What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

Len Cnut

34 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Meanwhile, that same year, over in London something was a-brewin' :D

My boys weren't even expected to get much love, much less win the crowd over and steal the show from almighty Jagger.

As for your boys, yeah they came out hard.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Y'know what, I never listened to Skynrd in my life.

See, most people just know Sweet Home Alabama, a song I wish they never recorded now (even though they took shots at Neil Young, they got beef!) and they see all the southern stuff and they get this fast misconception. They were really a great band. Great great great guitars, straight up rock with some old country and blues here and there. And Ronnie Van Zant is my boy. He could be serious, deep, funny, smart-ass, he didn't mix words much, straight shooter. But it's also a territorial sound so I get why some don't love them.

I'll hook you up. See what ya think.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J Dog said:

See, most people just know Sweet Home Alabama, a song I wish they never recorded now (even though they took shots at Neil Young, they got beef!) and they see all the southern stuff and they get this fast misconception. They were really a great band. Great great great guitars, straight up rock with some old country and blues here and there. And Ronnie Van Zant is my boy. He could be serious, deep, funny, smart-ass, he didn't mix words much, straight shooter. But it's also a territorial sound so I get why some don't love them.

I'll hook you up. See what ya think.

Yeah, why not, I'll have a listen!  I love Credence and they're pretty territorial sounding, i just...I really don't know why I never listened to em.  Didn't a load of em die in a plane crash?

Edited by Len Cnut

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, why not, I'll have a listen!  I love Credence and they're pretty territorial sounding, i just...I really don't know why I never listened to em.  Didn't a load of em die in a plane crash?

Why not :lol: you a trip cuz.

Theyre a tad more by the numbers than CCR but it's not bad. They grew up in everglade country.

Yeah like half of them died including the lead singer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Why not :lol: you a trip cuz.

Theyre a tad more by the numbers than CCR but it's not bad. They grew up in everglade country.

Yeah like half of them died including the lead singer.

Some shit just escapes me clean, i dunno why :lol:  Huge artists too.  For instance i don't think I've ever listened to a whole Queen album.  Or Bruce Springsteen.  Or...I dunno, since i ain't listened to em they ain't clear in my mind like that, a lot of these big 80s bands, Crue, Poison, Warrant.  Iron Maiden I never heard an album of and can't even think of a song from.  

Yeah, see, i remember hearing about their death on Johnny Rottens radio spot thing called 'Rotten Day' where he used to pick a day in rock n roll history and say what happened on it in a really horrible sarcastic deprecating way :lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Some shit just escapes me clean, i dunno why :lol:  Huge artists too.  For instance i don't think I've ever listened to a whole Queen album.  Or Bruce Springsteen.  Or...I dunno, since i ain't listened to em they ain't clear in my mind like that, a lot of these big 80s bands, Crue, Poison, Warrant.  Iron Maiden I never heard an album of and can't even think of a song from.  

Yeah, see, i remember hearing about their death on Johnny Rottens radio spot thing called 'Rotten Day' where he used to pick a day in rock n roll history and say what happened on it in a really horrible sarcastic deprecating way :lol:

Oh they're better than all that bullshit you just rattled off.

• Like 1

great singer. great loss. i also felt bad for Steve and Cassie Gaines' parents, two kids dying in that way. wonder what direction Skynyrd would gave gone in as Steve was

being primed to do some of the singing.

"For instance i don't think I've ever listened  Bruce Springsteen."

@Len Cnutnot with a gun to my head!:facepalm:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Name me an album boss.

you really have not heard Skynyrd before? i have albums from my bro buried somewhere in my storage sheds but they are like true Southern Rock. they have fast songs, they have sad songs, they have like the #1 play it at my funeral if i die song ( which i really don't like...too many bad memories plus has been played ad nauseum. ) but like @J Dog said Sweet Home Alabama kinda brought them down ( which was in answer to Neil Young's Southern Man. ) :P

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

you really have not heard Skynyrd before? i have albums from my bro buried somewhere in my storage sheds but they are like true Southern Rock. they have fast songs, they have sad songs, they have like the #1 play it at my funeral if i die song ( which i really don't like...too many bad memories plus has been played ad nauseum. ) but like @J Dog said Sweet Home Alabama kinda brought them down ( which was in answer to Neil Young's Southern Man. ) :P

See being as how i ain't heard em song'll be fresh to me.  There ain't really a market for Southern American rock in England, only reason I've heard of Credence is...actually, I have no idea :lol:  I mean when i was growing up, 90s etc, there weren't a market for it, there probably was amongst rock fans in the 70s.

Just now, J Dog said:

Start from the beginning....Pronounced Leh-nerd skin-nerd.

If you dig that then their 2nd one is good too. Second Helping.

Gimme Back My Bullets is a personal fav.

I'm on it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

See being as how i ain't heard em song'll be fresh to me.  There ain't really a market for Southern American rock in England, only reason I've heard of Credence is...actually, I have no idea :lol:  I mean when i was growing up, 90s etc, there weren't a market for it, there probably was amongst rock fans in the 70s.

I'm on it!

Gimme Back My Bullets is great! try Call Me the Breeze, The Needle and the Spoon, oh @J Dog can give you a lot more :)

• Like 1

Dimebag oh man, the fucking home videos were all his doing as well. Watch It Go is 3 hrs of absolute bedlam. i think big scale touring could get real ugly if you let it, Pantera and their road crew looked like they knew how entertain themselves in their downtime.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 2

I've been diving into behind the scenes shit with Motorhead. Specifically Lemmy. I just watched the Netflix documentary the other day and the guy really was a textbook example of doing what makes you happy. He had millions of dollars and lived in a $900/mo condo near Sunset Blvd and if he wasn't touring, he was just doing what he wanted to do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J Dog said:

I love Vulgar Display of Power. Stick that between Cowboys From Hell and Far Beyond Driven, that's a great three album run right there.

I think Great Southern Trendkill is fucking awesome as well, fucking great band i thought they came along at a perfect time and where a big middle finger to the elitist type attitude that was creeping into "alternative" rock/metal.

Edited by Silverburst80

• 2 weeks later...