Platform Exclusives

platform exclusives  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shit, because I would only buy a Nintendo for Zelda, Mario and Metroid and nothing else. Nintendo has been making shitty consoles for your grandma for 8/9 years now. Anyway I'd rather play on my PC (although nothing seems to catch my interest these days).

Then there's stupid shit like the new Tomb Raider coming this year that will temporarily be an Xbox exclusive before it's released for PS4 and whatnot. It makes no sense. It's not going to sell more consoles if it's coming to the other platforms anyways. Xbox gamers like myself will end up paying more because we'll have to buy all the DLC whereas the eventual other console release will likely be a "complete edition" so really, everybody loses.

I think they're a good thing, they bring out the best in each other. I don't think we'd have as good Mario games as we do now if they weren't being pushed by Sonic. Look at what's happened to Sonic since that it's not competing against another exclusive series. Would The Last Of Us/Uncharted/Halo/Gears of War all be as good if they were cross-console? Maybe, maybe not, but it makes for good console wars. I completely agree that the timed exclusives like the Tomb Raider deal is a bit silly, but I don't really care.