The Witcher III

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so doing some reading it seems a geforce gtx 660 will run this game on high settings with an average frame rate of 40. according to a german site http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Technik-Test-1158845/a r9 280x/gtx 770 will run this game on ultra.

Wow... they must have done some serious optimization. I'll get to use PhysX too :D.

Literally just spent the last hour trying to kill The Operator (unsuccessfully) in the Loc Muinne sewers, I don't need the respec, and I want that dragon scale - going to have to load an earlier save, level up some more, and come back to get him.

From what I've been reading it isn't optimization they've just lowered the quality. The developers didn't have the manpower to produce multiple versions so they've dropped the PC specs to be in line with the consoles. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1525/15257558/2504401-6535952199-ip9VU.gif

became

http://i.imgur.com/cWf3DID.png

I do hope this isn't the case and the PC version gets the love it deserves. I'm not particularly interested in the game, I didn't like 1 or 2 but if a very PC focused developer like Projekt Red does this what hope do other AAA titles have?

Edited by Mr_Oujamaflip

From what I've been reading it isn't optimization they've just lowered the quality. The developers didn't have the manpower to produce multiple versions so they've dropped the PC specs to be in line with the consoles. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1525/15257558/2504401-6535952199-ip9VU.gif

became

I do hope this isn't the case and the PC version gets the love it deserves. I'm not particularly interested in the game, I didn't like 1 or 2 but if a very PC focused developer like Projekt Red does this what hope do other AAA titles have?

Yeah.... I started reading up on that about an hour after I posted. Seems they didn't have the budget to develop it separately on all 3 platforms and this decision was made sometime in 2013, so they just used whichever platform was the least best performing to develop it across the board. Fucking consoles. Assassins Creed does this too I believe. Very, very annoying.

became

Yeah.... I started reading up on that about an hour after I posted. Seems they didn't have the budget to develop it separately on all 3 platforms and this decision was made sometime in 2013, so they just used whichever platform was the least best performing to develop it across the board. Fucking consoles. Assassins Creed does this too I believe. Very, very annoying.

yeah unfortunately this has been the elephant in the room for a month or more now. it seems from reading the post from the rumored insider from CDPR that when they started building the game they had some kind of target in mind where the console specs would be and when the specs were released it was an "oh shit" type of situation.

i really dont want to shit on consoles but at a certain point developers and console gamers have to reach some kind of conclusion that you are going to take a graphics hit with your machines. this whole nonsense of downgrading games to equal the consoles just so the console gamers dont complain is just bullshit IMO. im not an elitist or one of those "pc master race" people but i play on pc where i can upgrade at any time i want and i can also switch off options or tweak options to get a game to run on my rig the way i want it to, consoles are just locked in so you have to expect a hit, especially over the long run. i mean the xbox 360/ps3 had 512 mb video cards for 8 years.

the only reason why im not tearing into CDPR is because the game still looks beautiful, and the biggest reason being that CDPR doesnt have the cash or the resources of ubi soft and other AAA developers. the witcher series as of 2013 has sold 6 million copies. to put that in perspective assassins creed series has sold over 73 million units itself. CDPR has only the witcher series(and soon to be cyberpunk 2077) the witcher 3 is their really first mega hyped game and hopefully a game that makes them into a huge AAA powerhouse(cyberpunk is also getting hyped) im hoping CDPR becomes that AAA developer that changes things, i may be naive in that but i hope they do.

• Like 1

Finished about 2-3 hours ago. Right on schedule. Learned a lot I didn't get to see on my first play through. Hope to see Vernon and Iorveth in 3.

i think IIRC someone said vernon was in witcher 3.

Finished about 2-3 hours ago. Right on schedule. Learned a lot I didn't get to see on my first play through. Hope to see Vernon and Iorveth in 3.

i think IIRC someone said vernon was in witcher 3.

Cool, my ending had him with Anais, implying he was going to raise her until she was strong enough to unify Temeria. One of the trailers showed a battle in Temeria in 1272.... wait, wasn't Yennefer in that trailer? She's supposed to be in Nilfgaard I thought, maybe they account for that?

While were on story issues, Emperor Tywin says to Geralt in one of the trailers, "She's [Ciri] returned Geralt.... after all of these years."

Hasn't it only been like 1-2 years? :lol:

EDIT: Also, TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!1111222!!@@!1111!!, 8 hours left.

Edited by OmarBradley

dont want to spoil too much but the emperor is right if he is talking about what i think he is talking about :book:

we are so close to launch god damn this day is going slow.

Right, I assumed he was talking about Ciri, but could be wrong about that.

Someone should make a Tywin skin so we can mod the game with it.

• Like 1

dont want to spoil too much but the emperor is right if he is talking about what i think he is talking about :book:

we are so close to launch god damn this day is going slow.

Right, I assumed he was talking about Ciri, but could be wrong about that.

Someone should make a Tywin skin so we can mod the game with it.

I think he is talking about ciri but there is some major spoilers from the book that seem to be appearing in game so I don't want to give too much away but there is a connection between the emperor and ciris family that goes back almost 20 years, its very convoluted.

You know a mod of that will happen, it has to has to happen I want it lol

Edited by bran

Didn't find out about the DRM free version until a few days ago.... oh well.

Yeah I preordered the Gog version.

1 hour!!!

Steam is going nuts right now..... went from "Pre-load complete" to "100%," and it's driving my processors hard, 50%-60%. What is happening?!?!?!

EDIT: Seems to be downloading the patch early, weird that it's not saying that though.

Edited by OmarBradley

1 hour!!!

Steam is going nuts right now..... went from "Pre-load complete" to "100%," and it's driving my processors hard, 50%-60%. What is happening?!?!?!

EDIT: Seems to be downloading the patch early, weird that it's not saying that though.

wish GOG would let me download the patch early :lol:

1 hour!!!

It's letting me play. :)

1 hour!!!

It's letting me play. :)

you sonofabitch :lol:

Well, I'm pretty pissed. Shaders are flickering out of control, even on Medium settings......

Game doesn't feel "smooth," how am I the only one to have this happen.... countless reviews.....

Even on "Low" settings this is persisting.... I'm going to reinstall I guess?

EDIT: It seems to have stopped..... for now. Gonna keep on playing and see. Nope, just happening less often.......

Edited by OmarBradley

Yeah everything is 100% awesome now. No idea why it was such a fucked start, but that NVIDIA driver fixed everything. Running most things on Ultra, haven't tried Hairworks yet.

Just running around killing Drowners and Bandits, current main obj is ask the Nilfgaardian garrison about Yen.

EDIT: Just got a quest from the village board to go find................ Odrin! Love that, hope to see little things like this all over the game from the past two.

Edited by OmarBradley

Yeah everything is 100% awesome now. No idea why it was such a fucked start, but that NVIDIA driver fixed everything. Running most things on Ultra, haven't tried Hairworks yet.

Just running around killing Drowners and Bandits, current main obj is ask the Nilfgaardian garrison about Yen.

EDIT: Just got a quest from the village board to go find................ Odrin! Love that, hope to see little things like this all over the game from the past two.

yeah had to get something to eat, just started playing again. there might have been a graphics downgrade but it is still utterly beautiful.

Think I'm about done for the night; if I were 3-5 years younger, I may have stayed up till 3AM playing, lol. I want to savor it now, though this definitely won't be a short game.

Really pleased with it, very rough start - guess NVIDIA knew about that, the newest driver fixed everything. I did have a few crashes after updating, all 3 around the same time too - didn't change any settings :shrugs:.

The writing is definitely better than the first two games and the facial motion/NPC stuff is amazing, still feels a bit like the player is thrown into the story haphazardly... even though I played both games previously. When did we link up with Vesemir? Where has he been the past 1-2 years?

Guess we'll find out how Yen recovered her memory.

Did your W2 save side with Saskia/non-humans? Would be interested to know the differences even from the early parts of the game. I'm pretty sure Ves referred to Henselt as dead, which is right from my W2 save.

Anyway, I did a bunch of side quests: killed a noonwraith, found some villager's lost brother who was a Temerian soldier, recovered a merchant's medicine, killed some bandits. And did all of the set up to kill the griffon. Think I have 1 or 2 more side quests before I do that though.

The game looks great, I'm hesitant to give the aesthetics high praise, because I know they could have been even better. But, if that were the case, I doubt I could run it on the settings I have it at now with just one 970.

Just scratching the surface with this game, so much more to do.