NR footage (Your wedding)

Snowmass

Not really its personal. In fact the footage of Axl that you see in that mini doc was not from while we walked down the aisle as you can see he was somoking and being very casual. That footage was from when Axl got there, he was told by the wedding coordinator that he had to entertain the other guests while they were being seated. So he was just doodling around on the piano offering up pieces of ELO and other cover songs and even some parts of which latter became Estranged. Things got much more serious when it was time to walk down the alsle and he just did some of the parts to NR like I had asked him to do. The problem is there really isn't much footage of Axl playing while we walked other then the sound of him playing. I think he was a bit nervous that he was going to somehow fuck it up during the ceremony. The pressure was on him that night not us. It was very cool that he agreed to do that and guess what he was on time which could have gone wrong depending what else was going on in his day. We took a chance but also knew he would pull it off. While we were eating he even offered to go up to our room and get my pepper grinder that I used to always carry with me to use on my salads. I forgot it in the room but there was no way I could have left to go get it.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 3

Not really its personal. In fact the footage of Axl that you see in that mini doc was not from while we walked down the aisle as you can see he was somoking and being very casual. That footage was from when Axl got there, he was told by the wedding coordinator that he had to entertain the other guest while they were being seated. So he was just doodling around on the piano offering up pieces of ELO and other cover songs and even some parts of which latter became Estranged. Things got much more serious when it was time to walk down the alsle and he just did some of the parts to NR like I had asked him to do. The problem is there really isn't much footage of Axl playing while we walked other then the sound of him playing. I think he was a bit nervous that he was going to somehow fuck it up during the ceremony. The pressure was on him that night not us. It was very cool that he agreed to do that and guess what he was on time which could have gone wrong depending what else was going on in his day. We took a chance but also knew he would pull it off. While we were eating he even offered to go up to our room and get my pepper grinder that I used to always carry with me to use on my salads. I forgot it in the room but there was no way I could have left to go get it.

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Not really its personal. In fact the footage of Axl that you see in that mini doc was not from while we walked down the aisle as you can see he was somoking and being very casual. That footage was from when Axl got there, he was told by the wedding coordinator that he had to entertain the other guest while they were being seated. So he was just doodling around on the piano offering up pieces of ELO and other cover songs and even some parts of which latter became Estranged. Things got much more serious when it was time to walk down the alsle and he just did some of the parts to NR like I had asked him to do. The problem is there really isn't much footage of Axl playing while we walked other then the sound of him playing. I think he was a bit nervous that he was going to somehow fuck it up during the ceremony. The pressure was on him that night not us. It was very cool that he agreed to do that and guess what he was on time which could have gone wrong depending what else was going on in his day. We took a chance but also knew he would pull it off. While we were eating he even offered to go up to our room and get my pepper grinder that I used to always carry with me to use on my salads. I forgot it in the room but there was no way I could have left to go get it.

Great story. Makes me happy and sad at the same time.

Not really its personal. In fact the footage of Axl that you see in that mini doc was not from while we walked down the aisle as you can see he was somoking and being very casual. That footage was from when Axl got there, he was told by the wedding coordinator that he had to entertain the other guests while they were being seated. So he was just doodling around on the piano offering up pieces of ELO and other cover songs and even some parts of which latter became Estranged. Things got much more serious when it was time to walk down the alsle and he just did some of the parts to NR like I had asked him to do. The problem is there really isn't much footage of Axl playing while we walked other then the sound of him playing. I think he was a bit nervous that he was going to somehow fuck it up during the ceremony. The pressure was on him that night not us. It was very cool that he agreed to do that and guess what he was on time which could have gone wrong depending what else was going on in his day. We took a chance but also knew he would pull it off. While we were eating he even offered to go up to our room and get my pepper grinder that I used to always carry with me to use on my salads. I forgot it in the room but there was no way I could have left to go get it.

Awesome.

It's amazing that we continue to get new information from time to time, about things that happened 25 years ago. Thanks, Marc!

Thanks for the story...

you have a personal pepper grinder you carry around? That's seems pretty strange.

I did back then for about a few months because someone gave me a small pepper grinder and i used to put it in a small ziplock bag and take it to restaurants. Axl saw that I had it with me at the rehearsal wedding dinner and thats why he was asking where is the pepper grinder. I know its a little weird. The thing with me is I'm a bit compulsive and when i like something, I go the extra mile with it. That is the same reason I documented Slash and then GNR so well because I really liked it. I don't really do things like that anymore but sometimes I will find myself bringing an avocado to a event that feeds you like a wedding to add in my salad. People that are at the table can't believe what they are seeing and are a bit jealous that they don't have it too. Hay you only live once minus well make the best out of it.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 4