No New Album in 2015 (sorry guys)

Like it or not, any future GNR album will probably have DJ playing on it a hell of a lot , reunion I'll never happen so if u want a new album this is what you'll get

A new album is probably as unlikely as a one-off reunion right now. It is actually more likely to get a Robin/Bucket leftover demo or leak than to see DJ and Axl hit the studio. If it happen, call me one surprised motherfucker 'cause Axl has rediscovered the wonders of being a rich dude livin' off past glory.

I don't think he's ruined the brand one bit. He worked hard to keep the brand alive. Even Duff said that man...

You think that if someone randomly bought A4D they wouldn't come away with a degraded opinion of GNR?

No. I see no reason why they should or would. If they did some fact checking, they'd quickly realize that shit happened and people quit the band and Axl kept it going. Why should Axl throw it all away because others quit?

You missed my point. It's the low quality performance contained on the disc that I was referring to, not the performers themselves.

I did miss your point dude. Sorry. Went right over my head due to too much stress in my personal life...

I guess it's a timing thing. It made sense business wise and reviews on Amazon are quite positive. Forgiving of the Kenny Powers and Johnny Depp of rock.

Did the rumours not state that Axl fired Fernando for putting this out?

Maybe Axl thinks its shit too.

I reckon he just lets them go when there's no tour. I wouldn't read too much into it.

That would be very Dougie-esque.

I've watched it 3 or 4 times there's no real terrible points. I normally shudder on Better. It's a little sterile because its Vegas but overall entertainment value is good. Fortus is good for Heavens Door.

Maybe Axl didn't want to put it out though. It would just be out as a bootleg anyway like O2.

Too bad, you didn't heard his vocals then (the most important factor if you're really take seriously this coverband)

I think GnR has three possibilities now:

- One last tour/Residency (ugh) and it's done.

- New album and a proper world tour and it's done.

- Celebration Day sort of reunion, a one off with Axl, Slash, Steven, Duff and Izzy that would be released in all formats and it's done.

Plus

- No new album, retirement

- New album WITHOUT touring the new songs (yeah, Axl logic, i know, but it's possible since his voice is gone)

- Endless toruing when they found out the new guitarist, no new album, then retire, then release the new album

- Reunion with Slash, new album etc., but i think we have a better chance to Axl dies next week from cardiofibratic failure because of exercise

and reviews on Amazon are quite positive.

Amazon reviews are 80% positive on almost everything. They're not reliable at all.

Appetite for Democracy not only does have a ridiculous name, it is a terrible show. Rockfuel did a great job with the technical aspect of the release, it is the content that is utter shit.

I think GnR has three possibilities now:

- One last tour/Residency (ugh) and it's done.

- New album and a proper world tour and it's done.

- Celebration Day sort of reunion, a one off with Axl, Slash, Steven, Duff and Izzy that would be released in all formats and it's done.

Maybe nothing til Rock in Rio 2021. Axl gets a line up together and tour a Best of GNR put out by the label.

and reviews on Amazon are quite positive.

Amazon reviews are 80% positive on almost everything. They're not reliable at all.

Appetite for Democracy not only does have a ridiculous name, it is a terrible show. Rockfuel did a great job with the technical aspect of the release, it is the content that is utter shit.

True, fans have bought it so maybe they are biased. But I've followed Deaver books and they get average reviews now.

I just don't think A4D is that bad it's more entertaining than U2s 360 show. People accept live isn't going to be like the record or 50 year isn't going to 20 year old it.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

That is sad news....Guns nowadays seems to be nothing but a Facebook channel posting cat videos and happy hump days wishes. Such a shame, but then again expected in a way. It is my Impression that Mr. Rose seems to think he has all the time in the world.

Time to enjoy the bands that actually do tour and produce albums once in a while. Have just been at an AC/DC show with 120.000 people :headbang::headbang: Considering their troubles, age and lineup changes it was damn good!!

• Like 1

No new album means no Ashba on a GNR studio album. Best GNR news in years.

I'd rather have Dj Ashba on a studio album than on the stage ...

Hard to say. If DJ in studio means anything like Sixx AM or that Better Remix, man.... I prefer Hulk Hogan SCOM.

I just don't think A4D is that bad it's more entertaining than U2s 360 show. People accept live isn't going to be like the record or 50 year isn't going to 20 year old it.

It definitely isn't more entertaining than U2's 360 show. A4D is a terrible show with a frontman dying on stage. If people enjoy cracking vocals, and mediocre performances, I guess that's their thing.

It's not the best show they did but it's pretty decent representation of the show they have and people do enjoy it. I don't have a problem with rough vocals. Its rock music.

No, it isn't. The current band has had better shows in the last years. The one released is shit. I don't have a problem with rough vocals either, I do have a problem with a lazy frontman cash-grabbing the shit out of the legacy of the band I love.

It's not the best show they did but it's pretty decent representation of the show they have and people do enjoy it. I don't have a problem with rough vocals. Its rock music.

No, it isn't. The current band has had better shows in the last years. The one released is shit. I don't have a problem with rough vocals either, I do have a problem with a lazy frontman cash-grabbing the shit out of the legacy of the band I love.
That's what I said its not the best show. But it's a good show. It's a bit more of a pop rock show than those epic classic rock shows for the UYI tour.

The cash grab thing is irrelevant now. If you can't get over that Axl uses the name then sure. But it's just a band not some sacred legacy thing.

Its all about you I guess. The band you love doesn't exist anymore and they can't even be friends enough to Chat let alone a reunion. So how sacred is it to the band. That wonderful time when we all hated each other and made great music.

I'd love a reunion but I'm not interested in this bitterness at all. There's a ton of stuff to hate in the world more important than Axls band you know?

Edited by wasted

That's what I said its not the best show. But it's a good show. It's a bit more of a pop rock show than those epic classic rock shows for the UYI tour.

The cash grab thing is irrelevant now. If you can't get over that Axl uses the name then sure. But it's just a band not some sacred legacy thing.

Its all about you I guess. The band you love doesn't exist anymore and they can't even be friends enough to Chat let alone a reunion. So how sacred is it to the band. That wonderful time when we all hated each other and made great music.

I'd love a reunion but I'm not interested in this bitterness at all. There's a ton of stuff to hate in the world more important than Axls band you know?

Well said

AFD is better than U2's boring DVD, but the AC/DC river plate DVD is miles better

I heard that River Plate cd on a flight. I think I mentioned in relation to GNR releasing a similar cd. Kind of if you buy the bonus cd set.

But I'll check that ACDC show. There's just so many cool moments on A4D though. Admittedly not all like vocal related. I remember This I Love being kind of impressive.