Will you help me out? it's a quick survey for college.

Tom2112

Hey! I'm looking for people to fill out a survey for me (2 minutes max). The age criteria is 18-60, if you're under 18 or over 60 please don't fill out the survey (I'm pretty sure I have a filters that prevent this but just in case).

I'm particularly interested in people between 30-60 as most of the current respondents are between 18 and 30. However, I welcome everyone that fits the criteria to fill out the survey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WZQ5LKT

The subject of the survey is about musics perceived value, what it's worth now (not just in financial terms), how different generations view it, the age of immediacy.

Thanks! :)

Tom

Lol how come you miss the traditional form of music listening?

Yeah, I was thinking the same. It's also the best way.

That's other subject of a debate, but i also miss a simple form: MP3/FLAC on your home music system....

etc.

and the construct of the preferences are also bad....

Constructive criticism: never use Survey Monkey it's even worse than Google Survey, harder to analyze and not so reliable (even on online survey terms)

Edited by Strange Broue

Thanks to all those that have done the survey, and to all of you that are still to do it. As for the comments, there's a 'Other' option so if you prefer or predominantly use 'traditional' methods to listen to music, write it in the 'other' text box. If I included every type of listening device and method my survey would have been cluttered beyond belief and people would be less likely to complete it.

My survey isn't about what device / method people use, that's a part of it of course - but what I'm really looking at is how integral music is to peoples everyday lives, why it's integral yet not selling as well as it was 10-20yrs ago, why older generations view music differently (less likely to download) vs Young people (more likely to download), why people still buy music & why people don't buy music even though they say it's very important to them.

All the same thanks for the feedback (well the constructive parts ;) ) and thanks again for doing the survey.

I don't want to say anymore, but hopefully that clears things up somewhat.

• Like 1

No, I will not help you out.

OK? :shrugs: Nobody is being forced to do this... BUT! this is the Anything Goes section, so I suppose posting my survey is OK and you responding the way you did could be deemed ok... to me personally I thought your response was unnecessary.

OK? :shrugs: Nobody is being forced to do this... BUT! this is the Anything Goes section, so I suppose posting my survey is OK and you responding the way you did could be deemed ok... to me personally I thought your response was unnecessary.

And your reply was necessary?

I opened up the survey, answered some questions but changed my mind, figured the honest thing to do was to tell you that I wouldn't participate.

I opened up the survey, answered some questions but changed my mind, figured the honest thing to do was to tell you that I wouldn't participate.

Man! I'm not looking for an argument, I just wanted to get a few more respondents for my survey... It's totally fine with me if you didn't want to finish it. Can we leave this here, I don't want to distract from the real purpose of the thread. Tom

Edited by Tom2112

I answered the survey, but the questions that had to be ranked didn't let me change the numbers. The computer picked my numbers for me, I suppose. :) I tried.

Interesting, I'll have to see if I can edit t to change that. thanks!

Did it.

Great survey.

Can't believe some people actually complained about it - smh. Some people aren't happy unless they are criticizing others - even on a simple 10 question survey.

Thanks! much appreciated!

I answered the survey, but the questions that had to be ranked didn't let me change the numbers. The computer picked my numbers for me, I suppose. :) I tried.

Happened to me too, that's when I quit the survey. Should've mentioned that before I guess,

Did it.

Great survey.

Can't believe some people actually complained about it - smh. Some people aren't happy unless they are criticizing others - even on a simple 10 question survey.

No problem

And it let me change my numbers. They initially are pre-rated according to your answer to the question above it. But it allowed me to change the order.

And it let me change my numbers. They initially are pre-rated according to your answer to the question above it. But it allowed me to change the order.

Yes, correct, worked that way for me too.

• Like 2

Did it.

Great survey.

No problem

I tried that, too. Still didn't work. :(

Man! I'm not looking for an argument, I just wanted to get a few more respondents for my survey... It's totally fine with me if you didn't want to finish it. Can we leave this here, I don't want to distract from the real purpose of the thread. Tom

2x06-The-Fight-Animated-gif-the-office-8