The Rolling Stones best song debate.

Towelie

Also love this one:

Remember reading this thing about this vietnam vet saying they heard this song all over Vietnam during the war and it was like his mates favorite song and he died over in Nam and like, nobody was found, presumed dead and he cant listen to it, just hears it now and remembers his mate.

I have so many favorites but right now the one that I can't get enough of right now is "Midnight Rambler" from the 69 tour "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out" album. That track to me is the perfect Stones live song with it's driving riff and the band was incredibly tight with none of the sloppiness in their live shows that would become the norm in later tours.

I love the 69 tour as the band had not toured anywhere in many years, they were reenergized with the addition of Mick Taylor and they had a minimum stage setup and had not yet become the jaded rock stars they became with the 72 tour.

Edited by classicrawker

I probably couldn't even decide on a top 10 or maybe even a top 20.

You Can't Always Get What You Want, Paint It Black, Satisfaction, Get Off My Cloud, Jumpin Jack Flash, She Said Yeah, Slipping Away, Ruby Tuesday, Salt Of The Earth, Start Me Up, Brown Suger, Little T&A, Gimme Shelter, Mignight Rampbler, Let Ir Bleed, Sway, Bitch, Tumbling Dice, Sweet Virginia, Angie, Fool To Cry, Miss You, Shine A Light, She's A Rainbow, Sympathy, Under My Thumb, That's How Strong My Love Is, Under Assistant West Coast Promo Man, Time Is On My Side, Out Of Time, Street Fighting Man, Wild Horses, Happy, You Got The Silver, Loving Cup, Starfucker (Star Star), Far Away Eyes, Highwire, Dead Flowers...

I mean... fuck. The Stones have WAY too much good stuff for that. And that's all top of my head! I just know that if I check out all their albums that list is going to double.

MAYBE I could do a top 10 (not in order)

Brown Sugar, Sway, Cant You Hear Me Knocking, Dead Flowers, Sympathy For The Devil, Gimme Shelter, Shine A Light, Let it Loose, Wild Horses, Jumping Jack Flash, Let It Ble- oh, I'm already at 10. Nevermind

Miss You

No.

No u

It's legitimately one of the most overrated songs of all time. Is it a good song? Sure. But is it one of the Stones' absolute best songs? Hell no. It's not even in the top 5 on Some Girls, let alone against the rest of their discography.