What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Do you not think they lay it on a bit in that Boston one?

Yes, and yes. James Brown merely saw another gig and a wad of cash, yet now he is the saviour of civil rights. He was even moaning about money when he found out that they were screening it on television.

Probably the greatest show ever filmed. James Brown proceeds to whip the audience, a curious hybrid of French hippies and sharp looking black people, into a sweaty sexual frenzy, the likes of which has rarely been seen or heard - the whole place is going berserk. This is the original, and what is widely considered the greatest, lineup of the JB's, with the Collins brothers.

The quality is a bit iffy but you are barely noticing by the end.

Edited by DieselDaisy

James Brown - Paris, 1966 and 1967. There are individual clips on youtube such as,

However the whole thing can be downloaded here, http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f146/dvdful-james-brown-and-the-famous-flames-olympia-theater-paris-1966-amp-1967-pro-110797.html

21 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Careful son, you almost sounded hippy hoppy there :lol:

You should see the fashions on show! I suspect In the Jungle Groove, which I'm listening to now incidentally, is as close to the hippy hoppy genre as I will get.

You should see the fashions on how.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

James Brown - Paris, 1966 and 1967. There are individual clips on youtube such as,

However the whole thing can be downloaded here, http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f146/dvdful-james-brown-and-the-famous-flames-olympia-theater-paris-1966-amp-1967-pro-110797.html

You should see the fashions on show! I suspect In the Jungle Groove, which I'm listening to now incidentally, is as close to the hippy hoppy genre as I will get.

You should see the fashions on how.

I'm amazed you're discovering James Brown so late in the day man, where you been?

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm amazed you're discovering James Brown so late in the day man, where you been?

I have had a hits album for decades. I think he is one of those artists who has had too many hits albums - a bit like Elvis. People just know the hits and do not explore the oeuvre.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is the James brown biopic much cop? I just do not fancy it. I think biopics are 99.9% dross. I cannot bring myself around to watching it, although it has quite good reviews.

Never watched it, I prefer documentaries with the real thing in em.

EDIT: actually i tell a lie, I did watch it!  Was alright, not bad, wouldnt go out of my way for it.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2016 at 7:23 PM, Len Cnut said:

Careful son, you almost sounded hippy hoppy there :lol:

I will not listen to Public Image, they are hippy hoppy!

But...that is Johnny Rotten's band!

But but...they are a 80s hippy hop group!

I'm confused!

:lol: (just fuckin with you Diesel!)

• 3 weeks later...