Axl and Barbie Von Grief

From what I know, Barbie Von Grief was a friend of Axl and Izzy and she was a Madame of a brothel and she inspired to write Rocket Queen, what else do the people know about her?

I saw this blog and it seems its by her, it is pretty absurd, she claims that the cover of CD was her idea and Twat was written for her and Erin and Axl went to school together? I guess it was this blog or some other blog where she claimed that Prostitute was written for her

From what I know Twat and Prostitute were written for Stephanie and other songs were inspired by Erin and the Media and former members

http://www.stolat-barbisblog.blogspot.com/

Edited by Slash787

From what I know, Barbie Von Grief was a friend of Axl and Izzy and she was a Madame of a brothel and she inspired to write Rocket Queen, what else do the people know about her?

I saw this blog and it seems its by her, it is pretty absurd, she claims that the cover of CD was her idea and Twat was written for her and Erin and Axl went to school together? I guess it was this blog or some other blog where she claimed that Prostitute was written for her

From what I know Twat and Prostitute were written for Stephanie and other songs were inspired by Erin and the Media and former members

http://www.stolat-barbisblog.blogspot.com/

i think someone said the blog was fake...

I bet back in the day, Axl knew a lot of Rocket Queens.

Axl said most of the GNR songs are based on truth, so I'm sure someone inspired this song and most of the GNR songs, except for Used to Love her, but then again, would anyone admit to killing someone and burying them in their backyard? lol

It is threads like these that lead me from one story about Barbie, to reading about Rocket Queen on Wikipedia and learning that Axl played bass. I don't know how reliable wikipedia is on this, I just didn't know that he did play bass. I'll have to search around to confirm this. This tangent I took is also why I love this damn forum. :shades:

Steven Adler would take a drum solo in the middle of the song while the band was supporting Appetite For Destruction in 1988, which expanded to included Duff McKagan on an additional drum kit and Axl Rose playing bass when the band opened four dates for The Rolling Stones in 1989 at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

edit: I guess he did.

4zlaglb.jpg

Edited by Drakestar

Axl said most of the GNR songs are based on truth, so I'm sure someone inspired this song and most of the GNR songs, except for Used to Love her, but then again, would anyone admit to killing someone and burying them in their backyard? lol

i always thought Used To Love Her would be a song about his dog.

i always thought Used To Love Her would be a song about his dog.

it is

It is threads like these that lead me from one story about Barbie, to reading about Rocket Queen on Wikipedia and learning that Axl played bass. I don't know how reliable wikipedia is on this, I just didn't know that he did play bass. I'll have to search around to confirm this. This tangent I took is also why I love this damn forum. :shades:

Steven Adler would take a drum solo in the middle of the song while the band was supporting Appetite For Destruction in 1988, which expanded to included Duff McKagan on an additional drum kit and Axl Rose playing bass when the band opened four dates for The Rolling Stones in 1989 at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

edit: I guess he did.

4zlaglb.jpg

It's written in Mick Wall's band biography

• Like 1

There are several pics of Axl playing bass in the past.

It'd be so cool if he was seen these days playing other instruments rather than piano.

He can play the bass and supposedly he is good in playing the guitar too, but it really made me laugh when he was just holding the guitar and doing the snake dance during Madagascar in Rio 2001

It'd be so cool if he was seen these days playing other instruments rather than piano.

He can play the bass and supposedly he is good in playing the guitar too, but it really made me laugh when he was just holding the guitar and doing the snake dance during Madagascar in Rio 2001

I think it was here he said he doesn't play live because he's not really good at it..... He should get good though... got plenty of time! :lol:

He played guitar on Madagascar and There Was a Time on the album.