Duff Mckagan Talks about Axl and GNR

New interview with duff, he talks about his book, about his life, his daughters, GNR, Axl and the Current Line up

What do you have to say to those people who say the current lineup isn't Guns N' Roses, and that Axl shouldn't call the band Guns N' Roses?

That's a personal opinion. You know, I look what that guy's done with those guys, I got respect for that guy [Axl]. He's been out there working, and that shit ain't easy. It might look easy or look like, "Oh, I'll grab this player and this guy and the other guy." It just doesn't work like that. So... um pass on that question, it's not for me to say, it's really not for me to say. I have moved on so far away from that, so to be brought back to that now would be a little silly.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/interviews/a34789/duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-interview/

• Like 1

Duff can be a good Politician, he can even win he if gets in to politics

Imagine Axl elected as the president has to take the oath in 2016, everyone keeps on waiting and he shows up in 2020

If Steven Adler gets in to politics then it will be good for some people as he will legalize a few things lol

If Izzy gets in to politics then everyone will be like WHERE IS IZZY?

if Slash gets in to politics then he will force everyone to tattoo the coordinates of him and meegan (See Gunner PT, I dont always side with Slash)

If Ashba gets in to politics then it would be compulsory for everyone to buy his Swag and the white house will be called the SWAG House

• Like 3

It's really the only answer he can give without lying (saying it is GNR) and without getting himself on Axl's enemy list (saying it's obviously not GNR).

Yup, he doesn't wants to be the next Steven Adler

Duff knows he has chances of doing some more shows with Axl's band and IF Tommy leaves then Duff will be the first person to be given the call to come back

Duff shouldn't play with fakegnr. Sometimes, he's really spineless.

But well at the moment I dont blame him, He will earn much more money than touring with Loaded, VR's case is over, so touring with Axl's band is a good deal for him and he will be playing his own parts which he composed, so nothing wrong in that

That's how you answer questions, if you don't want to get into Axl's childish enemy list, Slash.

Fixed.
Fixed to the advantages of reality.

Fixed.

Ok, back on topic. Nice words from Duff. Guy is pure class.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 1

That's how you answer questions, if you don't want to get into Axl's childish enemy list, Slash.

Fixed.

No kidding.

Unlike a few fans on this forum, Slash's world doesn't revolve around trying to praise and make Axl happy.

Slash and Axl are peers. Neither one needs to suck up to the other.

The fact that some people think that Slash needs to try and butter Axl up or worry about Axl's feelings is just ludicrous. And actually, a bit embarrassing as well.

New interview with duff, he talks about his book, about his life, his daughters, GNR, Axl and the Current Line up

What do you have to say to those people who say the current lineup isn't Guns N' Roses, and that Axl shouldn't call the band Guns N' Roses?

That's a personal opinion. You know, I look what that guy's done with those guys, I got respect for that guy [Axl]. He's been out there working, and that shit ain't easy. It might look easy or look like, "Oh, I'll grab this player and this guy and the other guy." It just doesn't work like that. So... um pass on that question, it's not for me to say, it's really not for me to say. I have moved on so far away from that, so to be brought back to that now would be a little silly.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/interviews/a34789/duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-interview/

yep, he is definitely trying to be cool with Axl.

If Stinson ever leave, Duff will fill in

Class act my arse, he's blatantly stroking the bastard off to pad the ol' pension fund with a couple more reunion stretches :lol:

Duff doesn't need money. He could not work another day in his life and still spend like crazy.