Best lyrics on Chinese Democracy?

Whenever I'm feeling down or upset, I just cue up Sorry and listen to that line over and over:

But I don't VANT to DO EEEET

That line has gotten me thru some rough times. Also, whenever I need a pick me up, I listen to DJs amazing live solo on TWAT.

• Like 2

My single favorite lyric on the album is probably "What this means to me is more than I know you believe". I could probably write an essay about my thoughts on that line alone.

Second favorite is "It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"

• Like 3

Yes Street Of Dreams, I like it very much! as well as Better, Catcher and TWAT even though its not perfect. Prostitute has the best lyrics in my opinion.

Other songs have great lines and imagery (Chinese, IRS, Riad) but overall they're not really good. Million miles away from the old days.

Its hard to pick a favorite off Chinese. The whole album is loaded with great lyrics. I think CD's lyrics were the most potent of Axl's entire career. There's some stuff from the Illusions and maybe one or two songs from Appetite that rank up there, but overall Chinese has by far the strongest and most coherent songwriting in the GNR canon to date.

That's the thing CD is all Axl lyrics. Other albums have lyrics from Izzy, Del, West, Duff, covers too.

It's just a bit more mature, there's no Easy or Bad Obsession. And no covers.

Maybe just Better, SOD, TWAT, Catcher, Madagascar, Prostitute puts it ahead.

But couldn't you say Dust n Bones, Dont Cry, Nov Rain, Dead Horse, Coma?

I call it a tie. If you think Izzy lyrics are rubbish then it's not.

Or you think RNDTH isn't as good lyrically as Chi dem.

Across the board CD is more heavy intense lyrics. There's no cover breaks or songs about junkie tribulations. There's no Duff punk jams.

The standard is similar to UYI in terms of Axl lyrics on CD. There's less on UYI.

CD is very focused to the point of being relentless. There's a bit of a break with ITW then back into it again for 9 intense songs.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1