Suicide Squad/Jared Leto as the Joker Thread

David Ayer just isn't that great of a director.

He suggests a style more than he presents one, that's why his movies are very middle-of-the-road. You can see his influences, but he never rises to the occasion and makes them more than just influences.

He is, however, a decent writer. So, we'll see.

I hope this is the case, I don't want to hate it or anything. I would like it to be a good movie.

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, sturginho said:

I think it looks quite good in spite of Will Smith :)

That's cool man, I hope you and anybody else enjoys it.

Can't help but say it looks like a giant turd though, I don't care enough about any of those characters to actually be invested in this to be honest, Harley is the only one I know.

6 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Can't help but say it looks like a giant turd though, I don't care enough about any of those characters to actually be invested in this to be honest, Harley is the only one I know.

Why do you need to know about the characters before seeing a movie to care about them and be invested in them?

Surely you've watched and enjoyed many movies where you haven't known the characters prior?

Or do you mean, you don't know the characters enough to judge it from the trailer? Like you I don't know much about them either - harley quin i know through games, the others i've little experience of (perhaps deadshot more than the rest, but not enough to judge if Smith is good or bad as him from my interpretation of the comic book character). Its a refreshing change going into a comic book movie not knowing much about them and having preconceived ideas/feelings/attachments etc.

I'm not sure about this movie though, I wouldn't be suprised if I enjoyed it, but also wouldn't be suprised if it was complete dogs. I generally only watch movies in the cinema these days, so will make an effort with this as well, go in with an open mind not taking it too seriously and see what happens. It can't be worse the batman vs superman, which was far too serious, way too long, and a massive let down and waste of potentially good story & chars.

16 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Why do you need to know about the characters before seeing a movie to care about them and be invested in them?

Surely you've watched and enjoyed many movies where you haven't known the characters prior?

Or do you mean, you don't know the characters enough to judge it from the trailer? Like you I don't know much about them either - harley quin i know through games, the others i've little experience of (perhaps deadshot more than the rest, but not enough to judge if Smith is good or bad as him from my interpretation of the comic book character). Its a refreshing change going into a comic book movie not knowing much about them and having preconceived ideas/feelings/attachments etc.

I'm not sure about this movie though, I wouldn't be suprised if I enjoyed it, but also wouldn't be suprised if it was complete dogs. I generally only watch movies in the cinema these days, so will make an effort with this as well, go in with an open mind not taking it too seriously and see what happens. It can't be worse the batman vs superman, which was far too serious, way too long, and a massive let down and waste of potentially good story & chars.

Hey, you're right...but I still think this movie looks like da poo poo.

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I read Jared went to a mental hospital for research on his Joker role. Interesting. I hope he doesn't get any shit from any mental patients or their families.

It's amazing to me that even though he's putting all of this into the role, he still comes across as a watered-down version of Heath Ledger's Joker (so far). Jared's a good actor, but he always seems to be method for the purpose of praise and not for the legitimacy of a role.

On 2016. 04. 14. at 3:04 PM, DR DOOM said:

Actually this whole "let's take a comic and make another superhero movie with stupid gags on it" concept is a giant turd. 

If you can live with that, then this movie would be somewhat enjoyable :lol:

I would say these movies are good for a single watch:shrugs:

P.S. i despise Will Smith but the other actors are OK

Edited by Strange Broue

• 3 months later...