Live Era Unaltered

I've heard an audio compilation like this a few years ago, but i've never found afteer that
These are the videos, super cool (i saw most of them, though)

Amazing performances, mostly. It's good to hear Izzy too

(Also lol at anybody who still maintain that Axl was not re-recorded a lot of the vocal tracks)

They really got it wrong with Live Era. You can pick virtually any random bootleg, plonk it on a disc, and it will be vastly superior to Live Era.

exactly

True, I've done the same from 2006 to 2014 and made a great live bootleg

Very lazy of them to choose so many songs from the Tokyo gig that was already released.

Wasnt Del chosen to go through as many shows as possbile to find the tracks? Eneded up running out of time, getting pressure from the label?

Maybe some shows were sonically better than others.

For ex: All the shows that were commercially released (tokyo and yesterday's) sound way better than Coma's (off a show in Ohama). On Coma the drums are very echo-y and quiet, the lead and rhythm guitars are centered (not hard panned to either side as it should be). Axl's voice sounds like it has some post processing on it (besideds the effect on the album version, some noise reduction possibly) the bass guitar isn't centered (maybe track waveforms weren't lined up correctly)

That would be an excellent thing for Axl to do with his time

Remix Live Era to fix the bullshit it ended up being.

ITs strange also because he voice is half fucked up on some of thoe songs, which were redone in 99, but the First Ever show back in 2000/2001 he sounds just like the old days.

Very lazy of them to choose so many songs from the Tokyo gig that was already released.

Wasnt Del chosen to go through as many shows as possbile to find the tracks? Eneded up running out of time, getting pressure from the label?

Maybe some shows were sonically better than others.

For ex: All the shows that were commercially released (tokyo and yesterday's) sound way better than Coma's (off a show in Ohama). On Coma the drums are very echo-y and quiet, the lead and rhythm guitars are centered (not hard panned to either side as it should be). Axl's voice sounds like it has some post processing on it (besideds the effect on the album version, some noise reduction possibly) the bass guitar isn't centered (maybe track waveforms weren't lined up correctly)

Could very well be it, but I think that Coma is probably straight from the soundboard without actual studio mixing, probably because it was a mere addition for the Japan market. That would explain why this track wasn't given the same treatment as the other ones.

Can someone simply put Gilby on Rocket Queen and turn him up on Estranged. At least you can hear Izzy on the album.

That and no Civil War/DTJ. These are whatI consider the real issues. Oh and Dizzy being audible on RQ. Seriously no guitar but fuckin Dizzy?!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The era of fixing live albums up in the studio is over.

By over I assume you mean ubiquitous?

With Protools/DAW of your choice its very easy to fix the tracks up in the studio after the fact - a little tuning here, a little edit there. Most bands record live albums of a venue they play 2/3/4/5 nights in a row and take the best takes but many tracks I'd guess are comp'd together from various performances in places. Pay for a guy to sit in the studio / in front of a computer for a week and its relatively easy to do.