Bumblefoot - Villain Or Hero?

I'd like to state that I didn't write this article nor had anything to with it being written or published at all.

337512478_800.png

For us Guns N' Roses fans, the drama "Guns N' Roses V. Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal" was longer than expected. And it didn't have a happy ending. In this special article we'll tell you reader all the details that weren't shown to the public.

Bumblefoot and Team Brazil - and an unfriendly relation

A little blue bird told us that the Lebeis had a series of problems due to the former GNR guitarist, inclduing him publicly saying that the band disturbed his solo carreer, that the late starts bothering him and that he was outworn and tired of the new album. Backstage, Ron told a member of the Axl Rose - Fã Clube that Axl was not responsable for things not working out with Guns N' Roses, that it was purely Team Brazil's fault. In response, Team Brazil said, in the background that "Bumble is very hard to handle, because he wants things to happen his way, and that's not how it works. Who runs the band is Axl Rose and the Lebeis." After Ron talking too much about his possible departure from Guns N' Roses, Team Brazil scolded him and then he didn't touch the subject again. Recently he told a lot of it to Rolling Stone, though.

Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba- A crisis of jealousy.

According to people connected to Axl Rose, Bumblefoot didn't accept that DJ Ashba was closer to Rose and had more fans. This jealousy between Ron and DJ created a lot of conflicts between them.

Bumblefoot and Guns N' Roses - Why the Mummery?

One thing we sincerely can't understand is why so much mummery and drama? Wouldn't it been easier if you had announced anything to us fans? No, both parts prefered to leave us in the dark. Both treated the situation with an enormous negligence, this had never happened in the history of the band.

Source

Edited by ManetsBR

As much as I think he can be overly sensitive and dramatic, it's hard to fault Ron for some of this.

The late starts can be a huge problem, it's likely frustrating dealing with a management team that has no formal background in running a big rock and roll band, and, for the life of me, I can't figure out why there's Ashba (and even Finck) when two very clearly superior players are in the band and could easily take those parts (Bucket & Bumble).

Shame to lose Ron, he usually kept it real with fans and GNR could use his skills.

• Like 1

This is what GnR has come to? Kids that probably weren't born when AFD was out writing articles about a guy that (as nice as he is) nobody outside of these boards will ever remember as being a true member of the band. Bumble is neither a hero nor a villain. He's a guy that was hired to play in GnR and did so. I do commend him for using what celebrity status he has for raising awareness for charities he believes in.

• Like 2

Manets, you omitted a part of the article where it says jealousy between Ron and Dj created a lot of conflicts between them. I don't know if you're still in touch with Matheus Davanso (this article's author) but I'd like to know his source for this. The only time I recall them having a go at each other was on Twitter (the 'don't bite the hands that feed you' tweet) and yet, it's not clear it was towards Ron.

Do you know Matheus' source or is it "According to [unnamed] people directly connected to Axl Rose" as well?

I'd like to state that I didn't write this article nor had anything to with it being written or published at all.

337512478_800.png

For us Guns N' Roses fans, the drama "Guns N' Roses V. Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal" was longer than expected. And it didn't have a happy ending. In this special article we'll tell you reader all the details that weren't shown to the public.

Bumblefoot and Team Brazil - and an unfriendly relation

A little blue bird told us that the Lebeis had a series of problems due to the former GNR guitarist, inclduing him publicly saying that the band disturbed his solo carreer, that the late starts bothering him and that he was outworn and tired of the new album. Backstage, Ron told a member of the Axl Rose - Fã Clube that Axl was not responsable for things not working out with Guns N' Roses, that it was purely Team Brazil's fault. In response, Team Brazil said, in the background that "Bumble is very hard to handle, because he wants things to happen his way, and that's not how it works. Who runs the band is Axl Rose and the Lebeis." After Ron talking too much about his possible departure from Guns N' Roses, Team Brazil scolded him and then he didn't touch the subject again. Recently he told a lot of it to Rolling Stone, though.

Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba- A crisis of jealousy.

According to people connected to Axl Rose, Bumblefoot didn't accept that DJ Ashba was closer to Rose and had more fans. This jealousy between Ron and DJ created a lot of conflicts between them.

Bumblefoot and Guns N' Roses - Why the Mummery?

One thing we sincerely can't understand is why so much mummery and drama? Wouldn't it been easier if you had announced anything to us fans? No, both parts prefered to leave us in the dark. Both treated the situation with an enormous negligence, this had never happened in the history of the band.

Source

That photo reminds me a lot of the post 93 Argentenian photo of Axl and Slash. The personal distance and creative dissonance is apparent.

I think the history of people leaving this band speaks for itself. The management team and Axl are clearly the problem. I'd love to hear someone's argument against it.

At this point I think the number of Alumni is more indicative of the bands longevity and sustained greatness than it is of anything else. Its a testament to omnipotence.

So he left the band because he was tired of late starts, having to shuffle his own personal plans around at the last minute to ease GN'R, having a huge band managed by people with little to no managerial experience, playing off the same album for six years (even longer if you count 2006-2007), and playing second fiddle to a guitarist who would be dicey to have on-board as a rhythm guitarist much less a lead guitarist?

And people think Ron is the "bad guy?"

Some of his beefs are absolutely legit.

But he is as un-savvy when it comes to P.R. and handling media as you will ever see.

I meant it as clownery, slapstick. Sorry for the translation.

So if you had nothing to do with the "article" why are you explaining what you meant in the article?

So he left the band because he was tired of late starts, having to shuffle his own personal plans around at the last minute to ease GN'R, having a huge band managed by people with little to no managerial experience, playing off the same album for six years (even longer if you count 2006-2007), and playing second fiddle to a guitarist who would be dicey to have on-board as a rhythm guitarist much less a lead guitarist?

At first I didn't know if you were referring to Izzy, Slash, Buckethead, Robin, or Ron.

• Like 1

Because I translated it and am taking responsability for a interpretation I was responsible for?

I might not exactly be the Columbo of Hair Metal, but I'm on to you pal.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Because I translated it and am taking responsability for a interpretation I was responsible for?

I might not exactly be the Columbo of Hair Metal, but I'm on to you pal.

LMFAO at "Columbo of Hair Metal" 10 sealed copies of Chinese Democracy from the Dollar Store for you,good Sir.

• Like 1