The Self Employment Thread

Gracii Guns

I honestly wanted to cry when I saw the prices for shops to rent in London.

http://www.shopproperty.co.uk/shops-to-let/London

£2, 000, 000 PA (Per year)! for a shop on Oxford Street.

Surely that's affordable to you, with all the money drug dealing brings in?

Give the lad a break eh Grace? It's the first time he's seen the cost of rent in London when it's not covered on the social. :lol:

To be fair, the only big investment I want to make in my life is to own a city centre building in York to run a cafe from it, and even that's completely delusional, it may as well be Harrods!

Snakes, follow your dreams!

• Like 1

I've taken the week off work to set up F Star Star K Ltd.

Went to this meeting I booked myself this week from A4E, same lot that got me off jobseekers and into full time employment... I went to talk about my company, I also took my UTR number with me, that I got as a contractor for this job in October... Turned out it wasn't a 1 on 1 meeting, it was a seminar, and it was full of people who sign on at the jobcentre looking for work and me.. So I sat through an hour of "You can do any business you want, what are your hobbys?" "When you get a UTR number, you will have to sign off JSA"... So I'm there, taking notes, following it all, with my Ltd certificate and paperwork in my company folder and my UTR number in my personal folder which was just this UTR"... So honestly, when they said you'd get a working tax credit when you sign off, I was like 'Oh?'... and signed up for that and can only have it back dated a month from today.. So that's £53.00 extra because I work full time and earn under a certain amount, I think. - At the end thankfully, the mentor I thought I was booked in for a free 1 on 1 session offered them out and took interest in my input, I showed him my things to update my file with this company A4E who seem to have made it their business to keep me in work, so, kudos on them.

At the end, there was this girl who was thinking about doing an arts & design business, I joked and asked her for input, since she was also a part of this meeting, about designing me a logo.

I showed her what I had on my phone, didn't like her input but wasn't rude, and the mentor said something interesting to me regarding me and this girl;

If you hire her, we can pay her for you. So if she designs me a logo, they'll pay her, and I get a logo paid for by them...

Nice idea, I wonder if that goes to trademark registration fees?

I'd love to... Hire some company to do what I want to have done, they pay that company, and I get what I want to have done, this one thing which is vital for me paid for by them.

..There's no harm in asking/I'm going to ask A4E! - Who knows what that artist would have charged to design me one, difference is, I know how much I need to do what needs to be done.

Also started my enrolment into business school... Passed their assessment test, have to enroll. Getting student loan.

I want to.... Use money from my wages plus my working tax credit plus my student finance, and raise money to make money for money's sake.

Also, this displeases me :)

http://www.effek.it/en

Edited by Snake-Pit

Selling weed is not really very profitable, only gives you a bit of spending money, unless you're doing massive grows, in which case he's a wise enough boy to know better than to gob off on internet forums about it.

He is? :lol:

Well, one would like to think so, if i don't stick up for my fellow southern nancy who will, we're a bit cornered round here by all you dingles :lol:

Went to this meeting I booked myself this week from A4E, same lot that got me off jobseekers and into full time employment... I went to talk about my company, I also took my UTR number with me, that I got as a contractor for this job in October... Turned out it wasn't a 1 on 1 meeting, it was a seminar, and it was full of people who sign on at the jobcentre looking for work and me.. So I sat through an hour of "You can do any business you want, what are your hobbys?" "When you get a UTR number, you will have to sign off JSA"... So I'm there, taking notes, following it all, with my Ltd certificate and paperwork in my company folder and my UTR number in my personal folder which was just this UTR"... So honestly, when they said you'd get a working tax credit when you sign off, I was like 'Oh?'... and signed up for that and can only have it back dated a month from today.. So that's £53.00 extra because I work full time and earn under a certain amount, I think. - At the end thankfully, the mentor I thought I was booked in for a free 1 on 1 session offered them out and took interest in my input, I showed him my things to update my file with this company A4E who seem to have made it their business to keep me in work, so, kudos on them.

At the end, there was this girl who was thinking about doing an arts & design business, I joked and asked her for input, since she was also a part of this meeting, about designing me a logo.

I showed her what I had on my phone, didn't like her input but wasn't rude, and the mentor said something interesting to me regarding me and this girl;

If you hire her, we can pay her for you. So if she designs me a logo, they'll pay her, and I get a logo paid for by them...

I'd love to... Hire some company to do what I want to have done, they pay that company, and I get what I want to have done, this one thing which is vital for me paid for by them.

..There's no harm in asking/I'm going to ask A4E! - Who knows what that artist would have charged to design me one, difference is, I know how much I need to do what needs to be done.

Also started my enrolment into business school... Passed their assessment test, have to enroll. Getting student loan.

I want to.... Use money from my wages plus my working tax credit plus my student finance, and raise money to make money for money's sake.

What type of business are you starting?

What type of business are you starting?

Well...

Fashion is telling me, stay out, that's mine, even when I tried to help it and register my logo idea, but a free lesson learned with a report I found this week about an Italian company who dared trademark my witty-gritty trademark idea got refused in North America.

Fashion is telling me, stay out, that's mine, even when I tried to help it and register my logo idea, but a free lesson learned with a report I found this week about an Italian company who dared trademark my witty-gritty trademark idea got refused in North America.

You seem to go on at length about trademarks and logos and such shit, and although that is an important part of a business, too, where are your fashion designs? Or is your business model to sell the logo? ;D

You seem to go on at length about trademarks and logos and such shit, and although that is an important part of a business, too, where are your fashion designs? Or is your business model to sell the logo? ;D

Give him a chance, he's only a beginner y'know :lol:

Keep up will you. As if he wouldnt have thought of a detail like that. He's got a room full of fake Burberry and Louis Vuitton. I'm assuming the plan is to unstitch their logo and stick F**K over them. Job done right Snakes?

Keep up will you. As if he wouldnt have thought of a detail like that. He's got a room full of fake Burberry and Louis Vuitton. I'm assuming the plan is to unstitch their logo and stick F**K over them. Job done right Snakes?

:lol:

I've, since a young age, knew about Delaware.

:)

Yesterday I concocted a plan to register a foreign holding company that I can also be board member of in some Tax Haven, having been blessed with my own family's migration to that part of the country giving me what I know about Delaware and its proximity to family out there (in PA & NJ).. Delaware just was my choice to do that but also, set foot in the United States, corporality..

Which is part of the end goal for me anyway..

So just now, I found :lol: believe it or not, didn't take me long, Googled it... and up came this service...

http://www.sfm-offshore.com/jurisdictionsoffshore.html

And I had to laugh when I saw it's list of countries. :lol:

Anyway, I KNOW David Cameron's government is cracking down on offshores.

Again, another reason for me to exercise my vote at the ballot box, but what can you do?

However, talking to a prospective accountant about my idea, was responded with

"The government is cracking down on those, we won't have any part of that"..

But then, they said; "Any money I get is taxed anyway, so what's the point?"

I still want my offshore holding company! - It's from £299 a month. Which will make me in England poorer...

But for that, I wish for my company to become a multinational and set my foot into America on the books all at the same time, while I'm 29! :lol:..

Sure, Delaware is pretty sweet and was always going to be where I'd open a company in America, just because of it's lucrative business laws and proximity to where I know/go in America.

So I may still prompt my accountant to help me with this and see how much they'd charge, because I believe it is legal to have an offshore for tax reasons DESPITE any forthcoming crackdown on the practise, but it is CERTAINLY legal, I feel, to have an offshore for completely non tax purposes but for purposes of growing the company and checking stuff off a checklist, if you will, so I will have to have that on the table with any accountant I hire.

Edited by Snake-Pit

You're an idiot.

I'd be an idiot with an offshore holding company as a way to invest into my future in the hope for the option of getting myself a Green Card too..

I don't think that's idiotic.

I want to expand my company to America, and what?

Edited by Snake-Pit

It's not going to be cheap, it's not going to be easy, but if I do all that anyway, I'd want a Green Card in order to do that, so I guess that makes sense.

Employees have rights, and these things take money.

And have taxes to answer too.

So if I were to ever hire anyone in America, even me, there would be a whole lot of paperwork and (perhaps) money involved.

I'd have to invest $1, 000, 000 (about £670, 000) into creating jobs in order for me to get my Green Card... but if ever spent that amount of money to employ people in Delaware, I'd want to move closer to Delaware.

Edited by Snake-Pit