band?

Is Axl really that naive? Is he that kind of guy who believes in everything some people say? That's really hard to believe ... someone who lived so much things in his life, like he did, being so manipulable :facepalm:

I think almost everybody will understand what you're saying as "TB's fault" and you probably don't want to talk about names but ... why would somebody need to keep Axl away from you?

In that video is quite obvious how much you like him ... and, more than a reunion, what you would like most was to get along with him and that all of them could get along with each other ... it's obvious how much sad you are for the current situation ... I really think those are noble feelings from you. What keeps you away from getting in touch with him? Doesn't he even reply to your christmas/birthday cards, or something? Doesn't he have a phone where you can call him without passing by no one's "filter"? Can't you just invite him to dinner, for a drink or whatever? Sorry to ask, but it's something that goes beyond me. :(

I'm not Marc but I've lived enough to tell you all of this reduces to two things: 1) power 2) money or 1) money 2) power. They go hand in hand.

Think of what would happened if history went back and restored itself in 1985.... Can you visualize the amount of people who would be ran over by that train?

The fear of losing power/jobs/money leads people to do unimaginable things. If Guns N' Roses reunited, if GN'R were back to the state they were in 1985 or 1991, things would change greatly for the so-called TB.

I'm not saying Axl would wipe them out of his life (he considers them family) but with Slash and Duff in the front, some people would automatically stop having a saying in whatever GN'R is concerned.

The so-called team has been in charge of Axl and GN'R for more than 15 years... it's a lifetime and its a threat to their lives. Having GN'R back as it once was will definitely shake their floor (even if its just an imaginary fear). So probably that is what led them to create an "enemies" list and other childish mind games. It's all about defending terrority earned by climbing the ladder.

Axl is not a fool or gullible but the man got feelings and a need for affection. None of this would have happened if Axl had a wife and kids of his own. While he may perceive this people are not 100% honest with him at times, he feels they are his family... so think about your own family... don't you tolerate some things sometimes just because someone is your father, your mother, your sibling? I know I do. We all do. And Axl does too.... He knows in the end, those people are there to support him with his affection needs and there's no one else.

And I don't know if this is Axl's own decision or what... but somehow they have secured themselves and be lucky enough to have Axl completely wife-less and children-less.

It sucks.

I really wish he would go wild and get someone pregnant! :lol:

(just for the sake of seeing their faces turn blue)

• Like 1

Hey Marc,

You speak often (and in this mini-doc) about the possibility of Axl and Slash hashing out their differences. You seem optimistic that some common ground could be reached should these two icons of rock were to ever find themselves in the same room with proper mediation (ie. no vested interested by those mediating the meeting). But I'm curious whether you think your own relationship/friendship with Axl could be restored to what it once was? Or is Axl the kind of guy that once he's made up his mind on someone, once he considers a former friend no longer loyal and hence no longer deserving of his own time, attention, and loyalty, is there any way of coming back from that? Do you ever find yourself saying stuff in public via interviews or even what you wrote in your book and think, "well, Axl's not going to like this, but oh well."

This came to mind when watching the mini-doc, as I wonder what Axl might have thought when you mentioned how the wedding theme of November Rain was something that originated from your own wedding (btw, I think everyone here can agree that having Axl perform at your wedding is probably the coolest thing ever). Do you think Axl would agree with that assessment regarding the wedding imagery eventually used in November Rain, and if not, do you think it might put more space between the two of you? And at this point, do you even care if what you say bothers Axl? Have you gotten to the point where saying what you truly feel now supersedes how it will be interpreted by the members of the band?

I do think someday things will be ok between Axl and me. I don't really know who was behind using NR as a wedding video but it might just be it was in Del's story. I just got there first.

I know that some of the things I say might bother Axl but I also have to go with the things I believe to be true and strongly feel its the right thing to do. I do have Axl's back when doing interviews or even here when people get out of line and talk shit. He knows that I love him, I think the biggest problem is the way things stand between him and Slash, get me in trouble anytime i have something nice to say about Slash because he has such a bad taste in his moth with how that separation took place and the war that went on between them after, that he just can't see someone that he cares about say nice things about the person that he can't stand. So somehow he sees it as a betrayal. Also me just promoting the work he did with Slash is not something he supports right now. I supported the work they they did enjoyed that time back in 1985 and was very much involved and I'm sorry but I didn't change, I'm the same person i was back then and I will never chance and I will always support that work. Its too bad that Axl no longer wants to enjoy those times and maybe someday he might change his mind but the rest of us know that those were very special times and must not be hidden from the history of the band. I guess you can call me a true GNR/Slash historian for getting my book out and to continue to talk about the history. I'm not happy that it probably makes Axl upset and that hurts me but I know its the right thing to do. I also know someday Axl will agree with me when he finds his way out of the hate Slash trance that he is stuck in. I know he loved the work I put together when he first saw it so I know i'm doing the right thing.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 2