The MTV Music Awards

Its not that he did a bad job, he was just a little out of breath from everything that was going on at the last minute. He could have been a little nervous being up there and the fact that it was at the last minute.

I agree Marc. Did he ever mention anything to you about it?

Its not that he did a bad job, he was just a little out of breath from everything that was going on at the last minute. He could have been a little nervous being up there and the fact that it was at the last minute.

so in other words, the performance was bad

As far as i know, a singer can capable to breath even on these circumstances, if he is a professional

I understand that he was nervous, but he was nervous on the whole 16 shows on that tour (2002)? He was nervous in 2001 RIR?

How come he was not nervous in 2006, and in 2009, 2010?

I know that i'm sounding like a dick, but c'mon...

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

I think in the early Nu-era, he was still attempting to move around like UYI era Axl. 10 years makes a lot of difference in your athletic ability, and finding your breath and singing at the same time isn't easy when you sing songs like Axl - not to mention, it's not normal to be able to sing and run around like he did in the 90s either. I think he was still finding his footing in 2000/2002 after having not played a real live show since the early 90s.

I think in the early Nu-era, he was still attempting to move around like UYI era Axl. 10 years makes a lot of difference in your athletic ability, and finding your breath and singing at the same time isn't easy when you sing songs like Axl - not to mention, it's not normal to be able to sing and run around like he did in the 90s either. I think he was still finding his footing in 2000/2002 after having not played a real live show since the early 90s.

Good point. I actually don't think he needs to push himself that hard anymore. Even in '06 when he was in some of the best shape of his life (both vocally and physically) I'd see him run and think "Jesus, don't exhaust yourself."

so in other words, the performance was bad

As far as i know, a singer can capable to breath even on these circumstances, if he is a professional

I understand that he was nervous, but he was nervous on the whole 16 shows on that tour (2002)? He was nervous in 2001 RIR?

How come he was not nervous in 2006, and in 2009, 2010?

I know that i'm sounding like a dick, but c'mon...

He had a bit of a helium voice, but I was at Boston in 2002 and he owned that fuckin stage. Wasn't out of breath. One of my favorite shows of all time. Edited by drtydane